OT: Bazley decommits from 'Cuse, goes to G-League | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Bazley decommits from 'Cuse, goes to G-League

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"If a player doesn't want to go to school, GO PRO! Go play overseas! You don't have to go to school!"

*player goes pro*

"What a jerk!!! He should go to school!!!"

sums it up

Reaction Score
25k and he will have to pay for his own meals. Housing is provided. These kids literally have no clue how cushy they have it as full scholarship athletes at top schools.

Enjoy the low pay, bus trips, paying for your meals, and fighting against grown men for playing time.
Guess you don’t realize he is now free to sign any endorsement deal he pleases, don’t be surprised if a 6 figure a year+ shoe deal is already in the works for the kid as he is a projected top 10 pick for 2019. The top kids going HS to Gleague will get paid it’s the ones who aren’t on nba radars that declare early that will struggle.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What’d it say?

Paraphrasing here because it was a long tweet: Spears said he just got off the phone with someone in the Syracuse circle. Things are a complete sh itshow. He was shocked. The source also said that Cuse "never should have brought the old man back". That a direct quote I remember.

Reaction Score
Guess you don’t realize he is now free to sign any endorsement deal he pleases, don’t be surprised if a 6 figure a year+ shoe deal is already in the works for the kid as he is a projected top 10 pick for 2019. The top kids going HS to Gleague will get paid it’s the ones who aren’t on nba radars that declare early that will struggle.

Not sure about that. I think part of the Adidas stuff going on was the schools pledging allegiance to Adidas and all the marketing Adidas got with those schools. It was a brand investment.

Paying a player that money who might amount to nothing is risky business. The top school are established and have guaranteed tv exposure

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not sure about that. I think part of the Adidas stuff going on was the schools pledging allegiance to Adidas and all the marketing Adidas got with those schools. It was a brand investment.

Paying a player that money who might amount to nothing is risky business. The top school are established and have guaranteed tv exposure

Nike and Adidas has so much freakin money it doesn't even matter. Paying a Top 10 kid in the Gleague is like one expense weekend for them. Of course they are doing it.

Think about it, if they can lock him in for a number of years at a low rate, it doesn't matter if they bust. And the upside could be good.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Posters over on their board asking if Syracuse can sue Bazley.

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
I'm sure some kids will do this because they don't want to go to school. But I don't think a LOT of kids will do this because of money. I would imagine unless you are a guaranteed high first rounder that it wouldn't be worth it for an agent to front enough money to entice someone to skip school.

Reaction Score
A bit of a negative for UConn as far as late recruiting and transfers. Syracuse may also be very active going after the few available players or trying to get kids to re-classify

intlzncster

Reaction Score
A bit of a negative for UConn as far as late recruiting and transfers. Syracuse may also be very active going after the few available players or trying to get kids to re-classify

They don't have a ton of PT available tho.

Reaction Score
I hope this becomes a trend among this type of player. NBA should encourage it and the NCAA needs to revise its rules to make 1-done less beneficial.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I hope this becomes a trend among this type of player. NBA should encourage it and the NCAA needs to revise its rules to make 1-done less beneficial.

How would they do that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom