2025 Recruiting: - OT 2025 Jaylen Harrell to Announce Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: OT 2025 Jaylen Harrell to Announce Today

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I saw Bagley play us at the Hartford Civic Center. He was a terrific college player.
Did UConn ever play BCU in the HCC with Bagley on the team? I remember a game in Hew Haven. Very well in fact. Mike Adams threated to kick my buddy's ass while he was shooting free throws.

Reaction Score
Did UConn ever play BCU in the HCC with Bagley on the team? I remember a game in Hew Haven. Very well in fact. Mike Adams threated to kick my buddy's ass while he was shooting free throws.
If the Olympic Games had had a 40 meter basketball dribbling race Adams would have won Gold.

Reaction Score
Michael Adams dribbling full speed between Clyde Drexler's legs and continuing the dribble after going by him was an all time highlight

Reaction Score
I know we're after bigger fish and were never really involved with Harrell at all, but I'd honestly have taken this kid in a second. I think he's gonna be a high-level player by his sophomore season and a first-round pick by the time he's a junior.
PC is assembling a great roster with the others in this class plus what they're bringing in this year. Carter being picked in the lottery helps but Harrell's comment about English being like his big brother has to be a major plus.

Reaction Score
I saw Bagley play us at the Hartford Civic Center. He was a terrific college player.

Was it Bagley that was rumored to not be able to get into UConn academically and then chose BC?

Such a good basketball player, loved his game.

Reaction Score
Adam's was sensational (and exceptionally quick) but I think he would have finished second to (Rocket) Rod Foster in that event.
Foster was definitely the more talented of the two but as far as keeping his dribble while beating defenders down the court, Adams who was 3 or 4 inches shorter than Foster was a well deserved All Star. I don’t know, but it definitely would’ve been close in a race.

Reaction Score
Was it Bagley that was rumored to not be able to get into UConn academically and then chose BC?

Such a good basketball player, loved his game.
I don’t know, but I knew Bagley and gotta say he was not a dumb dumb, he was very well spoken and had some nice ideas about what he wanted to do out in Chicago outside of basketball.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Bagley was an excellent player. Nowell has a lot to prove in order to equate them as players. But the heights and builds are similar. Nowell is a bowling ball specimen.
Bagley was certainly overweight in college but nonetheless highly effective. Like Charles Barkley "the round mound of rebound". I don't see Nowell having anywhere need the build of Bagley. He looks like all muscle to me. He'll need that for the hammering he'll take when he drives to the hoop. With the S & C and nutrition programs in today's sports performance world those builds would have to undergo stringent changes or not even be selected by major D1 programs. It's a different world of competition today.

Reaction Score
I was at the New Haven game, but I do believe they played BC in Hartford w Bagley

Reaction Score
??? - Couldn't get into UCONN because of academic reasons but was accepted at BC?
Hmmm, most schools have a different academic admissions standard for athletes vs the broader student body. I’d be surprised if this were true.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Bagley was certainly overweight in college but nonetheless highly effective. Like Charles Barkley "the round mound of rebound". I don't see Nowell having anywhere need the build of Bagley. He looks like all muscle to me. He'll need that for the hammering he'll take when he drives to the hoop. With the S & C and nutrition programs in today's sports performance world those builds would have to undergo stringent changes or not even be selected by major D1 programs. It's a different world of competition today.
Who was the center for NCState this year. I think he is/was more overweight than Bagley. If you can play someone will find you. I have not researched but I think he did pretty well against us back then over weight or not.

Reaction Score
Who was the center for NCState this year. I think he is/was more overweight than Bagley. If you can play someone will find you. I have not researched but I think he did pretty well against us back then over weight or not.
Bagley wasn’t as overweight as he was stocky. Just a big dude.

Reaction Score
The NC State guy was named Fat Albert

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I never said he wasn't a great player in that era. He definitely was and so was Barkley. Barkley slimmed down quite a bit as a pro. The comparison was Nowell's body to Bagley and being somewhat flabby. I disagreed with that comparison; I said Nowell is way more muscular and simply said that being overweight or flabby pretty much wouldn't be tolerated in this era of S & C /Sports performance. The last comparable player who was like that whom I remember was Glen Davis who played for LSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom