OT: A reason pro football is losing fans | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: A reason pro football is losing fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
They need to shorten commercials and commercial breaks. I usually start watching sporting events live, then pause the game, go take a bathroom break, grab a snack, do a chore etc to get myself 30 minutes or so behind and then skip commercials to catch up. Repeat for the second half. I would not FF through 30 seconds of commercials but 2 minutes is a no brainer.

Reaction Score
And get rid of players who are more interested in showmanship that showing good character. Cincinnati Bengals, we are taking about you Pack Man.

Reaction Score
I actually do DVr most games because of all the extra BS, but when I want to watch my Giants I like to see it live. i might rethink this after what I saw on sunday. I wouldn't mind if they threw that V I poo commercial on though.

Reaction Score
"How dare these people you've never met actually consider their own quality of life and personal safety. The gall of it! I'd much rather these guys be blowing their brains out at 55 with no knees like guys from the 70's and 80's."
Actually I know a few retired ones. They get paid to play a violent game and it's their choice. As for me, I'm over 50. I can't lift my left arm fully over my head from repeated shoulder seprarations. I can't jump and down without a sharp pain in my head from a c-2 vertebrae fracture in college. I've also had at least a half dozen concussions that I know impact me. I never was paid a cent and if I could go back and do it again, I'd do it in a second. I'll bet you most who played on this board would do the same because we love the game.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't feel a connection to pro sports. I live down the street from Gillette Stadium and have season tickets for the Pats and I go to very few games. In fact, I would stop paying the $200 per seat per game (no kidding) except my kids like to go. I like UCONN sports because I feel connected to UCONN. I'm proud to have been raised in CT and served in the CT Army National Guard. The Pats will welcome me as long as I have room on my (UCONN) Visa.

I agree. I've rooted for the Patriots (41 years) and Cubs (50 years) for a long time, but I don't have the same passion for them that I have for UConn.

Reaction Score
The rule changes are very inconsistent , whats a catch vs whats not a catch, penalties, celebration penalties I think it just makes the refs job harder then it should be which has an impact on the game, the NHL has it right with (and thats with 4 times as many games) some one from upstairs makes the calls on replay and boom done its play on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom