OSU-Oregon Magnifies UConn's Futility And Distance From Top (Jacobs) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OSU-Oregon Magnifies UConn's Futility And Distance From Top (Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, grow up. He chose reality over make-believe. And if UConn can't see fit to "rally the troops " at say, a signing day event, why should you expect that from Jacobs?

I get skewered on this board for choosing reality over make believe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
CBSSN is not rated.

Think about that. They care so little for that network they won't even spend the money to be rated. Is what they buy the games from ESPN for public?

Reaction Score
Things can turn around quickly if we find a play maker at QB and our coach decides to prioritize winning and game planning. BC is a good example of a quick turnaround. They were as bad as we are under their previous coach just two years ago. I do think Diaco is recruiting well (as well as can be expected).

This is only partially true. While it is true that BC witnessed a quick turn around, their program was nowhere near the depths that uconn was/is (when Diaco took over). The first glaring difference, is that Addazio was able to transform BC in his first year, obviously something Diaco failed at miserably. But even with Spaziani, they still recruited decent pieces here and there, and despite being thin at a number of spots, Addazio took over a very senior team with respectable, ACC level pieces, which helped in his transition.

The biggest difference in the two situations, is that Addazio was able to win immediately with a quarterback who was the polar opposite of one that fits his system. He was able to scheme around any short comings/scheme differences. Diaco has failed at that so far which has to leave major questions about his offensive management.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Oh, grow up. He chose reality over make-believe. And if UConn can't see fit to "rally the troops " at say, a signing day event, why should you expect that from Jacobs?
I think we all know the reality and it sucks.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I think we all know the reality and it sucks.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you think you do but all the negative people on this board have actually been too lenient if anything NOW LET ME TELL YOU HOW *TY IT ACTUALLY IS THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT GUYS WE CAN'T ALLOW OURSELVES ANY HOPE OF SURVIVAL HERE CHUG THIS SULFURIC ACID SO YOU DON'T FEEL THE PAIN OF LOSING TO VILLANOVA /dies

APA

Reaction Score
And when their first TV contract runs out and there is no market for the television rights because the games don't draw 5 digits of viewers how do you think it ends?
The Big East will be just fine. The AAC? Not so much.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Big East will be just fine. The AAC? Not so much.

It will be ok. Fine for those schools. It isn't fine for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom