OT Bachelor Party in Denver | The Boneyard

OT Bachelor Party in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Going to a bachelor party in Denver first weekend in August. We know we are going to a Rockies game to watch fellow husky Scott Oberg pitch, and doing the pedal hopper. We'll be staying downtown, but does anyone have any good recommendations on PDDs (pre dinner drinks), dinner (nice steak houses, etc) , or brunch spots for a bunch of dudes in their late 20s and early 30's?

Thanks!

Reaction Score
Snooze and Denver biscuit company are the big name brunch spots. Snooze has a couple locations near downtown. Lous food bar for best bottomless, and bloody mart bar

Blake street tavern is fun pregame spot (downstairs) because it's got a ton of bar games (darts, shuffleboard, arcade bball, corn hole etc) ands it's 2 blocks from the ballpark. Zengo is a cool spot with small plates and good drinks.

I can throw out some more ideas if you want. I'm 28 so might have some useful suggestions (but I'm married so I am ignorant of the club scene)

Reaction Score
Lohi steak bar for really good steaks that aren't super pricey in a chill bar atmosphere. Get the truffle fries and try the chimichurri sauce.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lived in Denver for a year around 25 years ago so my food and drink recs would probably be dated, but one place I can assure you is still there and still legit (after having sent a few people there over the years) is El Chapultapec. Great, old school jazz and blues joint that's been there since the early 30's (Sinatra, Ella, Miles, etc. played there...). Like a little slice of Harlem in Denver that was always a guaranteed good time, and by all reports of the people I've sent there recently, it still is. Chips and salsa, booze poured from 1.75L "handles," great live music and dancing every night.

Herman's Hideaway was another good live music venue.

Reaction Score
Tons of cool places downtown and in surrounding area.

If you haven't been to Denver before and have access to a car (30 minutes +/- from downtown)... The Fort Restaurant. Get the Rocky Mountain Oysters...;)

The Buckhorn Exchange is also a fun spot (good exotic game meal/time). Just south of downtown).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't do Denver w/o having bison/buffalo. Also rcmd the Buckhorn Exchange (oldest restaurant in Denver, and Col's first liquor license), and perhaps Ted's Montana. There was a bison restaurant with a bison statue out front, but can't remember name.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I went to Ted's Montana last night. It was in Grafton, Mass. which is not near Denver, so I assume it's a chain. It was nothing special. It's like an Outback Steakhouse that got dressed up for the night.

But anyway, one time @jleves took his girlfriend to Denver and ended up leaving her at the top of one of the mountains. Then he drove back to LA.

He could probably give you some pointers about Denver.

Reaction Score
I went to the Cheesecake Factory in Denver. Also my first Krispy Kreme donut. Have fun!

Reaction Score
I went to Ted's Montana last night. It was in Grafton, Mass. which is not near Denver, so I assume it's a chain. It was nothing special. It's like an Outback Steakhouse that got dressed up for the night.
I agree. I'm assuming you went to the one in Westborough. You should have stopped by my house for a beer.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Shotgun Willies

enough said

My cousin used to live out west and speaks fondly of shotgun willies. i went back in high school with my best friend. we ended up clam baking a taxi cab at 4 am and the driver gave me about $30 worth of free weed and said 'welcome to denver.' we got back to the hotel by about 5 am, and his girlfriend (we were out there for her soccer tournament) was NOT pleased. Don't regret it at all...she sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom