OT: Best CT Bars to watch the Tourney? | The Boneyard

OT: Best CT Bars to watch the Tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Planning to get out of work around 2 to catch the opening round games with a buddy. Any suggestions for great bars with good atmospheres and cheap drinks? I'm in the Hartford/Manchester area but feel free to recommend bars from throughout the state for others reference.

Reaction Score
Go to City Sports Grille in Vernon, they have 2 TVs in every booth and i think 3 or 4 huge plasmas.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Buffalo Wild Wings has been my traditional NCAA Tourney spot, entirely for the plethora of large HDTVs and beer. The actual food is not that great. I've also hit up Damon's Tavern (good all around) on the Hartford/West Hartford line as well as Wood n Tap (a place I love, just not a lot of TVs).

This year, a bunch of us are going to camp out at the Tilted Kilt in Wethersfield all Friday afternoon/eve... Not as many TVs as BWW but there's other things to watch there too!

Reaction Score
Chicago Sams Enfield and Chicago Sams (formerly Rookies) in Cromwell are spacious and have plenty of good TV's, sound and an NCAA environment. Obviously better with the Huskies but still pretty good.

Reaction Score
When did this happen?

Like 8 months ago. One of the owners of Rookies wanted out, so they bought him out and went w/ Chicago Sams name. I'm not sure how the new arrangement was divided up in terms of ownership but there is not much difference between the old Rookies and the new Chi Sams format. Menu is a little different, that's about it.

Reaction Score
Rookies changed hands about 8-9 months ago as Doggie Style said.......changes in the plus are much brighter interior design, tables - much hotter bartenders most of the time and the foods a little better.......most of the TV's are still the same, some good some need newer technology but it will come. Know the Chi Sams guys well and they manage places with the understanding of making the customer happy!!

Reaction Score
Go to City Sports Grille in Vernon, they have 2 TVs in every booth and i think 3 or 4 huge plasmas.
that is a much better place than you would think being attached to a bowling alley. was very impressed and it seems like not a lot of people know about it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Planning to get out of work around 2 to catch the opening round games with a buddy. Any suggestions for great bars with good atmospheres and cheap drinks? I'm in the Hartford/Manchester area but feel free to recommend bars from throughout the state for others reference.
Damon's will always hold a special place in my heart. Watched the entire 2011 Tournament run there and loved it all the time. Beer towers, decent food, and tons of quality TVs. If it ever gets warm out, they have TVs on the outside so you can go out on the front porch too. If I was to recommend a place in the Hartford area, that'd be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom