OT: Alabama 7 ND 0. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Alabama 7 ND 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My favorite quote from the game: "People are parachuting into the stadium right now. That's how bad the traffic is."

Good thing for his sake Te'o didn't win the Heisman. Saved him a heap of embarrassment.

It's too bad the game had to actually be played. ND would have done much better if pre-game publicity and fan commentary were to decide the outcome.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ND could have done much better publicity wise if they ended up blocked out of the game by BCS rankings and being able to complain they were excluded instead of the embarrassment of an old fashioned beat down.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good thing for his sake Te'o didn't win the Heisman. Saved him a heap of embarrassment.
The oddest thing that I saw was Te'o wearing #5 and ND's QB also wearing #5. I didn't realize they could do that.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
They had a few players that do that. Theo Riddick wears #6 as does another player on defense. I was quite miffed by the names on the jerseys.

Reaction Score
The oddest thing that I saw was Te'o wearing #5 and ND's QB also wearing #5. I didn't realize they could do that.
You mean it was the QB that was missing all those tackles?:rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They had a few players that do that. Theo Riddick wears #6 as does another player on defense. I was quite miffed by the names on the jerseys.
I just never realized that was legal.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
ND played, by far the poorest game of the season. Give a lot of that credit to Alabama smacking them in the mouth early on. The poor call on the muffed punt, the incomplete call on Eiffert's catch didn't help when trying to right the ship early on.

Oregon would have gotten smashed just the same. They are fast, really fast. But Alabama is equally fast, but bigger and stronger. Give Saban a month to prepare for any game and he has a very good track record of winning that game. Until schools like ND, Oregon, USC start playing a big time SEC school during the regular season, their players will be at a disadvantage come bowl time - there is just no comparison. Had Ohio State been bowl eligible, we're not even having this discussion as it is ND and OSU in the finals- which is why I agree that a playoff is needed as they were clearly not the two best teams, but they may have been two of the best four.

As far as Golic goes, I really thought his son was the poorest of all of the ND starting O-Line, and it wasn't even close.

I guarantee you Oregon would not have gotten smashed. Their D is too fat and slow to keep up with our offense. It would have been a shootout. Alabama is no where near as fast as Oregon. And it's impossible to play SEC schools in the first 3 games because they refuse to do home-and-homes with us and only want us to go to them, which just shows they are scared. How many times has Saban said this year that the no huddle offense is "bad for the game"? He's scared to play us because he knows he'll lose. Look at what Texas A&M did to them. It'd be two fold that with Oregon.

And had Ohio State not been on sanctions, it would have been a travesty to see them in the championship game. That was the worst undefeated season I've ever seen. I cannot wait until the play-offs start so this mess will be settled.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And had Ohio State not been on sanctions, it would have been a travesty to see them in the championship game. That was the worst undefeated season I've ever seen. I cannot wait until the play-offs start so this mess will be settled.

There is no guarantee that Ohio State would have been in the championship game even if they were eligible. At the end of the season, I heard a few times that OSU wouldnt have been higher than either ND or Bama in the standings... their schedule was pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom