OT: Anyone at Aqua Turf Right Now? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Anyone at Aqua Turf Right Now?

Reaction Score
Just back from Star Wars with my kids ( college age) .. good Lord is it bad when your remember seeing the first like it was yesterday... you're officially when you dread a New Year...I need a drink

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Wife sick, son sick but getting better - daughter crabby- reading accounts of uprising in Iran. And now on the Boneyard. Happy New Year everyone.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Colchester here. I've enjoyed good times in your town (Maple Fest, etc.) and his (Sears Park, Rossini's, etc.). Eastern Connecticut, represent!

EDIT: originally from East Hartford

Nice! Grew up off of Old Colchester Rd in Amston section of Hebron. Rode my bike to Harry’s as a kid

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I shoot pool out of Shooters in Southington every week. Small world...

That was an old school arcade when I was younger. I grew up like 2 miles away and used to waste my paper route money there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Everyone in this house is sick.

The in-laws had colds when they visited for Christmas and it has swept through us like settlers bringing small pox to the natives.

Our world has been reduced to tissue and Sudafed runs to Walgreens. The wife fell asleep on the couch about six hours ago. She sat up an hour ago, looked right at my daughter and I and kept asking where my daughter’s mother was. Since she actually is my daughter’s mother, we’re concerned that the fever has taken her, but neither of us have the energy to help. We’ve had to leave her on Everest.

So, I’ve been laying here watching dog rescue videos on YouTube with my daughter. Occasionally, there is a cat rescue, but those are not as uplifting as the cats don’t seem to give a crap either way.

Somehow I also entered a bet with her that I can eat nothing but bowls of Cheerios for an entire week starting Tuesday. I don’t know what I win if I’m successful. Clearly a case of Sudafed muscles.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
That was an old school arcade when I was younger. I grew up like 2 miles away and used to waste my paper route money there.

The arcade games are still there but I've never seen anyone play one. I thought they were just props to get people to play pool and get a Bud Light...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

The in-laws had colds when they visited for Christmas and it has swept through us like settlers bringing small pox to the natives.

Our world has been reduced to tissue and Sudafed runs to Walgreens. The wife fell asleep on the couch about six hours ago. She sat up an hour ago, looked right at my daughter and I and kept asking where my daughter’s mother was. Since’s she actually is my daughter’s mother, we’re concerned that the fever has taken her, but neither of us have the energy to help. We’ve had to leave her on Everest.

So, I’ve been laying here watching dog rescue videos on YouTube with my daughter. Occasionally, there is a cat rescue, but those are not as uplifting as the cats don’t seem to give a crap either way.

Somehow I also entered a bet with her that I can eat nothing but bowls of Cheerios for an entire week starting Tuesday. I don’t know what I win if I’m successful. Clearly a case of Sudafed muscles.

You just made me feel way better about my 2 hours of Pokemon...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The arcade games are still there but I've never seen anyone play one. I thought they were just props to get people to play pool and get a Bud Light...

Oh no - a real arcade. The kind that only existed from 1981 to 1988.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Our world has been reduced to tissue and Sudafed runs to Walgreens. The wife fell asleep on the couch about six hours ago. She sat up an hour ago, looked right at my daughter and I and kept asking where my daughter’s mother was. Since she actually is my daughter’s mother, we’re concerned that the fever has taken her, but neither of us have the energy to help. We’ve had to leave her on Everest.

First day off the cold meds. Only one in the house to get it, however, as I keep my distance from the rest of the family.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Happy New Year's you filthy animals.

My night consistent going to my sisters playing cards, watching the ball fall and coming home to the Boneyard and Big Bang Theory. Wildman, I tell you, more like a mild man. Dang getting old sucks.

Reaction Score
Happy New Year to the 'Yard. Spent last night with half of the tailgate crew. The Mrs. found the New Year's Eve bargain, the 7 p.m. dinner sitting at Hawk's Landing Country Club. Shared appetizer, soup, entrée, bottle of wine, shared dessert: $ 70.00 per couple. Afterward we went to one couple's home for cocktails (they live practically across the street from the golf course), table games, & to watch the ball drop on television. Only down side of the evening was seeing Maria Menounos get married in Times Square with Steve Harvey as the Parson before switching over to the "Dick Clark" soiree.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Whaler I dread those days. My kids are still in the animated Nick Jr/Disney Jr stage but when I see commercials for terrible real life character shows I shiver for when that day comes. I’ve already told my daughter that Barbie is “broken” and won’t play on Netflix yet my in laws showed them it works.....I finally had to just say I’m not watching that! Lol!

New Years is so different with kids. We had all our friends who have kids come over and they all ran around while the adults had dinner and drank. We then tossed on a movie for the kids in the tv room and played Cards Against Humanity in the dining room. Been doing this for about 5 years now and it’s funny, last night my wife and friend were talking about when they were in labor, etc and I just stopped and asked, “Can you ever predict that this would be our topic of conversation at New Years 6 years ago?”

Happy New Years all! Hope you all had a safe time!

Reaction Score
I shoot pool out of Shooters in Southington every week. Small world...

Love their wings. I know they are probably not considered good wings if you live in the area, but I struggle to find good wing places where I live.

We got hit just before Christmas, my daughters first, then me, then my wide. Started in the stomach and finished in the head.

I normally secumb easily and am sick the longest, but this time around I bounced back in a few days - kids and wife still have a bad head cold after more than a week.

So far I win the cold season!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are too good for him, Yams! There’s still time to rekindle the relationship with @JMick
Would that mean that JMick would have less time for the BY? Okay count me in. Let's get those two kids together!

Reaction Score
H
ucyamsmd laid down the hammer and made me go out to this thing here tonight. Any yarders here? Also JMick where are you when I need you—you need to come in for me in relief for the events I don’t want to go to!

Happy new year, yard
Happy New Years, Boneyarders... Keep warm... It's cold here! It is 54 and dropping...

Reaction Score
Colchester here. I've enjoyed good times in your town (Maple Fest, etc.) and his (Sears Park, Rossini's, etc.). Eastern Connecticut, represent!

EDIT: originally from East Hartford

My hometown... East Hartford, here...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom