OT: Anyone golf River Ridge CC | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone golf River Ridge CC

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Anyone here play River Ridge in Griswold CC? How would it be this time of year? Worth over an hour drive?

Reaction Score
Not a golfer but have been to the new restaurant inside. It's pretty decent

Reaction Score
Should be in nice shape fun layout take a ride. Just make the call to be sure they don’t have huge aeration holes you will be fine! As mentioned above good restaurant as well.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If you hear dueling banjos, leave asap!
Funny you say that. Have you ever played Connecticut National near Putnam? I sort of knew how to get there from the New Haven area. But second time there 5-6 years ago I decided to use WAZE. it got me off 395 a few exits earlier than expected. I literally wound up for at least 3 miles on a dirt road. There were some houses on it which I imagined one must be Carl Spackler’s place and I definitely heard Dueling Banjos. It was actually a proper route and as it turned out, the dirt road became paved about 100 yards before the golf course driveway.

One of my UConn roomies came from Canterbury CT. We went to a wooded area near his place one day and he warned me away from a stone boundary wall. He said his swamp Yankee neighbor would blow my head off. I don’t think he was kidding and this Hartford kid wasn’t about to find out.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Should be in nice shape fun layout take a ride. Just make the call to be sure they don’t have huge aeration holes you will be fine! As mentioned above good restaurant as well.
Not sure I’m playing there Thurs looks nice but I don’t know yet if my friend from
South shore Boston can play. We often meet at either Meadowbrook or Beaver River in RI or CT National but I’d like to try a place I haven’t played. Lake of Isles is getting beyond my driving distance, at least from the whites. Old age is ok if you aren’t old.

Reaction Score
River ridge is nowhere close to those courses but I’m sure would be fun nonetheless. I haven’t gotten out in probably 2 months already at this point…. That’s what youth sports will do.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
River ridge is nowhere close to those courses but I’m sure would be fun nonetheless. I haven’t gotten out in probably 2 months already at this point…. That’s what youth sports will do.
I’m on the grand kid circuit occasionally. Haven’t played in over 2 months for various reasons and my,more local golf friends can’t play Thursday. Might be the last decent golf day around here for a while.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Funny you say that. Have you ever played Connecticut National near Putnam? I sort of knew how to get there from the New Haven area. But second time there 5-6 years ago I decided to use WAZE. it got me off 395 a few exits earlier than expected. I literally wound up for at least 3 miles on a dirt road. There were some houses on it which I imagined one must be Carl Spackler’s place and I definitely heard Dueling Banjos. It was actually a proper route and as it turned out, the dirt road became paved about 100 yards before the golf course driveway.

One of my UConn roomies came from Canterbury CT. We went to a wooded area near his place one day and he warned me away from a stone boundary wall. He said his swamp Yankee neighbor would blow my head off. I don’t think he was kidding and this Hartford kid wasn’t about to find out.
carl lives on millions of square feet of dirt, just a quick drive from the saks fifth joint. he used to own the golf course in Woodstock. too bad u don't read the garden thread here, cuz iffn u did, u'd know that there'll be plenty of days between now and late january when u'll be able to get out and hit the links in southern New England.

luv it when some girl in cutoffs and timberlands shows out on the course, and breaks 80. they always seem to hit it straight down the middle. dudes with the latest 'rangefinder' gizmo be like 'wait, whut?'
pro tip: don't get ur bike hung up in a tree cuz sum folks will look at u kinda funny. sum folks, not all folks.

Reaction Score
River ridge is enjoyable and score able. Heard the restaurant is very good but can’t vouch for that

Reaction Score
Played there once many years ago. To be honest I can only remember one hole, a down hill par 3. Behind the green the land drops off steeply down to the river. I remember because a friend broke his ankle coming down the steep hill to the green. In fact I had completely forgotten about the course until I read this thread. I thought I could remember every course I played. Not this one.

Reaction Score

Putnam’s a cool town and most of us don’t live on dirt roads…and i love playing Connecticut National!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom