OT: anyone get a pet during this? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: anyone get a pet during this?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
20200321_214139.jpg
We adopted our dog on March 7, just prior to the stay at home guidance. We had been planning the rescue for months, so it was not due to the virus spread.

It's been on the news lately. It's great that pets are being adopted, but they are concerned about abandonments after things return to some semblance of normal.

Reaction Score
I volunteer at an animal shelter. Although I am overjoyed that the shelters are emptying out, I am also concerned that some of these adoptions are a knee jerk reaction and do not consider the long term commitment needed for a pet.

That being said, it made my morning seeing all the happy pet faces!

Reaction Score
Handsome dog. Our daughter got a black lab last year and thank goodness they did. His name is Bo and with on line learning Bo is now known as the phys ed teacher!! Black labs will do anything for food, especially bacon!!
I have two chocolate labs. My boy dog is named Beau. His nickname is Bobo. His sister is Piper. He weighs over 100 lbs. He jumps on the TABLE but won’t jump in the car or in the tub for a bath. I don’t understand him at all.
They will do anything for food. Except eat kibble.

Reaction Score
I bought my red Golden Retriever about 2 years ago and she came with the name Petunia. Isn’t that just a terrible name? Personally, I don’t think three syllable names work for a dog. I had to rename her something else.

But Ruby is fired up about having us around all the time for sure.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I was told of a facebook Corona meme, where the dog is "saying," "Really, another walk? Can't you find something on Netflix?" I'm not on facebook, but I though it was pretty funny...and apropos, considering how many walks we take/day during the shutdown.

Reaction Score
Vuce nice job bringing Springer home to the neighborhood. He's a beauty and also a lucky pup but you're going to be as happy as he. Timing is wonderful, where did you reduce him from? I promise if I happen to be plodding through the area not to stop and get within 6 feet despite wanting to say hi to him LOL. Enjoy
My daughter has been asking for a dog for a few years. My son started on it too. So, we went through a program sponsored by PetSmart stores. We saw a pic of the little guy and put in an adoption application. They picked us out of over 100 others. We were supposed to pick him up in RI at a PetSmart store. Well, they suspended all adoptions due to COVID. The shelter contacted families directly. Come to find out the shelter is in Alabama and adopts to families in New England. We drove to PA to meet the folks from the shelter along with 5 others families who were picking up their pups. The shelter was running out of food for the many dogs because they were only allowed to get so much at the local stores. We brought some and donated it when we got Springer. Some of out friends just got a dog from the same place and are picking him up in Hartford. Good times!

Reaction Score
I have two chocolate labs. My boy dog is named Beau. His nickname is Bobo. His sister is Piper. He weighs over 100 lbs. He jumps on the TABLE but won’t jump in the car or in the tub for a bath. I don’t understand him at all.
They will do anything for food. Except eat kibble.
I've got a boykin spaniel named Bodhi (I'm a big fan of Point Break... original of course) and my older son (1-1/2) can't say bodhi so calls him Bobo

Reaction Score
My daughter has been asking for a dog for a few years. My son started on it too. So, we went through a program sponsored by PetSmart stores. We saw a pic of the little guy and put in an adoption application. They picked us out of over 100 others. We were supposed to pick him up in RI at a PetSmart store. Well, they suspended all adoptions due to COVID. The shelter contacted families directly. Come to find out the shelter is in Alabama and adopts to families in New England. We drove to PA to meet the folks from the shelter along with 5 others families who were picking up their pups. The shelter was running out of food for the many dogs because they were only allowed to get so much at the local stores. We brought some and donated it when we got Springer. Some of out friends just got a dog from the same place and are picking him up in Hartford. Good times!

Great story and well done by all of you.

Reaction Score
I was told of a facebook Corona meme, where the dog is "saying," "Really, another walk? Can't you find something on Netflix?" I'm not on facebook, but I though it was pretty funny...and apropos, considering how many walks we take/day during the shutdown.

Attachments

• F4340C70-85A1-404E-A89D-FFC2A6C796E9.jpeg
    F4340C70-85A1-404E-A89D-FFC2A6C796E9.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 133
Reaction Score
Always wanted to name my dog Kemba, but when we finally adopted our first dog he was 8 years old and already came with a name (Guapo) so we didn't want to change it. If we ever get a puppy it will be named Kemba. If we get a second puppy the other will be named Bazz.

Excellent.

Reaction Score
Lovely stuff all around to all of you! I think I saw a fostering need/opportunity around here in South Florida. I'd get a dog but I need a bigger place. Plus, I'd wanna play with the guy all day!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Well I already have two dogs, but we did buy a goldfish during these trying times.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We seem to have adopted a mouse. He's not all that much fun. His favorite game seems to be scratching at the wall from the inside at 2:30AM or thereabouts. He really seems to like it when we bang on the wall after he starts scratching. He scratches faster and louder when we do that.
We didn't name him Kemba. His name doesn't seem to get through the profanity filters here, so I'll just leave it up to your imagination.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We seem to have adopted a mouse. He's not all that much fun. His favorite game seems to be scratching at the wall from the inside at 2:30AM or thereabouts. He really seems to like it when we bang on the wall after he starts scratching. He scratches faster and louder when we do that.
We didn't name him Kemba. His name doesn't seem to get through the profanity filters here, so I'll just leave it up to your imagination.

We had woodpeckers drill a couple of holes in our cedar siding and have their nest in one wall while a family of other small birds has nested in the attic. We'll wait another few weeks till any eggs hatch. With my current knee issues, can't get on a ladder or crawl upstairs, so we've decided to be munificent for now. Haven't officially named them, although they have an unofficial moniker of "little effer's".

Reaction Score
We got a puppy a couple weeks before this whole thing, its worked out great that we’ve had so much time to spend with him. Of course I convinced my wife to name him Kemba :)

My pup is named Kemba too. He’s just over two years old now. Great time for you and your family to adopt.
975448A1-4A31-45CD-9F14-AB6CDDD21045.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom