OT: Aquira DeCosta Baylor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Aquira DeCosta Baylor

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Baylor will have quite a nice problem when she returns......NaLyssa Smith and DeCosta.....both freaky athletic forwards that kind of play the same position...it would be interesting to see the two of them with either Brown or Cox up front.....if that group could't win an offensive rebound I don't know who could....

We've seen the line up of Cox, Brown, and Smith. Not many are getting to the basket. Smith has been the most impressive Freshman of the bunch, and most college ready player.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
she really suffered her freshman year while they tried to figure out her work load and her monitoring...... I think she looks great out there now in comparison....it's like night and day
Agreed! She really starting adjusting much better last year, and I see she's even better this year. I'm happy for her as it's a constant battle that most don't realize. Unfortunately, one of her younger sisters has been recently diagnosed with the same thing.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Now there's someone that knows what they are talking about. Most forget Cox has a bad disease. You will see this year, Cox is wearing a monitor on her arm wrapped up with tape, as last year the monitor constantly fell off her hip during the games. The trainer has a gauge in his hands at all times reading her numbers. Many times at half time Cox will need apple juice, or something along those lines to keep her numbers decent. This team has put a lot of work in with Cox on this issue and it's been great to see. They (trainer) monitors Cox 24/7. They know when she eats, drinks, and removes her monitor (which is a no no). How many young girls could handle this throughout their college days? I give Cox quite a bit of credit for sticking with it, along with being an honor roll student.
Stop. You're making too much damn sense.

JordyG

Reaction Score
It doesn't appear that they are projected by Mulkey as playing the same position. Decosta will be playing the 3. It appears Mulkey is transitioning her to the parameter. She is more dangerous in space off the dribble than playing with her back to the basket. This was evident by her showing during the 3X3 Worlds. She also has good court vision to find her teammates and passes the ball very well.
Good for Mulkey. The problem is teams already are going to collapse the zone, and DeCosta can't shoot for spit. She's gonna find that the paint is crowded off the dribble. She's going to have to work hard her whole CBB career and learn to be consistent on the pull up/mid range and how to shoot the 3. Athletically she's gifted. Offensively and defensively she's going to be a project.

Reaction Score
Sorry. I saw some of Cox's HS games and all of her international games. That young lady is a playa whose health concerns has highly inhibited her progress and her ability to get into basketball shape. Every time I see her now it just saddens me. I see a great player bound by a disease sapping her skills. I still hold out hope that she can somehow overcome the limitations imposed on her by this disease and push back all the naysayers.
Cox was sensational internationally. I was so impressed when she played as a junior on the USA team and led them to the the gold. When she was a frosh at Baylor she wasn’t the same player. Last year was better.

Reaction Score
No. Don't. Just don't.

Was thinking this when I watched the ASU-Baylor contest last week. Before the game they gave Baylor\Kim a nice Pendleton blanket coat to celebrate the Navajo sponsorship of the game. Thought to myself that they should have saved the money -- not an ounce of leather on there -- that coat will never will see the light of day again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was thinking this when I watched the ASU-Baylor contest last week. Before the game they gave Baylor\Kim a nice Pendleton blanket coat to celebrate the Navajo sponsorship of the game. Thought to myself that they should have saved the money -- not an ounce of leather on there -- that coat will never will see the light of day again.
I was there. Wouldn't have guessed Pendleton (more like 'Navajo'), and wouldn't have guessed 'no leather.' But what do I know? Agree about never seeing the light of day again...
1542821649405.png

JordyG

Reaction Score
Unless Kim can put wings and a rudder on it.

Reaction Score
I was seriously hoping she would keep it on during the game. Could you imagine how epic that jacket toss would be? I don’t think any of her others would compare.
She could take out the whole first row!

Reaction Score
Wrong already - she has worn it in public a few times and absolutely loves it!

I don't know if I should applaud Kim's growth -- or ask for photographic proof of the unbelievable.

Reaction Score
She should be glad they were not "plains Indians". A Buffalo hide coat would all but guarantee it would never be thrown. She would need the entire team to help her do that.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I was seriously hoping she would keep it on during the game. Could you imagine how epic that jacket toss would be? I don’t think any of her others would compare.

Hahaha this made me actually laugh out loud

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If people want to analyze playing skills, have at it. But you amateur psychologists need to stop making assessments of players’ mental abilities and emotional make up. You are straying into harmful speculation territory - and it’s just plain insulting. Knock it off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom