OT- Baylor Sexual Assault | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Baylor Sexual Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Crap like this just further validates Diaco's "RKG" approach in recruiting. Very few college kids are actually full-fledged saints, but there's always a huge difference between the occasional misconduct and straight-up criminal activity/tendencies/behavior. All the more grateful Diaco and UConn haven't compromised to accepting crooks for a quick fix of the program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Considering how far Briles has elevated the Baylor football program and overall brand, what's in the report must me be an absolute horror show.

Just look at Louisville. They did their homework and kneecapped themselves immediately for 2016 season based on what was in the still undisclosed report and its rumored that Pitino's job maybe on the line. Baylor just did theirs and they are acting like they are on the Titanic and just hit the iceberg.

Reaction Score
Personally, I want to congratulate Baylor U. I thought they would never come close topping a scandal that involved a coach trying to make a dead young man a scapegoat. I have been proven wrong. Well played Baylor.
Ken Starr and Baylor, a match made in the lowest bowels of Hell. Luckily, he will still have the opportunity to teach ethics at their law school.

Reaction Score
How about North Carolina? What do the get for decades of phony courses and fake coursework?

I bet the NCAA will "punish" North Carolina while everyone is outraged about Baylor and not even paying attention.

Reaction Score
Instead of Mike Singletary? Dayum. Might as well sink back to mediocrity. Got the new stadium.

Reaction Score
My sense is that Singletary will get his chance for the job next year when they clean house totally... Grobe is a stopgap.

BTW:
coachingsearch 5:55pm via TweetDeck
.@Baylor247 reports AD Ian McCaw will resign

>>Ian McCaw Resigns As Director of Athletics

WACO, Texas – Baylor University has been informed that Vice President and Director of Athletics Ian McCaw has resigned his position. McCaw has asked that the University distribute the following statement on his behalf:

“After much reflection and prayer, I have decided that a change in athletics department leadership is in Baylor University’s best interest in order to promote the unity, healing and restoration that must occur in order to move forward. I have always sought to put the University’s needs ahead of my own. My time at Baylor has been an incredible journey filled with some of the most remarkable people I have ever known. I am grateful to Baylor Nation for its support and dedication, and to all who have done so much to advance the athletics program.”

The University would also like to share this statement from Baylor University Board of Regents:

“We understand and accept this difficult decision by Ian McCaw to resign as Athletic Director and are grateful for his service to Baylor University. We also appreciate Ian’s commitment and involvement in bringing a person of integrity such as Jim Grobe to the University before making this decision.”<<

Reaction Score
>>Ian McCaw Resigns As Director of Athletics

WACO, Texas – Baylor University has been informed that Vice President and Director of Athletics Ian McCaw has resigned his position. McCaw has asked that the University distribute the following statement on his behalf:

“After much reflection and prayer, I have decided that a change in athletics department leadership is in Baylor University’s best interest in order to promote the unity, healing and restoration that must occur in order to move forward. I have always sought to put the University’s needs ahead of my own. My time at Baylor has been an incredible journey filled with some of the most remarkable people I have ever known. I am grateful to Baylor Nation for its support and dedication, and to all who have done so much to advance the athletics program.”

The University would also like to share this statement from Baylor University Board of Regents:

“We understand and accept this difficult decision by Ian McCaw to resign as Athletic Director and are grateful for his service to Baylor University. We also appreciate Ian’s commitment and involvement in bringing a person of integrity such as Jim Grobe to the University before making this decision.”<<

Looks like they're going the anti Louisville route. Means they will likely suck for a long time but at least they'll have a program their fans and alums can be proud of.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Grobe is at least a pro and get give them some credibility. For one year it won't sink them and there is no stress around keeping him.

But yeah he isn't really a fit for the roster.

Reaction Score

CjvfVKlUoAAYAXT.jpg

Reaction Score
Complete house cleaning. Hiring Grobe shows 1) Baylor realizes it maybe a mistake to keep it internal, i.e. promote the DC and 2) they are willing to hire a mediocre coach who has a reputation as having good character and experience in a religious university over a successful football pedigree. While religion is important in Texas, football is more. For a Texas DI university to actively make such a hire, this report must be an absolute nightmare. This is about saving Baylor and football over the long-term.

Reaction Score
Complete house cleaning. Hiring Grobe shows 1) Baylor realizes it maybe a mistake to keep it internal, i.e. promote the DC and 2) they are willing to hire a mediocre coach who has a reputation as having good character and experience in a religious university over a successful football pedigree. While religion is important in Texas, football is more. For a Texas DI university to actively make such a hire, this report must be an absolute nightmare. This is about saving Baylor and football over the long-term.

Jim Grobe is far from a mediocre coach.

Reaction Score
Jim Grobe is far from a mediocre coach.

No disrespect to his character, but just on win/losses, he is 'average' with a 110–115–1 total collegiate record. While he gets a 'bonus' for coaching at Wake, which can be a challenging environment in comparison to FSU and others, its not the proven success that a team such as Baylor that has had national title aspirations at least until this point in time.

Reaction Score
No disrespect to his character, but just on win/losses, he is 'average' with a 110–115–1 total collegiate record. While he gets a 'bonus' for coaching at Wake, which can be a challenging environment in comparison to FSU and others, its not the proven success that a team such as Baylor that has had national title aspirations at least until this point in time.

I think you're under valuing that "bonus".

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Have to imagine NCAA will step in and let these guys out of their LOIs at some point. This is a totally unforeseen circumstance

Reaction Score

Have to imagine NCAA will step in and let these guys out of their LOIs at some point. This is a totally unforeseen circumstance

This is one reason why grown adults shouldn't get the undies soiled when kids "decommit" from schools. It's the only time the kids will ever have any leverage at all.

Reaction Score
Part of the college football sickness that pervades the system. Big money has undermined the integrity of what is supposed to be college amateur athletics. The P5 "make our own rules" system, Harbaugh and his satellite camps, the BCS, multimillion dollar coaching salaries, conference realignments, rapes, drugs, prostitutes and the rest of parade of horribles tells you the NCAA has lost all control and the Presidents of these institutions have been corrupted by the system.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile at Miss State, they are allowing a freshmen in who was just shown repeatedly punching a woman in the face as she laid defenseless on the pavement. Suspended for 1 game against South Alabama.

Just unbelievable.

Reaction Score
Man's worth 6 mil a year to them. He'll probably be able to weasel his way out of this. They just built a new stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom