OT - anyone else rooting for Cuse on Friday? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - anyone else rooting for Cuse on Friday?

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? This is like picking between Stalin or Hitler...

But if I have to pick - there is NOT a snowball's chance in hell that I would ever cheer for Syra... Syra... helped cook our goose when Louisville was added to the ACC. They worked the back channels to hurt our chances even though they couldn't vote. Granted, we also helped cook our own goose regarding the ACC, but Syra... did what it could to hurt us after they were already in.

In addition, I've known enough people from Syra... over the years and they are jealous of our success both on the court (less so lately...) and our superior academic rankings. Syra... is an over-priced, second rate private school; located in a city that makes Hartford look like Paris. They are jealous of any public university that (a) is a better school and (b) costs less than half to attend. We fit that definition.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cuse has accomplished nothing, their fans are insufferable, the dome is dump, the stupid t-shirts, the nosepicker, I can go on and on, the program has literally zero redeeming qualities. F them.

Don't forget Devendorf. Bears mentioning.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I dislike both, but for completely different reasons. I hate 'cuse from our years of battles in the Big East and the intense rivalry that went with it. And when they get caught doing stuff, just like us they get punished. Puke on the other hand is a personal hatred based on them getting a pass every time they cheat (Maggette & Lance Thomas to name a couple) and now the sham I'm hearing with Nike apparently paying Bagley's family big bucks as the head of an AAU team. I can't root for cheaters who prosper.
Nose Picker > Rate Face.

But you have to give the Rat K benefit of the doubt in that he has everyone do the dirty work for him so his hands are clean.
There is no doubt that his program does covert stuff to get the kids away from the squid and admitted to Duke
To me - he has sunk to the bowels by taking all these one and done - if he is such the God of coaching - lets see him take only 3* and 4* and win with them.
As far as Cuse the same as UConn???? When it comes to cheating, etc. UConn couldn't hold a candle to the Picker and Cuse but as far as NCAA is concerned, UConn is the poster child of NCA no no's

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
SORRY but August West already has copy rights on that statement - you have to find another team for Cuse to play
I was gonna say the Taliban but flipped to them. Sooooooo, the Taliban it is!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Two words:

Stadium
Collapse

Anything else isn't satisfactory.
Remember when there was a tornado that almost ripped the roof off the Georgia Dome during the SEC tournament? Something like that...but worse

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I would root for isis before duke.

No question K is dirty.

The #12 recruit for 100k from Louisville but K can pull the top 3 recruits cleanly?

Come on...

Reaction Score
I almost always root for Cuse when we aren't involved. I think it's cute that they keep barely making the tourney and then making a deep run because they play zone and college kids suck at offense.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tough to imagine, I know. But put the rivalry stuff to the side for a second and tell me you want the school that has signed the top three players in next years class to beat the team that had to play a walk-on down the stretch against Michigan State.

I don’t care if K is dirty or clean and I don’t care if he’s a good guy or a bad guy. I’ll pass on watching the guy who used team USA as his farm system win another title with players ESPN recruits for him.

And most importantly they’re a way bigger threat to win the title.

Hate both Cuse and Duke. As a Kansas fan, this is a no brainer, I want Duke out of the bracket. I definitely don’t won’t either of them to win a game after this.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I like my Syracuse alum cousins more than my Duke cousin. I like my Syracuse alum friends much more than an annoying FB friend Duke fan. I do have a dear daughter-like Dukie in my life, but she gets polite deference for having an admirable immigrant back story and being so wonderful and simply rooting in a low keel way for her alma mater. I still hate Christian Laetener.

That said, Duke played very well in beating Rhode Island, and I agree with the case against Cuse everywhere in this thread.

Plus, I can root against Duke in the next round.

It's not a close decision, though I don't think the word "root" applies.

Reaction Score
NO....Still think there is NO way Boeheim is a Hall of Fame coach. He has had the Dome seating many in an area of little competition recruiting for him. That and the you won't have to work hard on defense playing a 2/3 zone. He has won a lot of games, I get it but I just can't see what makes him special enough to be in the hall...
Could care less who they are playing. As for Duke, kudos to them as they allowed us to "shock the world". :D

Reaction Score
If Cuse hadn't just made a run recently I'd root for them. But they did, and continued success cannot be tolerated. Plus if Duke wins, what are they going to get even better players? No lose scenario for us if Duke wins.
Have you seen their class for next year? I dont think it can get any better than that

Reaction Score
I’ve averaged less than 1 post a year since this board was McDs Husky Hoops but had to step in here. Can not believe anyone here can root for cuse under any circumstance.

I hate Duke because I’m a college hoops fan.
I hate Cuse because I love UConn.

F Cuse in all ways possible.

And btw, the correct analogy is I’d root for the hitler youth over Cuse.

Come to think of it, thats pretty much what I’m doing on Friday.

Reaction Score
I really hate Duke. The gap between my preference between UConn and Duke is smaller than the gap between my preference for Duke versus Cuse.

This all day long. And you guys are spelling Dook wrong

Reaction Score
I mean K is a ratface and they have the most punchable player in college hoops every year no matter what the year, but still......

Syracuse. The.Worst. Ever.

Lets flip the script for a second.

Do you think that if UConn played North Carlolina that Duke fans would ever even entertain the notion of rooting for North Carolina over UConn? Not one single Duke fan would do that and they would laugh at you for even thinking it.
So why would any UConn fan root for the worst program in basketball history just because they are playing Duke? makes no sense.

Cuse and their lone national title are irrelevant.. I don't want Dook to get one more title ahead of UConn and I want them to stay behind UNC

Reaction Score
Duke fans dont throw shade our way. They dont even think about us.
Cuse fans are obsessed with us.

UConn fans have to get over this Duke inferiority complex. We ate their lunch when it counted. Twice. They have never been, and never will be an actual rival. It smacks of little man syndrome. We should be better than that.

Cuse can lick my taint.

The fact that Duke fans don't care about us is exactly why we should hate them. They're the family that lives in a gated community and won't let non-members use the club tennis court and has a garage for all six of their vehicles. They think we're beneath them and they thought that way long before the conference realignment God's arranged for Syracuse's wet dream.

Syracuse fans are insecure and jealous and petty. At this point it's actually kind of charming. And it will continue to be that way, detestable as they may be, until they can account for more than a quarter of our trophy collection. Follow your own logic. You're the best troll in the business. Rooting against Syracuse in this match-up means their trolls are winning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom