OT #1 Sport | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT #1 Sport

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Baseball is my #1 by a wide margin. I still play in adult wood bat leagues and tourneys at age 39. I live eat and sleep baseball, have since I was 5yrs old.

That's awesome. I'd love to play on the weekends, even if it was just as a sub once in a blue moon.

I played catcher growing up, which I feel like is either the least filled position in a men's league or the most easily filled.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I love riding my bicycle on trainers while watching the Tour de France.
I've ridden 10 out of the last 12 tours!

Reaction Score
We all have memories of playing on the frozen ponds in our hometowns.

We do?

Basketball, football, soccer, then baseball. There is no #1, just which one has most of my attention at the time (which is dependent on how well my favorite teams are playing).

Hockey doesn't even register, I've been to more Yard Goats games than Wolf Pack, and they've only been around for a year.

Reaction Score
USMNT always goes to the top of my list when there is a big tournament. World Cup, Copa, Confed. Gold Cup is meh.
Unfortunately right now it's hard to get excited about USMNT. There isn't going to be relevant US soccer for a pretty significant amount of time.

Also, March Madness is towards the top of my list, even though it's really sad to think about when UConn isn't in it.

Things can change quickly, we'll be back and better in 2022.

It's so far off I have no choice but to hope and wish.

Reaction Score
That's awesome. I'd love to play on the weekends, even if it was just as a sub once in a blue moon.

I played catcher growing up, which I feel like is either the least filled position in a men's league or the most easily filled.

Where do you live?

Reaction Score
Baseball, love to watch those Yanks, but last year I coached 7 and 8 year olds and watching them develop and improve provided the biggest charge of all.

Reaction Score
Baseball, football, basketball, tennis, hockey growing up.

Golf entered the picture during the Tiger years and has supplanted tennis as my #4.

Reaction Score
College Basketball is definitely my number 1
When UConn is in the dredges I spend more time following golf. Those are my 1 & 2

Reaction Score
We do?

Basketball, football, soccer, then baseball. There is no #1, just which one has most of my attention at the time (which is dependent on how well my favorite teams are playing).

Hockey doesn't even register, I've been to more Yard Goats games than Wolf Pack, and they've only been around for a year.

Hey man, I was drunk and waxing nostalgic

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Things can change quickly, we'll be back and better in 2022.
It's so far off I have no choice but to hope and wish.
4 years is a pretty significant amount of time in my book.
We need to quickly identify talent right now that we think can help us in 4 years. It all starts with Pulisic, on down to Brooks, Yedlin. After that, maybe Miazga and Horvath will be first options?
But the squad needs to be filled out with guys who want to fight for the jersey, and realize that World Cup qualification isn't just handed to them. We need guys who have a ceiling of high level European soccer. Whatever the issues are, we somehow aren't finding these players in a country with over 300 million people.
And it is completely inexcusable.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
1. Uconn: b-ball, football, hockey
2. Bruins- love watching hockey in general
3. Patriots
4. Yankees
5. Celtics
6. NCAA lax

Reaction Score
I fell in love with basketball when I attended UConn. Before that, I was a baseball guy. Now I am a basketball guy but it wouldn't have been so without UConn. My only regret from the last four years is that I didn't form an AAU team. I came really close a couple of times but the talent pool is thin here.

Reaction Score
1. Uconn: b-ball, football, hockey
2. Bruins- love watching hockey in general
3. Patriots
4. Yankees
5. Celtics
6. NCAA lax

How do you justify the Boston sports fandom and Yankee fandom?

Reaction Score
Football - any game any time
basketball - college
Baseball - pros
Winter Olympics
Summer Olympics
Hockey - NHL playoffs
Soccer - World Cup

Reaction Score

Have you checked out a UConn hockey game?

I highly suggest you do.

Way better atmosphere than Wolfpack games and it's UConn.

Reaction Score
Have you checked out a UConn hockey game?

I highly suggest you do.

Way better atmosphere than Wolfpack games and it's UConn.
I'll be there for BU friday night. I enjoy hockey live, it's a lot of fun, I was just poking fun at the assumption that "all of us skated on the local pond as kids", hopefully @Guapo knew I was just kidding. As far as sports go, I'll watch the other major sports first, then MMA, then maybe hockey. I'll catch some of the stanley cup finals, if I can and that's about it.

FWIW, I'm not an alum, just a UConn fan, so while I wish all of the teams well, I don't feel any emotional attachment to the school itself outside of the sports I'm interested in.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
How do you justify the Boston sports fandom and Yankee fandom?
LOL it’s kind of complicated. Basically, my dad likes the Yankees and doesn’t really follow other sports.

Reaction Score
Is it hockey? We all have memories of playing on the frozen pondsnu in our hometowns.-Not all of us!

Football. UConn and Patriots. UConn mens basketball.

Ironically UConn mens basketball and the Pats lost some luster when they started winning titles and the bandwagon started filling up.

These days I hope to see the Mets win it all soon.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
College basketball
College football
NFL

The past few years have been difficult, the older I get the fewer poops I give about sports. Baseball lost me during the strike and I find it unwatchable now on TV.
I have to say - I totally agree. I used to be a rabid sports guy. Now, I mostly don't care. I love going to UCONN football, basketball, and hockey games because of my connection to CT and UCONN and I see a lot of friends and family. I support the Patriots and have season tickets, but mostly because I inherited them from my uncle. Maybe because I have a wife, kids, career, mortgage, minivan, etc, sucking up all of my worry space. Or maybe Netflix is so great that I have better entertainment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom