Oregon vs Miss State (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon vs Miss State (merged thread)

Reaction Score
The Aces' (with the #1 pick in this year's WNBA draft) head coach and general manager "trader" Bill Laimbeer's phone is ring now. Laimbeer has expressed his need/want for a BIG (McCowan/Brown), however, he may entertain a trade offer he can't refuse, like a veteran BIG that is productive and can still play, and then sweeten the pot by throwing in their 1st round draft choice. :D

A big for the Aces actually would be a mistake IMO.. Wilson doesn't want a big clogging her space, she played better at SC when they played her alone w/o Coates.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State & Louisville fought all season to earn a #1 seed. But their reward was to be sent to the regionals in the #2 seed's backyard.

I agree. Mississippi State definitely got the short end of the stick. That being said, Oregon and Notre Dame to me seem like the team to beat. I would give Oregon the advantage. They seem to be on a mission and the least vulnerable.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Ionescu won NPOY today, if people had not cast their vote yet. Runs the pick and roll like a pro., deep range , etc... WNBA execs are licking their lips. If your team needs a PG, you shoudbe looking to trade up for the #1 pick.
Post season play does not factor into the NPOY awards.

Reaction Score
A big for the Aces actually would be a mistake IMO.. Wilson doesn't want a big clogging her space, she played better at SC when they played her alone w/o Coates.
LOL. No she didn't. Wilson/Coates dominated the SEC when they were together. The only player who played better without a clogged post was Kaela Davis.

Reaction Score
LOL. No she didn't. Wilson/Coates dominated the SEC when they were together. The only player who played better without a clogged post was Kaela Davis.

The SEC..lol.. 0 for their life against UConn. The only reason they won in 2017 was the injury, ridiculous call in the ASU game that saved them. Even, then they were praying for MSU to do what they knew they couldn't..beat UConn. MSU was so happy for their miracle win, they played poorly in the NC game.

Reaction Score
I agree. Mississippi State definitely got the short end of the stick. That being said, Oregon and Notre Dame to me seem like the team to beat. I would give Oregon the advantage. They seem to be on a mission and the least vulnerable.
There are always teams that get the short end of the stick. It could also be argued that Miss St shouldn't have been a one seed. I don't think fans screaming in the back ground is that much of home court advantage. What would be a home court advantage is playing in the same arena you always play in. It's 114 miles so it is not that close. It's probably takes less time by air. Bottom line they do move the venue year by year and attendance is certainly a factor.

I don't know if having to come out West is considered getting the short end of the stick. They would have to travel any where except Greensboro. Does anyone think Miss St should have been ranked higher than Baylor? What about all the teams west of the Miss river. All the sites except Portland where on the eastern side. Why were they not getting the shaft having to travel east. As was mentioned Oregon beat Miss St head to head played in a tougher conference and very easily could have been named a one seed.

If they had any complaint it would have been last year when they were sent to Columbus and louisville was in Lexington. Yet Miss St ended up in the Championship game with ND both of which were sent far from home in the regionals. The home crowd didn't seem to affect them much so why is it all of the sudden a major issue that Miss St loses to Oregon. ND got sent to Spokane Washington and they won it all. The fact that some teams are going to be sent far away every year is nothing new.

How do you expect to have the committee to pick a so called neutral site that far in advance. They could pick one in Alaska. No matter where you chose it will always be closer to one team than the other. 114 miles away is not a home game. Why not just create a rule that no team can have more fans than their opposition at any of the playoff games?. The idea that fans won he game for Oregon is one poor excuse.

Reaction Score
Bit harsh. Creme along with all the ESPNw'ers had us going through to the FF
Wow! Just a joke. I am Charlie Creme supporter. For the record, Charlie & LaChina Robinson picked Louisville.
Albany Regional: No. 2 UConn vs. No. 1 Louisville
Creme:
Louisville
Merrill: UConn
Pelton: UConn
Robinson: Louisville
Voepel: UConn

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow! Just a joke. I am Charlie Creme supporter. For the record, Charlie & LaChina Robinson picked Louisville.
Albany Regional: No. 2 UConn vs. No. 1 Louisville
Creme:
Louisville
Merrill: UConn
Pelton: UConn
Robinson: Louisville
Voepel: UConn

Ok. I thought I had seen some group of ESPN staffers all picking UConn over Louisville. If Creme picked Louisville, than he deserves what he gets. ;)

Reaction Score
Ok. I thought I had seen some group of ESPN staffers all picking UConn over Louisville. If Creme picked Louisville, than he deserves what he gets. ;)
Knowing Charlie, he picked UCONN to go to the Final Four, but picked Louisville to beat UCONN:):). That's hedging his bets!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom