ot: At hospital | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ot: At hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Get well HD! Never fun to have to go to the hospital for any reason. The body seems to start breaking down for many guys at the age of 40. Well at least the guys who don't workout enough like me. LOL! Glad to hear it wasn't serious. I was just at the hospital for a kidney stone and now have gall bladder stone issues. Not fun!

Reaction Score
Just a scare huh? Perhaps you should stop watching this team the rest of the season. Get well and get out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm 41 as well and have found myself in the ER twice the last couple of years.

First ended up being dehydration but man collapsing on a golf course was not good.

Second they never really explained but ruled out everything bad.

Good luck.

Reaction Score
My brother had a bout with pleurisy when he was 41. Everyone thought he was having a heart attack as he clutched his chest and sweated through his dress shirt. It was very scary.

From WebMD:

"
What Is Pleurisy?

Pleurisy, also called pleuritis, is an inflammation of the pleura, which is the moist, double-layered membrane that surrounds the lungs and lines the rib cage. The condition can make breathing extremely painful. Sometimes it is associated with another condition called pleural effusion, in which excess fluid fills the area between the membrane's layers.

The double-layered pleura protects and lubricates the surface of the lungs as they inflate and deflate within the rib cage. Normally, a thin, fluid-filled gap -- the pleural space -- allows the two layers of the pleural membrane to slide gently past each other. But when these layers become inflamed, with every breath, sneeze, or cough, their roughened surfaces rub painfully together like two pieces of sandpaper.

In some cases of pleurisy, excess fluid seeps into the pleural space, resulting in pleural effusion. This fluid buildup usually has a lubricating effect, relieving the pain associated with pleurisy as it reduces friction between the membrane's layers. But at the same time, the added fluid puts pressure on the lungs, reducing their ability to move freely. A large amount of fluid may cause shortness of breath. In some cases of pleural effusion, this excess liquid can become infected."

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
And all I can do is read these posts as they come in. :) hope we win this week I could really use the lift. After that winter February and now this. Should be OK I'm only 41. Just an unnecessary scare.
Feel better Dad

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Get well soon HD. Please use your time wisely. Specifically, I'd like you to watch 3-4 Freshman Rip Hamilton games on uconnhuskygames.com and report how he compares on the eye test to Daniel Hamilton.

Much appreciated.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
HuskyDad - Get well quick and let us know when you're back at home!

Reaction Score
My mom's in the hospital and I haven't had a cold or the flu in 2-3 years and after 2-3 days of visiting I am a mess, chest cold and head - hate the hospital.

Hope everyone feels better for tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Out and home resting. Big scare. It had to be 1 of like 5 things. The one I got is manageable. I did ok for now. Hope everyone is doing well. Go Huskies.

Good to hear. Good luck with everything Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom