OT: Beilein out | The Boneyard

OT: Beilein out

Reaction Score
read somewhere that his age, 67, is an issue for any rebuild. He’s more likely a candidate for for a situation that has quality athletes already. It’ll be interesting to watch. He’s a great coach, no doubt.

Reaction Score
Cleveland is such a disaster. So many baffling decisions coming from that franchise. Collin Sexton is about to be on his fourth head coach... and he’s only been in the league for one and a half seasons.

Reaction Score
where did i go wrong in life that i could be so bad at my job that someone would pay me millions to leave halfway through my first year?

And then have an endless line of suitors wanting to hire you

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cleveland is such a disaster. So many baffling decisions coming from that franchise. Collin Sexton is about to be on his fourth head coach... and he’s only been in the league for one and a half seasons.
Cleveland as a whole is a disaster - the Indians are the only decent thing that city can talk about

Reaction Score
This was about as predictable as it gets, and still inexplicable why he left Michigan (or WVU before that, frankly).

He would need to step into a situation with a quick re-build and with a younger coach in waiting, not unlike Larry Brown at SMU.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't blame the guy for trying out what may have been a life dream and also a huge paycheck but in reality I consider him to be a really good college basketball coach and he should have no issue finding a place somewhere real soon - regardless of his age.
To me he is one of the good guys.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The quick and dirty I saw said he coached the players like college kids. I thought he was smarter than that.

Reaction Score
The quick and dirty I saw said he coached the players like college kids. I thought he was smarter than that.
More likely the actual issue is the same with every struggling NBA team. They hire a good coach to a bad team, the bad team plays poorly, the players get frustrated, and the players turn on the coach.

Reaction Score
And then have an endless line of suitors wanting to hire you
I always wondered why proven college coaches make the jump to the NBA when they already are in a good situation. I think the answer is that its a win-win situation and we are seeing that again with Beilein. If a coach makes the jump and is successful, then its great, and they get to make a lot of $$$. If at any point they fail, they still make a lot of $$$, and they can jump right back into coaching in college because they can land another job in 5 minutes. That was the case with Calipari, Pitino, and now Beilein Im sure will land somewhere and have success. For guys like Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens, it has really worked out for them. They can get another job in either college or the NBA since they are proven winners at both levels

Reaction Score
I always wondered why proven college coaches make the jump to the NBA when they already are in a good situation.

A lot of really good coaches absolutely hate recruiting. Beilein among them.

Reaction Score
He did make 4 million bucks plus whatever buyout he is owed.

Reaction Score
Indians just doesn’t seem to make sense, but not a lot they do does

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This was about as predictable as it gets, and still inexplicable why he left Michigan (or WVU before that, frankly).

He would need to step into a situation with a quick re-build and with a younger coach in waiting, not unlike Larry Brown at SMU.

People seem to think JB is something other than what he is.

He’s very ambitious - when he gets a chance to move up, he normally takes it. It was anything other than a surprise that he moved to Michigan and then to the NBA.

And he’s 67, not 87.

He can take any kind of job in college hoop. A rebuild is not an issue and there’s no reason that he’d need a coach in waiting situation.

Reaction Score
More likely the actual issue is the same with every struggling NBA team. They hire a good coach to a bad team, the bad team plays poorly, the players get frustrated, and the players turn on the coach.

By most accounts he lost the locker room before the season even started.

Reaction Score
I always wondered why proven college coaches make the jump to the NBA when they already are in a good situation. I think the answer is that its a win-win situation and we are seeing that again with Beilein. If a coach makes the jump and is successful, then its great, and they get to make a lot of $$$. If at any point they fail, they still make a lot of $$$, and they can jump right back into coaching in college because they can land another job in 5 minutes. That was the case with Calipari, Pitino, and now Beilein Im sure will land somewhere and have success. For guys like Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens, it has really worked out for them. They can get another job in either college or the NBA since they are proven winners at both levels
2 words... Leonard Hamilton. Made millions for a couple NBA years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom