OT: Barn Find/Car Restoration Advice | The Boneyard

OT: Barn Find/Car Restoration Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While working for a retired doctor in a small town upstate N.Y., I came across a 1965 Toyota Landcruiser which was collecting dust in the doctor's barn. After talking with the doctor, he told me to make him an offer. After doing some research, an offer was made and now I am the owner. The question I have for the boneyard is "does anyone know of a good restoration company in the Southern New England area. I am looking to do a frame off restoration. The truck has all original parts but has been repainted. I am looking to go back to the original paint color. Would appreciate any suggestions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Picture?

I'd love to see the before and after.

Reaction Score
I have 4 of them

If you want to restore it on me and I'll give you someone that does land cruisers

You don't need to spend a fortune to get it done.

Reaction Score
Damn cell phone keyboard.

If you want someone to restore it PM me and I'll give you the name/number of a guy.

I wish to hell I had the knowledge, time and skill to resto them and I wish I had the money to afford to pay for his resto. Because if I had that sore cash laying around my life would be much different.

Reaction Score
What are plans with it? Run it or sell it?

Does the engine move?

If so I bet you can get it started with a battery and a splash of fuel in the carb.

I pulled one out of field that was sitting for 28 years and hit the motor with the marvel mystery oil for a week and it started up.

Tractor motors.

Congratulations on the find. Good support over on ih8mud.com

Reaction Score
What are plans with it? Run it or sell it?

Does the engine move?

If so I bet you can get it started with a battery and a splash of fuel in the carb.

I pulled one out of field that was sitting for 28 years and hit the motor with the marvel mystery oil for a week and it started up.

Tractor motors.

Congratulations on the find. Good support over on ih8mud.com

Yeah pulled and cleaned the gas tank, rebuilt carb, hit the cylinders with marvel mystery oil for a couple of days and got her going. Probably gonna sell it but not before I have some fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom