OT: At least we have Lavar Ball to keep us laughing | The Boneyard

OT: At least we have Lavar Ball to keep us laughing

Reaction Score
Newest jackpot from the crackpot: LiAngelo and LiMelo have both signed with an agent and are going to play overseas. Says Lavar: "It's not about the money, it's about the boys playing together again". Yeah, right Lavar. The basketball equivalent of the Kardashians. Can't wait to see how this ends up.......

Reaction Score
The one that got arrested in China strikes me as a pretty big loser but I kind of feel bad for Lamelo. He’s only 16 and his dad is stripping away his chance to play college ball for no reason. At least wait till he’s 18 and let him decide for himself. Taking away your own sons eligibility at age 16 is flat out bad parenting.

Reaction Score
He is not raising or allowing his boys to grow up as men capable of making their own choices.

Part of me thinks the whole China thing was the boy trying to do something outside the shadow of his dad. Get attention for something not having to do with his dad and as a young person, picked something really negative, sadly.

Where is the mom in all of this, by the way?

Reaction Score
The weirdest part is that even an idiot like Lavar can see his middle kid ain’t making money playing basketball. Lonzo got Gelo a scholarship to UCLA, the most-applied-to school in this country; why not get Gelo a business degree or something to help Lavar run the company?

Reaction Score
My God Alford made out like a bandit.

Imagine coaching an over hyped about gunner like Melo with the Ball circus. Now he just needs to keep the job.

Reaction Score
This guy is the worst sports parent since Marv Marinovich, and probably the worst ever. I feel bad for Lonzo as he is going to have to carry the financial burden for his entire family before this is over.

Reaction Score
The one that got arrested in China strikes me as a pretty big loser but I kind of feel bad for Lamelo. He’s only 16 and his dad is stripping away his chance to play college ball for no reason. At least wait till he’s 18 and let him decide for himself. Taking away your own sons eligibility at age 16 is flat out bad parenting.
I feel bad for Lonzo and LiAngelo. LiAngelo could have had a free education. He's not an NBA talent (maybe he proves me wrong). He did something petty and stupid. If it weren't for the fact he chose to do it in one of the worst places imaginable it would have barely lasted 24 hours in the news.

Lonzo, by most accounts, is a quiet and humble guy appreciated by his teammates.

I don't know the kid, but from afar LaMelo comes off as one of the biggest pricks west of the Mississippi.

Reaction Score
This guy is the worst sports parent since Marv Marinovich, and probably the worst ever. I feel bad for Lonzo as he is going to have to carry the financial burden for his entire family before this is over.

Why do you assume they're broke without Lonzo's paycheck? (They're not.)

Reaction Score

Which is weird because that's usually not the case for guys hiring agents at 16 and 18. The thing I can say about Lavar is that he's always conducted himself as if he knows something we don't. I'm starting to doubt that he does, but we'll see how this goes. I imagine the kids had some say in the process.

Reaction Score

I make no assumption that they are "broke". Perhaps you imagined that you saw something that I did not type. However, I do assume that Lonzo will be the big breadwinner in that family as he will make an income playing basketball that is going to surpass anything his brothers appear to be on track to make. Now, none of us can be sure of what goes on behind the scenes, but it's pretty easy to imagine that Lonzo will be footing the bill for all sorts of enterprises. Maybe it will work out for all involved, maybe Lavar really is a smart parent with a solid gameplan for his family that none of us can see. Lots of maybes there.

Reaction Score
I make no assumption that they are "broke". Perhaps you imagined that you saw something that I did not type. However, I do assume that Lonzo will be the big breadwinner in that family as he will make an income playing basketball that is going to surpass anything his brothers appear to be on track to make. Now, none of us can be sure of what goes on behind the scenes, but it's pretty easy to imagine that Lonzo will be footing the bill for all sorts of enterprises. Maybe it will work out for all involved, maybe Lavar really is a smart parent with a solid gameplan for his family that none of us can see. Lots of maybes there.

It's easier to just admit you were wrong to say Lonzo will "have to carry the financial burden for his entire family".

There are no "maybes" in that statement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's easier to just admit you were wrong to say Lonzo will "have to carry the financial burden for the family".

Wrong about what exactly? Do you also see some words there that I did not type? Perhaps you missed the words "before this is over"? Listen, maybe a lot of us are wrong and the other two brothers will turn out to be great basketball players, that are dynamic and can help drive the BBB brand. Maybe these three kids really will be the greatest thing of all time and we'll have to buy jerseys and shoes for our kids for the rest of our lives. I'm just having real trouble envisioning a career path for them that doesn't involve their Lonzo as the driving force for it all. Right now Lonzo is the only proven part of Lavar's "master plan", and even he is a serious work in progress. I just think what's going on here is pretty ridiculous, but it's their life to live and we are all just commenting on it.

Reaction Score

I didn't imagine ____. I asked why you thought a 19 year old was going to have to be the breadwinner (i.e. why you assumed his adult parents don't have money, which they do).

Reaction Score
Wrong about what exactly? Do you also see some words there that I did not type? Perhaps you missed the words "before this is over"? Listen, maybe a lot of us are wrong and the other two brothers will turn out to be great basketball players, that are dynamic and can help drive the BBB brand. Maybe these three kids really will be the greatest thing of all time and we'll have to buy jerseys and shoes for our kids for the rest of our lives. I'm just having real trouble envisioning a career path for them that doesn't involve their Lonzo as the driving force for it all. Right now Lonzo is the only proven part of Lavar's "master plan", and even he is a serious work in progress. I just think what's going on here is pretty ridiculous, but it's their life to live and we are all just commenting on it.
Wrong to say that Lonzo Ball "will have to carry the financial burden for his entire family", I made that pretty clear. What you typed is an assumption. You used the words "he is going to have to". You don't know what he's going to have to do to support his "entire family" financially. Poor assumption. I don't need to read what isn't there, because what is there is an assumption.

Since you want to double down...the words "before this is over" don't add any value or context to your comment. They only make it less clear. Before what is all over? You used an ambiguous pronoun. What does "this" refer to? There's nothing in the sentence that would make it known, and you didn't quote anyone.

Even if you had clearly shown what noun "this" was referring to, it probably wouldn't change anything about the poor assumption made prior.

Maybe the other two brothers don't turn out to be great basketball players. Maybe they just get regular jobs, and are able to support themselves like most people. Would Lonzo still have to "carry the financial burden for his entire family"?

We all say stuff that's dumb, I do it once or twice a decade (okay, maybe a week) it's easier to just admit it and move on.

Reaction Score
Wrong to say that Lonzo Ball "will have to carry the financial burden for his entire family", I made that pretty clear. What you typed is an assumption. You used the words "he is going to have to". You don't know what he's going to have to do to support his "entire family" financially. Poor assumption. I don't need to read what isn't there, because what is there is an assumption.

Since you want to double down...the words "before this is over" don't add any value or context to your comment. They only make it less clear. Before what is all over? You used an ambiguous pronoun. What does "this" refer to? There's nothing in the sentence that would make it known, and you didn't quote anyone.

Even if you had clearly shown what noun "this" was referring to, it probably wouldn't change anything about the poor assumption made prior.

Maybe the other two brothers don't turn out to be great basketball players. Maybe they just get regular jobs, and are able to support themselves like most people. Would Lonzo still have to "carry the financial burden for his entire family"?

We all say stuff that's dumb, I do it once or twice a decade (okay, maybe a week) it's easier to just admit it and move on.

Tell you what, you go ahead and hold your breath waiting for anyone in that family to take a "regular" job and we will check back in on it in a few years. With the situation that the old man is creating, what do they end up doing for a living if they can't make money playing hoops? Fall back on their high school educations and take whatever job is available to them? The old man is just making this more difficult for everyone involved and I just think it will end up with Lonzo doing what most people would end up doing in this situation, carrying his brothers. Anyway, that's enough from me on this, at least until the next time the old man says or does something crazy. Hell, maybe he can get a gig coaching them overseas and they can make it into a reality TV show and everyone will profit.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Ill be the contrarian here. LiAngelo may have never played at UCLA anyway so he might as well play in Europe. LaMelo will potentially be an NBA player if he gets stronger. But getting paid to play in Spain at 16 ain't that bad.

Reaction Score
These kids have no future. They started building the Big Baffoon Brand and manged to destroy it in a matter of months.

Reaction Score
Ill be the contrarian here. LiAngelo may have never played at UCLA anyway so he might as well play in Europe. LaMelo will potentially be an NBA player if he gets stronger. But getting paid to play in Spain at 16 ain't that bad.

Lebron James maybe could have gotten a contract at the age of 16. LaMelo, no way.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Lebron James maybe could have gotten a contract at the age of 16. LaMelo, no way.
You'd be surprised. A lower division club in Spain will sign him or one of the big clubs will put him (and his brother) in their academy.

Reaction Score
Tell you what, you go ahead and hold your breath waiting for anyone in that family to take a "regular" job and we will check back in on it in a few years. With the situation that the old man is creating, what do they end up doing for a living if they can't make money playing hoops? Fall back on their high school educations and take whatever job is available to them? The old man is just making this more difficult for everyone involved and I just think it will end up with Lonzo doing what most people would end up doing in this situation, carrying his brothers. Anyway, that's enough from me on this, at least until the next time the old man says or does something crazy. Hell, maybe he can get a gig coaching them overseas and they can make it into a reality TV show and everyone will profit.

Believe it or not, most high school stars end up working regular jobs. 99+% of players never make the NBA. So the odds are greatly in my favor.

Reaction Score
Lavar is such an alpha dominating your brains. Love this guy pretty much because old white dudes get so mad because they care to much about stuff that has nothing to do with them. He's building a brand off of trolling you angry dolts.

Reaction Score
You'd be surprised. A lower division club in Spain will sign him or one of the big clubs will put him (and his brother) in their academy.

Yeah, and maybe Lonzo will bank roll all of the expenses with his NBA dollars. Because the younger 2 won't land a contrat big enough to pay the bills of feed Lavar's ego.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Yeah, and maybe Lonzo will bank roll all of the expenses with his NBA dollars. Because the younger 2 won't land a contrat big enough to pay the bills of feed Lavar's ego.
LiAngelo not a chance, LaMelo depends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom