OT - 2017 CT HSBB Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - 2017 CT HSBB Tournament

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 8m 8 minutes ago
Burrows has 8 Ks through three and allowed one hit. Scoreless game. No hits for Lancers so far

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 13m 13 minutes ago
Burrows strikes out side in sixth. Has 12 Ks overall.

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 4m 4 minutes ago
Burrows and Yeomans with RBI hits to give Waterford 4-0 lead in sixth

Gavin Keefe‏ @GavinKeefe 1m 1 minute ago
Waterford wins Class M title with 4-0 win over Lewis Mills. Burrows strikes out 15 and allows two hits

Reaction Score
Chad Knight was the difference in the game. While Amity ace, Max Scheps, struggled with his command, Knight pounded the strike zone. Amity was unable to hit anything solid, as Knight worked the corners of the plate and mixed his pitches very well. Staples also did a great job working into hitter's counts and were able to capitalize on those opportunities. Congrats to the Wreckers.

Reaction Score
Chad Knight was the difference in the game. While Amity ace, Max Scheps, struggled with his command, Knight pounded the strike zone. Amity was unable to hit anything solid, as Knight worked the corners of the plate and mixed his pitches very well. Staples also did a great job working into hitter's counts and were able to capitalize on those opportunities. Congrats to the Wreckers.

Where you @ game Kris? I was listening on the WWPT radio stream and swear I heard the say UConn Football commit Ryan Fitton was in the game for Staples? Haven't seen a box score yet.

(as an aside - the kid (?Cooper Boardman?) who called the game on the stream was Chris Jones quality good.

Reaction Score
Where you @ game Kris? I was listening on the WWPT radio stream and swear I heard the say UConn Football commit Ryan Fitton was in the game for Staples? Haven't seen a box score yet.
I was there @huskymedic. Fitton did not enter the game. He was up in the pen a number of times midway through the game. He was coming in if Knight got in any trouble. Give Knight after he hit the HR, he seemed to find a second wind on the mound. He was reeling the inning prior and it looked like Amity was going to get to him. He regrouped and was brilliant the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Foran and Coach Walker. The Lions needed to win a coin flip to even make the tournament and rode carried that magic all the to a Class L title....

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

That kid played in the LLWS a few years ago. They got to the US final (the semifinal of the whole tournament). I knew I recognized his face.

Reaction Score
That kid played in the LLWS a few years ago. They got to the US final (the semifinal of the whole tournament). I knew I recognized his face.
**Ten of the eleven players from that Westport LL team are on the Staples roster:
Brown (Jr)
Llamas (Jr)
Reiner (Jr)
Roof (So)

**Six of the ten were starters in the Class LL Championship:
Azadian -- LF (So)
Knight -- P (So)
Stone -- C (Jr)
Popken -- SS (Jr)
Rogers -- 2B (So)
Drbal -- CF (Jr)

**Staples will return all but two Class LL starters in 2018:
Fanning -- 1B
Casparius -- 3B

**Other starters:
Rabacs -- DH (So)
Thompson -- RF (Jr)

**Staples will be in mix for state titles in 2018 & 2019....at the least.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom