OT: ARCCOS for Golf | The Boneyard

OT: ARCCOS for Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I bought some new PING G425 irons and was given 14 ARCCOS sensors with a 45 day trial.

Any of you duffers using ARCCOS with your playing rounds? What do you think?

Reaction Score
I bought some new PING G425 irons and was given 14 ARCCOS sensors with a 45 day trial.

I used Arcos for a bit but switched to shot scope. Similar concept but (so far) no subscription to pay for. Really enjoy it, app is good, and gives a ton of very useful information about my game that I really didn't appreciate before that.

Reaction Score

My wife just started using the Arccos system and loves it. Unfortunately I can't offer any more details, as I haven't played in years, let alone tried the system out.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I refuse to use it.

I believe that it is a front for the CCP to covertly gather information about our golf games.
And eventually the shank you hit into the woods ends up on Tik Tok.

Reaction Score
I refuse to use it.

I believe that it is a front for the CCP to covertly gather information about our golf games.
Friend of mine is the CEO. I'll let him know your sentiments.

Reaction Score
I tried it & sadly, not much success.

The link gadget that I clipped to my belt could never get a signal & over here, so I was forced to use my Apple Watch. Using that resulted in the watch battery dying by hole 7, so I’ve given up on them.

I’m not good enough to make use of all the cool stats I would learn anyway.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And eventually the shank you hit into the woods ends up on Tik Tok.

It’s all connected.

They will attack when we are looking for our ball in the woods.

Reaction Score
I used it. It was interesting at one point but the fad wore off. I just didn't like carrying my phone around and draining my battery while looking for a ball in the woods.

I think I still have 2 sets of them somewhere. Not sure if they work or not. If any one wants one, I'll send it over.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
golf 'tech' is dreck.
like ur really gonna hit it where ur little puter tells u to. as if. u, like me, stink as we're much more likely to break wind than break 80.
we needed a 4th last week so i ring up a pal, the jet ski looney.
as we're putting around at the Wheel, he walks up wearing timberlands.
one of the 4 didn't know him, and asks me 'what's up with this guy?'
'u'll prolly quit the game after this round' i say to him 'cuz he just does stuff very well, without yapping or any equipment talk. don't be shocked iffn he picks up a tree branch to whack the ball, cuz he's a fun dude and always in it to just have a good time. he'll encourage u, and hope for ur success.'
steel shaft, cavity backed very old wilsons seriously needing a cleaning and new grips, he jokes his way to a legit 74 on the Red. every so often, and after another ridiculously good shot, he'll say 'that was cool' while we all say 'how the heck did that happen?'
in timberlands. once watched him smoke the course at banner, wearing flip flops. guy barely wears clothes in the warm weather, and usually can be seen in ripped shorts and such. since we both prefer wearing a t-shirt on the links, we both have mastered showing up in a collared shirt, and then peeling after we're past the starter police. every so often, the ranger police will show up while we're out there, and then after we put on the correct attire, we'll peel again. sum of those second encounters with the mounties are pretty funny. 'but it's so hot out here!'
everybody dresses correctly when playing at Brooklawn. when in rome and all that. respect.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
one time, playing at 'shenny by the subs,' a gentle, friendly old ranger catches up to us for the shirt thing. 'gentlemen, it is course policy that all wear appropriate attire. please put ur collared shirts back on.' now, it was sooo freakin hot and humid -smarmy- that management was constantly running around filling the water stations, and it was a small miracle that we didn't see more clubs flying out of peoples mitts. we call days like that 'a smoker,' as in smokin hot. jetski dude, who almost never gives guff or blowback to anyone sez to the ranger 'hey bud, what's this shot i have? aboot 200 yards or so? how aboot iffn u let us slide when i put it within 15 feet?' the ranger, a fine fellow, laughs and sez 'i gotta see this, so if u do that, ur in. i'll just tell the others that u have a skin condition, or something like that.'
jetski boy casually picks out a six iron, plink, plank, plunk. dribble dribble, aboot 9 feet or so in. ranger guy is quiet. then i hit. zoom! pert near hit every obstacle on the course, as it winds up in the sand of another hole.
hey! at least i can find it!
ranger guy, a good sport, sez to me 'put your shirt on.'
all cracked up laughing, and i put my shirt on. for a few holes as the police stopped patrolling cuz it was so dang hot, and apparently, they didn't want to leave the ac in the clubhouse anymore that day.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'plink, plank, plunk. dribble dribble, aboot 9 feet or so in.'
there are a good amount of golfers who score well becuz they're smart, read the shot, and just sort of bang it up there, correctly estimating the wetness, slopes, and other factors involved in bouncing it up there.
jetski guy, a natural athlete, can pull out the 100 mph fastball when needed, but he mostly plays as if he was just out loafing for a walk.
the moon shot wedge shot to the green, with the ball backspinning perfectly upon impact, is not often used by him as he is almost always in the perfect spot to just flick his wrists with a shorter iron, and have the ball go plink, plank, plunk, and dribble, dribble onto the green for a decent putt.
maddening. impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32