OT: 4-6 week delay for Yard Goats Stadium | The Boneyard

OT: 4-6 week delay for Yard Goats Stadium

Reaction Score
But they already have a new team coming in so probably not.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Hey Mayor Segarra...how do you like your Rock cats now?"

559dd5cf4cc86.image.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
"Hey Mayor Segarra...how do you like your Rock cats now?"

559dd5cf4cc86.image.jpg
New Britain is not going to embrace whatever the hell that league is.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Help me out here - why is anything about this Hartford's fault? The project management company bid on the stadium. Hartford set deliverables, timeframe and specs in the RFP. A bid of $56 million was agreed upon, but now the project requires an extra $10 million to meet what Hartford outlined in the RFP? I must be missing something.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Do you really think this wasn't rushed through and half-assed all the way?
Help me out here - why is anything about this Hartford's fault? The project management company bid on the stadium. Hartford set deliverables, timeframe and specs in the RFP. A bid of $56 million was agreed upon, but now the project requires an extra $10 million to meet what Hartford outlined in the RFP? I must be missing something.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Do you really think this wasn't rushed through and half-assed all the way?
Whether or no it was rushed, the project management company knew what the deadline was. If there was a 1.7 million cost increase to stay on budget, that's palatable. The rest of the increases seem like BS.

Reaction Score
I might be the only person in MiLB here - and I can tell you the stadium plan from the get go was a complete and total joke. They wanted in Hartford ASAP, with a Stadium ASAP and Hartford wanted them ASAP. So pretty much all of the dotting of the i's, crossing of the t's weren't done. I'm not in Hartford a ton, but I was on Saturday and when I noticed the sod wasn't down I knew they were done. They don't even have 1/2 the support structure up yet. I'd say it might be as much as 2-3 months past due at this point because especially with the sod, 4-6 weeks seems awfully optimistic.

Reaction Score
Whether or no it was rushed, the project management company knew what the deadline was. If there was a 1.7 million cost increase to stay on budget, that's palatable. The rest of the increases seem like BS.
Upped electrical by 50%. Among other changes. Fubar.

Reaction Score

It's been 65 degrees all winter with no snow. You need to know sooner than right now that they're this far behind schedule in time and $$$. They're asleep at the wheel. And for this company to be 15-20% off your estimate on a 56m job??? That's a joke too. Bend over, Hartford. Here it comes.

Reaction Score
Hartford changed the stadium specifications after it accepted the bid. They added all kinds of things they didn't ask for in the bid. The city also changed the steel specifications post bid which resulted in more steel, more expensive steel and it being delivered late. (It is not known if Abe Gillis owns a steel company in heaven.)
This is ALL Hartford's fault.

And , as usual, because it was the city, this is all union, which drives up costs.

http://www.courant.com/community/ha...ium-overruns-details-0105-20160104-story.html

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They should go old school and play at Muzzy in Bristol... That place is absolutely gorgeous.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I might be the only person in MiLB here - and I can tell you the stadium plan from the get go was a complete and total joke. They wanted in Hartford ASAP, with a Stadium ASAP and Hartford wanted them ASAP. So pretty much all of the dotting of the i's, crossing of the t's weren't done. I'm not in Hartford a ton, but I was on Saturday and when I noticed the sod wasn't down I knew they were done. They don't even have 1/2 the support structure up yet. I'd say it might be as much as 2-3 months past due at this point because especially with the sod, 4-6 weeks seems awfully optimistic.
@Towney007 ...wasn't there a recent decision to eliminate a roof overhang because the budget was tight? Who made that call? City? DoNo? Cos?

Also, I would not be shocked if the Rockies pulled out of their relationship with Solomon after this season. Total joke if that happens.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
@Towney007 ...wasn't there a recent decision to eliminate a roof overhang because the budget was tight? Who made that call? City? DoNo? Cos?

Also, I would not be shocked if the Rockies pulled out of their relationship with Solomon after this season. Total joke if that happens.
That would be classic if Solomon lost the affiliation. He basically lied about having other options like Springfield.

Reaction Score
No bashing pantz but like your avatar you must think like an infant:). Anyone with a clue, TV, local news, radio of any form knew this thing would have more strings attached. Stand by for the next release of an accident waiting to happen. As the home team plays far, far away, Home Team Train Wreck Waiting To Happen...

Reaction Score
Steal the team from a neighbor who has successfully hosted it for years, stupid team name, stadium project is a mess...nice job all around.

huskypantz

Reaction Score
Hartford changed the stadium specifications after it accepted the bid. They added all kinds of things they didn't ask for in the bid. The city also changed the steel specifications post bid which resulted in more steel, more expensive steel and it being delivered late. (It is not known if Abe Gillis owns a steel company in heaven.)
This is ALL Hartford's fault.

And , as usual, because it was the city, this is all union, which drives up costs.

http://www.courant.com/community/ha...ium-overruns-details-0105-20160104-story.html
Thanks, that makes sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom