OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Celtics lost at home to a Heat team missing Dragic, Whiteside and Winslow.

Almost as bad as losing to Northeastern and Wagner.

Reaction Score
Celtics lost at home to a Heat team missing Dragic, Whiteside and Winslow.

Almost as bad as losing to Northeastern and Wagner.

Kelly Olynyk revenge game. 32 points and the game winning dunk.

Jeremy Lamb had a new career high tonight against the Raptors. Hornets still lost tho :(

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Jeremy Lamb had a new career high tonight against the Raptors. Hornets still lost tho :(

He also fell down like 12 times. I don't miss him. He'd do this twice a year for us (like Game 7 against the Wizards).

Al Horford didn't pick a good game to crap the bed.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The Hornets are truly terrible. Dwight's putting up big numbers but is a net negative, Batum hasn't looked remotely himself since his return, MKG has flatlined, Williams officially looks old, and Kemba can't throw it in the ocean right now.

This team's going to finish in the bottom six or seven in the entire league, and there will be a teardown/rebuild. Don't be at all shocked if Kemba gets put on the trade block this summer.

Reaction Score
The Hornets are truly terrible. Dwight's putting up big numbers but is a net negative, Batum hasn't looked remotely himself since his return, MKG has flatlined, Williams officially looks old, and Kemba can't throw it in the ocean right now.

This team's going to finish in the bottom six or seven in the entire league, and there will be a teardown/rebuild. Don't be at all shocked if Kemba gets put on the trade block this summer.

I'm hoping Kemba somehow ends up on the Spurs.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Kemba somehow ends up on the Spurs.
Would be the perfect replacement for Parker – such similar players.

Honestly though I'm hoping that Kemba & Jeremy both somehow wind up on Detroit.

Reaction Score

I had entertained the thought that he might be put on the block sooner than that. He only has one year left on his (extremely cheap) deal, right?

There are eight teams behind Brooklyn right now in the standings, but only one game separates them from fourth place. Assuming some of the teams behind them that have been playing better lately - like Chicago and Sacramento - continue to ascend, I could envision a scenario where that ends up being a top five pick in what is looking like a deeper draft than we originally thought. If you're Charlotte it makes a lot of sense to flip Kemba and maybe some other useful parts like Marvin Williams for the Brooklyn pick and cap filler. That would have the bonus effect of making your team worse short-term and improving your odds of winning the lottery with your own pick. Losing a fun, personable star in Kemba would be a tough sell to the fan base, but it wouldn't be the the gut punch other organizations have been forced to deliver (Jimmy Butler, Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Love, etc.) and it'd be pretty easy to console them with the prospect of adding a potential franchise player or two in the upcoming draft.

This assuming Isaiah can't give them anything, of course, in which case I imagine Cleveland would look to ship that pick to LA for DeAndre Jordan.

Reaction Score

2nd player is hornets history to score 30 points in less than 30 min. (Dell Curry is the other)

Reaction Score

I've seen all the Hornets games the last couple of years on FSSE. They are terrible right now and Kemba, for the first time, seems somewhat disinterested. He may be gone before the season is over. Lots of speculation and trade rumors. Batum, aka "Mr. Softy" needs to go but nobody wants his contract. MKG is actually playing hard right now and has improved his shooting. Marvin is old but useful at times. Another contract nobody wants. MCW has to be the worst player in the NBA and his future will probably be in some minor league in Europe. He doesn't shoot well enough to even play in the G League. And then there's the great Malik Monk who can't play a lick of defense.

This is truly a bad team and I see little hope for the season.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Re: Kemba, just read that he hurt his wrist a few weeks back. Hadn't realized that, and obviously it goes a long way toward explaining his shooting slump.

Reaction Score
Re: Kemba, just read that he hurt his wrist a few weeks back. Hadn't realized that, and obviously it goes a long way toward explaining his shooting slump.
I'm sure.

I'm talking body language and energy. It may be related to the wrist injury but he just doesn't look right to me.

Reaction Score
This has to be the very last time the Dwight-bola virus infects a team right?!
Kemba definitely deserves to be on a contender and had improved his game the last 2 seasons until this recent swoon. I agree on getting him to Spurs ideal, Cleveland ain't happening - Detroit I suppose is possible and certainly they'll cut their losses on ReggieJ sooner or later.

Celtics would have kept Olynyk, I think its sour grapes to think otherwise - salary wise just wasn't going to work. With Morris out their frontline is incredibly thin, they would love to have him right now and Kelly's crew + other mediocre teams Pacers, Jazz, Bulls are exposing & exploiting that.

Reaction Score
If only the Knicks played decent on the road, they played great last night with Porzingis playing awful. What a performance by Beasley, clutch play by Frank, and great contributions by KOQ, Kanter (facing 4 years in prison), and Mcbuckets. Knicks played the bench the entire 4th quarter including Ron Baker.

Reaction Score
GSW v. Cavs. Great game. Get down to final possessions, game tight. LeBron hacked HORRIBLY by Durant - no call. Durant fouled LBJ twice on the second drive. fouled him twice in two trips. Twice. GSW win on free throws. That can't be the ending the NBA wants. Very sad display of officiating. Who wants to watch a game with that ending?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Kemba with maybe his best stretch of the season.

Stripped Draymond Green twice in one possession, dove out of bounds to save the loose ball to Dwight Howard, then banged a 3 on the ensuing possession. Two possessions later banged another 3 then came down and hit a step back elbow jumper in Draymond Green’s face to lead the Hornets to a double digit win @ the Golden State Warriors. Wow.

Reaction Score
Kemba with maybe his best stretch of the season.

Stripped Draymond Green twice in one possession, dove out of bounds to save the loose ball to Dwight Howard, then banged a 3 on the ensuing possession. Two possessions later banged another 3 then came down and hit a step back elbow jumper in Draymond Green’s face to lead the Hornets to a double digit win @ the Golden State Warriors. Wow.

The Hornets played as well as they can and the Warriors looked very beatable once they got Batum off Klay and MKG shut him down in the second half. Good things happen when you play hard for 48 minutes.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Andre with 8 points, 10 rebs, 3 assists and a steal. In one quarter. Against the Spurs.

He's phenomenal.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Shabazz is killing it. Got 13/4/5 with a steal and 2(!!!) blocks as the Blazers have a 9-point lead early in the 3rd. He's destroying Schroeder, who's just 2-for-9 w/ 4 points & 5 assists.

His off-the-ball work is sneaky & great:

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Shabazz gets subbed out, Schroeder scored 7 points in 53 seconds to give Atlanta the lead.

Sigh.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Portland fans thought the team would go winless without Lillard. Instead they go 3-2 – including two road wins, one coming last night in Chicago – as Bazz averages 18/5/5 on 43/36/81 shooting splits, along with more steals per game (2.2) than turnovers (1.8) in starter's minutes (37 mpg).

Lillard's supposed to be back tonight. Whatever happens for the rest of the season, the Blazers (who are hard against the cap) have some serious thinking to do this summer regarding Bazz's future.

FWIW I still think they should trade Lillard for cap space & young assets. They'll get eliminated in the first round with him; they'll get eliminated in the first round without him. Sell high, give Bazz the starting job, and get a few crucial pieces to build a higher upside team in the coming years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom