OT: Adult sports leagues in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Adult sports leagues in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm looking mainly for adult soccer or basketball leagues, but I guess I could try softball - especially if it's a beer league. Few things...
1) I'm 24 so I have not yet qualified for 30-40+ only leagues.
2) Hoping for something not extremely expensive. The indoor facility near me costs $100 for 8 games in soccer or basketball plus a $35 membership which basically doesn't include anything with it.
3) Live in Stratford so looking for a 30-40 minute commute max.
Assuming this is gonna be a long shot but I'll take any suggestions.

Reaction Score
It's not a real sport, but kickball in New Haven is pretty fun and involves a great amount of drinking and flirting with co-eds if you're into that sort of thing.

League is full but if you talked to the customer rep, you might be able to sneak in.

Reaction Score
I'm looking mainly for adult soccer or basketball leagues, but I guess I could try softball - especially if it's a beer league. Few things...
2) Hoping for something not extremely expensive. The indoor facility near me costs $100 for 8 games in soccer or basketball plus a $35 membership which basically doesn't include anything with it.

I'd love to do an adult basketball or soccer league for exercise and fun - my issue is I'm collasally out of shape so I have no idea if any team would even want me right now. I'd prefer the Meriden/Waterbury area.

Reaction Score
Insports in Trumbull always has leagues going for both. Im not sure what they run over the summer months, but winter always has stuff going on.

Reaction Score
Not a league but there are weekly open gym sessions in Trumbull that are free at Booth Hill, Madison, Hillcrest, etc.

Reaction Score

The indoor league I play in only costs $65 for 8 games, plus $5 for your player card. And a post season tourney. :)

Reaction Score
is oakwood in hamden/glastonbury still open? I used to play there back in the day, and at a place (forget the name, we just called it the bubble) in northford, and I know my uncle plays in a mens league there now...might be kind of far from stratford though.

Reaction Score
I'd love to do an adult basketball or soccer league for exercise and fun - my issue is I'm collasally out of shape so I have no idea if any team would even want me right now. I'd prefer the Meriden/Waterbury area.

Meriden has a city league with 2 or 3 divisions, or at least they did I can find out.

Reaction Score

Is that the place next to Town Fair tire and near Two Roads Brewery? I live in Stratford and that is the place I was gonna recommend.

Reaction Score
Is that the place next to Town Fair tire and near Two Roads Brewery? I live in Stratford and that is the place I was gonna recommend.
No actually I was talking about InSports, formally sportszone, in Trumbull. I might have to check this place out. What's the place called? I'm new to Stratford btw.

Reaction Score
I was going to suggest that if only because he's 24 and the number of coeds in kickball is pretty high. Plus, beer.

One of my friends is a co-founder of WAKA - quit a pretty good gig at AOL back in the day to start a kickball league. Ballsy move, but it paid off in a big way.

Yea plus they organize a ton of sports, not just kickball. Soccer, volleyball, bowling, dodge ball. All the ball sports.

Reaction Score

Chelsea Piers in Stamford

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Leave CT come to Boston, leagues everywhere.

Reaction Score
No actually I was talking about InSports, formally sportszone, in Trumbull. I might have to check this place out. What's the place called? I'm new to Stratford btw.

Goooal Sports. I don't know if they have adult leagues but they are an indoor soccer facility. I know they rent the place out so maybe they could have adult leagues.

Reaction Score
Leave CT come to Boston, leagues everywhere.

this, if u can do it....one thing i regret about my 20s is waiting so long to move to a big city from CT. Everyone is in a different position in life but u'll meet so many different people from all over the place with tons of stuff going on, its worth it.

Reaction Score
I used to work in Stamford, the traffic makes it usually an hour commute each way minimum.

Yeah It's awful. I propose for every new licensee issued, one must be taken away. Top 3 worst traffic in the country. So annoying and makes it really difficult to get to Hartford/storrs area for a weekday game. I'd imagine its why many in fairfield county could care less about Uconn athletics because ppl were never really exposed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom