OT: A BRIEF WIMBLEDON UPDATE | The Boneyard

OT: A BRIEF WIMBLEDON UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Federer, 3rd ranked going in, beat #1 Novak in 4 sets. Then Murray did the same to Tsonga. This will be Andy's first Major final.

Meanwhile, Venus & Serena made the doubles finals in 3 sets.

Serena will play at 9am our time, then Serena rests while the men play doubles. She and Venus play the final after that.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Slight edit: this is Murray's first Wimby final. He's been to three other finals at majors (2008 US Open, 2010 and 2011 Aussie).

Radwanska's cold/respiratory infection was bad enough for her to default in doubles. Obviously, she's giving it the old college try for the ladies singles final, but she was already an underdog. Now she's beyond prohibitively so. If Serena doesn't take home her fifth Wimbledon title tomorrow, she will regret it more than any loss in her career, I bet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Slight edit: this is Murray's first Wimby final. He's been to three other finals at majors (2008 US Open, 2010 and 2011 Aussie).

Radwanska's cold/respiratory infection was bad enough for her to default in doubles. Obviously, she's giving it the old college try for the ladies singles final, but she was already an underdog. Now she's beyond prohibitively so. If Serena doesn't take home her fifth Wimbledon title tomorrow, she will regret it more than any loss in her career, I bet.
i tend to agree. I'd not be surprised to see it go 6-2, 6-1... i hope they take care of it in doubles. i have to say i like Venus much more than Serena - Venus at least seems humble and capable of complimenting an opponent.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
i tend to agree. I'd not be surprised to see it go 6-2, 6-1... i hope they take care of it in doubles. i have to say i like Venus much more than Serena - Venus at least seems humble and capable of complimenting an opponent.

Possibly an outcome of one as the designated older, caretaking sister and the other as the baby in the family.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yep, Serena's always been the petulant baby of the family. And her father also (correctly) predicted she'd be the better tennis player.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Yep, Serena's always been the petulant baby of the family. And her father also (correctly) predicted she'd be the better tennis player.

And MEANER, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc