OT: 2 More Nights Of Letterman | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 2 More Nights Of Letterman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
A. Joke works better with 2nd

B. I can see arguing Foo Fighter better catalogue and more listenable nowadays, but for totality and influence anything other than a taste ranking puts Nirvana far ahead. I understand this is what message boards are for though.

C. #30 between Johnny Cash and The Who, unshockingly unranked = Foo
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...ists-of-all-time-19691231/johnny-cash-2011042
I grew up during the grunge era and love many of those bands, Nirvana just never did it for me. I can see how Nirvana represented teenage angst and Cobain's death was a huge deal I just never like listening to their music.

Reaction Score
Comedy is a personal thing, as the SNL "most favorite" thread showed. I never liked Dave, other than the occasional top 10. Thought his humor was too goofy, much like what I thought of Robin Williams (look at me, I'm so zany). Somebody above put it well - you had to be a little buzzed to get the full effect of the show. Enjoyed Carson and Leno about the same, which is to say, somewhat. The Scottish guy is very good, Kimmel is entertaining, and the SNL dude is pretty good (and great at impressions), but I'm too old to watch. Best was Dennis Miller, but his target audience was about 1% of the world. Worst is a toss up between Sajak and Chase. It would have been Chase hands down, except it was hilarious to watch how bad he was without a script, so there was some value there. Never thought Chase was funny, no matter what he did, be it on SNL or in movies, or live. Always considered him my generation's Bob Hope - considered wildly funny by everybody, but I just never saw it. Bill Murray is the greatest comedic talent I have ever observed.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Scottish guy quit the talk show. Did not want to do it anymore. Craig now has a game show he hosts, just like his former costar Drew Carey.
There are 3 SNL guys. Jimmy and Seth plus Conan was an SNL writer.
Not to mention Paul Schaeffer was an SNL alum (music & comedy)

One of the things I will miss from Letterman is the fantastic CBS orchestra and the love for really good music that was shared by Paul & Dave. I never made it to be in the audience, but I've heard it rocked.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I need Colbert to be good. W/o Stewart & Letterman, I will be lost.
Agree this is a good choice.
I assume Colbert will have to go back to pronouncing the "T" at the end of his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom