OT: Best Bagels... Because, why not? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Bagels... Because, why not?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
To place a lower frame of reference on this, any bagel W of NJ is crappy. You haven't lived until you've had a NM, etc, bagel. In Brooklyn, they claim the bread is great because of the water. Try Royal Crown (not for bagels).

Untrue. I'll put a bagel from Mediterra here in Pgh up against anything from CT. They're a bakery in an industrial park, but have a tiny retail section for consumers, so you're there for bagels & bread only. You're on your own for coffee & schmear.

To me the bagels at Einstein's, Panera or Brueggers are almost interchangeable and are more like soft pretzels than a bagel. I don't recall ever having a DD bagel, but I'd take their coffee (fresh pot only) over the mermaid's cup o' carbon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Where exactly?
Cohen's is on the Post Road on your left as you drive east out of town towards Clinton. Just past Lenny & Joe's, in a strip of shops that includes a lacrosse store and an Edible Arrangements.

They are good, especially when hot and fresh (and my girls love the french toast bagel; I like the Asiago and everything bagels). But when Willoughby's used to have them delivered from H&H in NYC I far preferred the H&H bagels. Just more of a style preference than anything. I like them either dense, or crusty/fluffy. Cohen's is in between, like a lot of other bagel shops.

Reaction Score
Only in a pinch though... Dunkin donuts makes horrible bagels. They're just glorified rolls shaped like bagels. They lack that chewiness & crust a good bagel has.

Bagelz in Glastonbury does have some good ones.

Bagelz closed in the fall of 2011. It was pretty good and only 2 miles from my house. Coffee always tasted a bit burnt, but the bagels were very good.

Reaction Score
For those that live on the North Shore of Boston, I have been blown away by the bagels at Bagel World in Salem (+ 2 other locations). I have not been into bagels for a while, but Bagel World brought me back in. Not only are they the best, but to pick up a Bakers Dozen + a tub of Cream Cheese for uner $10 is an amazing value.

Reaction Score
Cohen's is on the Post Road on your left as you drive east out of town towards Clinton. Just past Lenny & Joe's, in a strip of shops that includes a lacrosse store and an Edible Arrangements.

They are good, especially when hot and fresh (and my girls love the french toast bagel; I like the Asiago and everything bagels). But when Willoughby's used to have them delivered from H&H in NYC I far preferred the H&H bagels. Just more of a style preference than anything. I like them either dense, or crusty/fluffy. Cohen's is in between, like a lot of other bagel shops.

So I've been in Madison the last 2 weekends & stopped at Cohen's twice. The bagels are great. The Blueberry scones are fantastic.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Bruegger's and no one can tell me diff'rnt.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Bruegger's and no one can tell me diff'rnt.

Uhh, Subba, please. I agree with about 86.28% of your posts, but this falls within the other 13%+. You might as well say Lenders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom