OT: 2008 Celtics Don't Invite Ray on Vacation | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 2008 Celtics Don't Invite Ray on Vacation

Reaction Score
Eh... Not sure. It's arguable. KG is a no doubter; he was a 9-time All-NBA player, Ray had one selection. A quick google search of the universe was a bit divided on Ray as a 1st ballot guy.

Ray Allen was a 10 time All-Star, though. Top 25 scorer in league history, all-time leader in career threes; among other three point marks, a college All-American, an Olympic Gold Medalist, and a two-time NBA Champion, among other things. All this despite 1 All-NBA selection.

He's very likely first ballot.

Reaction Score
In the past, KG and Ray have said that Sam Cassell was the other Big 3 not Ray. LOL they never mentioned Rondo. Ray was always liked more by the media than his Boston teammates, although he was pretty friendly with KG in HS. They both lived in SC before KG moved to Chicago. Of course before his parent's divorce Ray lived in Germany and other military bases due to his father being a mechanic in the Air Force.

I was fortunate to be invited to Ray's wedding in Martha's Vineyard and what was notable was I don't recall seeing one Celtic there. Scott Burrell was in the wedding party but no Celtics and that was before Ray's Miami move.
Were you Drummond's plus-1? Or was it the other way around?

Reaction Score
Just an observation, but on St Patrick's day when everyone suddenly has a Celtics jersey, the majority always seem to be ray's.

Also oddly enough while snowboarding at steamboat this past week I saw a handful of Allen jerseys from the bucks, too

As someone earlier said, his teammates might not love him, but the fans sure do

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Like I said, I'd bet any amount I have that Ray Allen will be a first ballot HoFer.
Just an observation, but on St Patrick's day when everyone suddenly has a Celtics jersey, the majority always seem to be ray's.

Also oddly enough while snowboarding at steamboat this past week I saw a handful of Allen jerseys from the bucks, too

As someone earlier said, his teammates might not love him, but the fans sure do
Literally thought the same exact thing this past saturday during our beantown bar crawl. Every Celtics jersey I saw out that day was a #20 Allen.

Reaction Score
I was fortunate to be invited to Ray's wedding in Martha's Vineyard and what was notable was I don't recall seeing one Celtic there. Scott Burrell was in the wedding party but no Celtics and that was before Ray's Miami move.

Was that the origin of the Glen Miller issues?

C

Chief00

Like I said, I'd bet any amount I have that Ray Allen will be a first ballot HoFer.

Literally thought the same exact thing this past saturday during our beantown bar crawl. Every Celtics jersey I saw out that day was a #20 Allen.

A lot of truth there.

C

Chief00

In the past, KG and Ray have said that Sam Cassell was the other Big 3 not Ray. LOL they never mentioned Rondo. Ray was always liked more by the media than his Boston teammates, although he was pretty friendly with KG in HS. They both lived in SC before KG moved to Chicago. Of course before his parent's divorce Ray lived in Germany and other military bases due to his father being a mechanic in the Air Force.

Meant to say KG and Pierce said Sam was the other Big 3. Pretty ridiculous on the court but that's how they felt off the court. There was some friction that Ray would only go to his charity events and would not go to other guy's charities events or so Pierce and KG believed.

Reaction Score
I hope pierce, kg and the ever more annoying Rondo especially (ungrateful little punk) realize that they would have 0, (zero), none, no titles if it wasn't for Ray.

'n a$$h@t Ainge let Ray out to dry for months and months...teasing the media with Ray trade talk.

Ray won another title with arguably the best player since Jordan, including hitting one of the more memorable shots in NBA history and Pierce and KG didn't do * after. Don't even get me started on how awful a basketball player Rondo is.

PATHETIC.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
ray.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members