OT: Anyone plan on getting an Apple Watch? | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone plan on getting an Apple Watch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
If I had a lot of money to throw away I'd buy one

Reaction Score
Because most people carry a phone which does everything I don't see the need for the watch. Don't want my steps or calories counted or my couch time monitored.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I've had the Moto 360 since October. I like it a lot. The moto was $249 and does everything the iWatch does for a lot less and is abiout the 4th or 5th generation of android watch - I wouldn't touch first generation iWatch. I have a MacBook air and iPad and ipad air, but in the phone world android is 2-3 years ahead technology wise and a lot more integrated..

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Can I surf the Boneyard on an Apple Watch?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Given that we basically have every gadget on earth here and I'm curious.....yep, I'll buy one.

I've already tried a couple of other smartwatches from Pebble and Motorola and haven't been particularly impressed, so my expectations are pretty low.

Reaction Score
Sorry, no way. Hate the Apple products. I will stick to Android and keep it simple.

Within a few weeks I will be making the leap of moving to the San Jose Ca area to reap the rewards of warmer weather condusive to better running and training. No matter where I live I will always remain a Husky B-Ball fan. Sorry but when it comes to football its all ND for me and you can blame my dad for this.

Good luck guys and hope all are well. Oh ya, next years team will suck as the team will lack passion, heart and desire. LOL

I believe William Shea is already wearing one on each wrist.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
If there's an app that reminds people to grab rebounds, I'm buying one for our front court.

In the mean time, you can just buy them these Nike shirts to remind them.

nike-attack-the-glass-t-shirt-mens

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I wear (nice) watches every day (with a suit). The Apple Watch just wouldn't be a good look. No thanks. I'm just going to wait till they implant devices right into our head, like in Johnny Mnemonic.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
. The moto was $249 and does everything the iWatch does for a lot less and is abiout the 4th or 5th generation of android watch - I wouldn't touch first generation iWatch. I have a MacBook air and iPad and ipad air, but in the phone world android is 2-3 years ahead technology wise and a lot more integrated..

The 360 is the first generation and can't answer a phone call.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I wear (nice) watches every day (with a suit). The Apple Watch just wouldn't be a good look. No thanks. I'm just going to wait till they implant devices right into our head, like in Johnny Mnemonic.

That will always be a limitation, I think. No matter how slim or attractive they make these things, something that lights up periodically is always going to be a tough sell outside of casual settings.

I'll buy one, but I'm not wearing it with a suit or out to dinner.

Reaction Score
I'm always amazed how personal people take products. Apple people vs. Android people is just odd.

I am a gadget fan and I've looked forward to getting a smart watch ever since I had a few high-end watches stolen from my house (still hurts). Here are my 2 cents.
  • I think the Moto watch is much more attractive than the Apple Watch, but I haven't heard great stuff about its performance.
  • I have iphones, ipads, and ipods in the house so I'll probably go with the Apple Watch. I'm assuming I'd go with the middle level because I always get upsold one level (and I know I'm a sucker).
  • I'm going to (try) to wait for the second generation. I bought the first gen ipad for my wife and while I didn't regret it per se, it was missing some of the obvious stuff that the ipad 2 added (front camera, thinner/lighter). With the watch, it seems to me like there will be a big leap in battery life and maybe form-factor between generations. The ipad was just a big iphone so apple had a lot to build on. The watch is truly new so I think there will be some bumps.
  • I love the independence of the Pebble, but why does the new one look so much like a 1980s Casio calculator watch? They seem to have missed out on their opportunity as the first watch that had a cool independence story.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Sorry, no way. Hate the Apple products. I will stick to Android and keep it simple.

Within a few weeks I will be making the leap of moving to the San Jose Ca area to reap the rewards of warmer weather condusive to better running and training. No matter where I live I will always remain a Husky B-Ball fan. Sorry but when it comes to football its all ND for me and you can blame my dad for this.

Good luck guys and hope all are well. Oh ya, next years team will suck as the team will lack passion, heart and desire. LOL

Good luck with your move. Take a lot of water with you.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Used to wear a Bulova. The battery died in 2003 and I haven't worn a watch since. My computer has a clock in the lower right hand corner and whatever phone I've had for the last 13 years keeps the time just fine. An inexpensive pedometer will suffice for step counting. There is no good app for that.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Given that we basically have every gadget on earth here and I'm curious.....yep, I'll buy one. I've already tried a couple of other smartwatches from Pebble and Motorola and haven't been particularly impressed, so my expectations are pretty low.
I'm with you Fishy and I actually already have one pre-ordered.

Reaction Score
I'm always amazed how personal people take products. Apple people vs. Android people is just odd.

I am a gadget fan and I've looked forward to getting a smart watch ever since I had a few high-end watches stolen from my house (still hurts). Here are my 2 cents.
  • I think the Moto watch is much more attractive than the Apple Watch, but I haven't heard great stuff about its performance.
  • I have iphones, ipads, and ipods in the house so I'll probably go with the Apple Watch. I'm assuming I'd go with the middle level because I always get upsold one level (and I know I'm a sucker).
  • I'm going to (try) to wait for the second generation. I bought the first gen ipad for my wife and while I didn't regret it per se, it was missing some of the obvious stuff that the ipad 2 added (front camera, thinner/lighter). With the watch, it seems to me like there will be a big leap in battery life and maybe form-factor between generations. The ipad was just a big iphone so apple had a lot to build on. The watch is truly new so I think there will be some bumps.
  • I love the independence of the Pebble, but why does the new one look so much like a 1980s Casio calculator watch? They seem to have missed out on their opportunity as the first watch that had a cool independence story.

Dude, how do you fail to mention blackberry?

Reaction Score
Well I will find out when I run this 100 mile race in November. It will be a qualifier for me when I turn 60 in Dec for next years Western States 100 mile run.

Ne cell phones to carry just many gels packs and fluids

http://www.rio100mile.com/

It's probably easier to run 50 miles with than two cell phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom