OT: All Hands On Deck !! - - Navy Quiz #2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: All Hands On Deck !! - - Navy Quiz #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
- Dr D: thanks for setting up this Quiz – the discussions this kicked off were fun, and I learned plenty.
-For me, the best were the comments this sparked about the universal esteem Corpsmen have earned and continue to earn, in the finest Navy tradition. While every Marine who has served with them knows it – having the opportunity to share it once again is always appreciated – particularly with you guys the week of Veterans Day.

jpg-bzsignalflags.jpg

BRAVO ZULU to all Navy Corpsmen everywhere. True Professionals!

Reaction Score
17. Also aircraft carriers. While the majority of the navy would refer to them as ships, they are universally referred to as “boats” by the air wing; for example, when a wing moves aboard the carrier, that’s known as “going for a float on the boat”. While they’re the largest ships in the world (give or take a supertanker or two) they are still incredibly small if you have to land on them.
(Two years in Navy Air before moving over to the other “boats” in the submarine force for another ten years)

DrDos

Skimmer
Reaction Score
17. Also aircraft carriers. While the majority of the navy would refer to them as ships, they are universally referred to as “boats” by the air wing; for example, when a wing moves aboard the carrier, that’s known as “going for a float on the boat”. While they’re the largest ships in the world (give or take a supertanker or two) they are still incredibly small if you have to land on them.
(Two years in Navy Air before moving over to the other “boats” in the submarine force for another ten years)

► Didn't know that! While plane guarding, my destroyer would spend weeks alongside or behind the birdfarms. I never got tired of watching
flight ops, especially take-offs and landings at night. Thought the Vigilante was the most beautiful jet ever! Did you know that the "experts"
figured out that if you drew an extra tail on it ... Voila! you have an exact copy of the Mig-25 Foxbat! The Russians coped it! It was way ahead of its time. (heads-up display etc.) It was the fastest plane around. (We didn't know about the SR-71) I'm told that the A-5 was a hanger queen though.

( A-5) VIGILANTE
Brad_Jones_11-A-5-VigilanteAircraft.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member