OT: Alex Trebek | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Alex Trebek

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No matter how you look at it. Cancer is terrible and takes away too many loved ones young and old. Lost my Dad to it 15 years ago, two of my aunts and a number of friends. I am only 55 and have seen and been to way too many funerals in the last two or three years of people my age or younger.

I pray for all of you going through cancer in family members. May God give healing to all of your loved ones

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They just said on the news that he started hosting it in 1984.
That’s wrong. I remember Jeopardy with Trebek back during college

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Thanks. I didn’t think your father’s death was recent but it’s still brutal to hear the circumstances and I empathize because my mother died of leukemia when I was three. People still tell me they are sorry when they hear it for the first time, so I guess I’ve been conditioned that there is no statute of limitations for sympathies.

I know you aren't supposed to make jokes about these things, but I would hit 'em with "Thank you so much I remember it like it was yesterday". But that's just me.

My mom passed via cancer too so don't hate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My mother received the same diagnosis earlier this year. I've already buried a child, a brother, and soon a parent. Such is the circle of life I suppose.

joober stay strong, knew of your brother but you've been dealt a very unfair hand my friend. Sorry but prayers to you and others close that it's over for a long time.

Last edited:

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Thanks to all the kind words. Also, deepest condolences Tzznandrew, Sledog, Whaler, and anyone else on here who has lost a loved one to cancer for your losses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom