Osama Bin Dabo | The Boneyard

Osama Bin Dabo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"The shameful comparison by Swinney goes far beyond a mistake. It shows an incredible lack of knowledge on a topic that many feel is the darkest day in this country’s history. Through that lens, it’s easy to understand a person who now views Swinney differently.

It’s hard to envision any way the inevitable apology is going to make those bothered by this show even an ounce of forgiveness."

Lmfao. Is this guy serious?

Reaction Score
People getting offended about this is pretty ridiculous IMO. Just a corny joke
Yes, it's a corny joke that is in incredibly insensitive and in poor taste. Can't say I'm offended by it. But it ain't funny and I can understand how many people might be hurt by the reference as it minimizes mass murder of their loved ones. The husbands, wives, sons, daughters and friends of the victims are still walking around.

It's a joke made by a person with no awareness beyond their own nose.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yes, it's a corny joke that is in incredibly insensitive and in poor taste. Can't say I'm offended by it. But it ain't funny and I can understand how many people might be hurt by the reference as it minimizes mass murder of their loved ones. The husbands, wives, sons, daughters and friends of the victims are still walking around.

This sounds like something a snowflake would say.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

There’s no sense in which he’s being lighthearted about Bin Ladens actions. He’s simply the most famous person to have been on the run from the government in our lifetimes, which made it an apropos name for him to use. And it was hyperbole. “He was like Hitler” is something people often say wiithout, of course, truly believing the person was equal to hitler’s evil. He is just the archetype of evil, as bin laden seems to be the archetype for being on the lam

Reaction Score
There’s no sense in which he’s being lighthearted about Bin Ladens actions. He’s simply the most famous person to have been on the run from the government in our lifetimes, which made it an apropos name for him to use. And it was hyperbole. “He was like Hitler” is something people often say wiithout, of course, truly believing the person was equal to hitler’s evil. He is just the archetype of evil, as bin laden seems to be the archetype for being on the lam
He could have saved himself the grief and said he was El Dabo, instead of El Chapo.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I can’t beleive I clicked on a Big Lead article. But after reading that quote - good lord is that a non story.

Reaction Score
I thought this was terrible ... until I read the story and saw the context. Said 1x, referring to himself as persona non grata in Bama. No big deal.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"Regardless of the context or way he said it, referencing Osama bin Laden in that context is completely inexcusable and upsetting..."

Oh, shut up.

Reaction Score
It’s actually kind of the perfect analogy and says more about the fu67wits in Alabama. They can’t be happy for him that he successful? Who do they think Bama will hire when Sabin retires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom