OT: 50th BDay | The Boneyard

OT: 50th BDay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok just had to bring this up and see if anyone else went through this stress. I have put together huge golf outings which take months and phone calls, helpers etc etc and never anything like a 1 month project of putting my wife 50th SURPRISE BDay party. Stressing as we speak as she gets ready. I have a ton of he HS friends and new friends, family and co-workers coming and it's still a surprise. Right until we walk into that door I will be a mess, I 've been telling people where to park at the golf course so the recognizable cars are out of the way. My pro sent out a fake invite for our Year End Party but the real one isn't for 2 weeks LOL She really thinks I am having an affair or something because I've had to hide the phone due to so many of her friends and stuff calling and texting. They are there with the decorations now and the DJ is ready to hammer out "Another One Bites The Dust" when I text we're coming in!

Just had to rant - stress for a guy ya know! Can't wait for my first beer in all reality;)

Reaction Score
Might I suggest you tell her that you are planning something small at the house (few friends), but she is to act like she is surprised. Make the date different than the real date (but later of course). When you go to the real one act like you are taking her out to eat (or something similar).

Therefore she won't be nosy or suspicious allowing you freedom to plan the real big one. Diversion is the key, as secrecy is so hard to pull off, and as you know very stressful.

Trust me this works and she won't bother you.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
mau...if she has no idea this is for her 50th then you pulled off a miracle!

I found out through Brian and will see you later!

Reaction Score
Ummmm...does your wife really want to celebrate her 50th??? Just wondering.
mau...if she has no idea this is for her 50th then you pulled off a miracle!

I found out through Brian and will see you later!

My invite must have gotten lost in the mail.

Reaction Score
Ok just had to bring this up and see if anyone else went through this stress. I have put together huge golf outings which take months and phone calls, helpers etc etc and never anything like a 1 month project of putting my wife 50th SURPRISE BDay party. Stressing as we speak as she gets ready. I have a ton of he HS friends and new friends, family and co-workers coming and it's still a surprise. Right until we walk into that door I will be a mess, I 've been telling people where to park at the golf course so the recognizable cars are out of the way. My pro sent out a fake invite for our Year End Party but the real one isn't for 2 weeks LOL She really thinks I am having an affair or something because I've had to hide the phone due to so many of her friends and stuff calling and texting. They are there with the decorations now and the DJ is ready to hammer out "Another One Bites The Dust" when I text we're coming in!

Just had to rant - stress for a guy ya know! Can't wait for my first beer in all reality;)
Mau, if you tell her you are having an affair with Brimah she will never believe you and you'll be in good shape! Happy Birthday to Mrs. Mau and continued luck pulling off the miracle. Enjoy!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Little late for you, but for others thinking about doing this or actually having an affair, you can pick up a throw away cell phone with a couple hundred minutes at 7-11 for about $25.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Little late for you, but for others thinking about doing this or actually having an affair, you can pick up a throw away cell phone with a couple hundred minutes at 7-11 for about $25.

So how did you come by this knowledge?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

What a guy. Hope it went well and happy birthday to your wife.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Lester Freaman is still in therapy after listening in on jleves' late night chats.
The%20Wire%20pic%205.jpg

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
jleves said:

Ah, the good ole burner

Reaction Score
Bingo - surprise it was. Success last night amazing that 60 some odd people didnt let the cat out of the bag.

And from someone who knows not from an affair but the threatening "symptoms" of one :eek:, get a burner!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom