Oregon St (7) @ Stanford (11) - 2/08/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon St (7) @ Stanford (11) - 2/08/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I love that there is absolutely no interest in the outcome of this PAC-12 game!
I'm interested but my cable provider, UVerse, lost the Pac 12 Network because of some disagreement.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I'd say 35 votes and two pages of forum posts ain't nothing. Friday + West Coast game + PAC-12 Network explains it more than anything. Stanford fan here, and I actually picked OSU: they're peaking at the right time, and I think we've regressed a bit since Fingall's ACL injury. I hope I'm wrong.

I like Rueck and the Beavers... I dislike Vandeveer and Stanford.... so of course.... put money down on Stanford to win tonightHead bang

You might be the first person I've ever heard say they dislike Tara. Like, actually, literally, ever. She coaches hard, develops her players well, almost never complains about the officials, always gives the other team credit, does everything she can to promote the game, and never speaks out of turn (something even Geno occasionally slips up and does). Heck, when recruited players get rejected from Stanford admissions office, she finds them a home across the bay at arch-rival Cal. I'd love to know your reasons!

Reaction Score
Well, the Pac-12 Network recognizes the importance of tonight's game (s), as they are actually doing a 1/2 hour pregame show prior to Oregon State at Stanford (pregame starts at 5:30 pm PST. ) Now that's a rarity for them, especially for women's basketball.

UPDATE: ok, others with better knowledge than me say pregame shows on the Pac-12 Network are done for WBB games that are televised back to back. My bad.

Last edited:

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
You might be the first person I've ever heard say they dislike Tara. Like said:
I realize you weren't asking me, and actually I have no problem with Vanderveer now, but I'll answer your question anyways. During our first championship run Vanderveer seemed to have a problem with us. When asked about our recruiting success in landing freshman phenom Sales, Vanderveer replied she had six Sales (the recruiting tables have turned, obviously). Then, after we pounded her team by something like 27 points in the semifinal game she predicted Tennessee would beat us in the championship game. I don't think she appreciated the brash new coach making such an impact, but perhaps there was another reason, and perhaps she has gotten over whatever it was since then.

Reaction Score

Plus after the '94-95 season Tara was the Olympic coach and argued with the selection committee to keep Lobo off the team. They basically made her take Rebecca, who was NCAA POY and the poster child for WBB and the new WNBA, and Tara proceeded to mistreat her and badmouth her.

So I dislike Tara, although I do think she's a great coach, and all those other nice things about her are true.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Jennifer Azzi on the pregame show, reminiscing about her Stanford days. She was one of my favorites. What a great player.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oregon State and Stanford have played some ugly and low-scoring affairs in recent years. Both are great defensive teams and both coaches are great game planners.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon State and Stanford have played some ugly and low-scoring affairs in recent years. Both are great defensive teams and both coaches are great game planners.

There was the fairly low scoring 2 OT thriller 2 years ago, OSU's only win ever at Maples.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I had a feeling Stanford's size would be a problem. How many blocks do they have??? Add to that they are hitting 3's!!!!!

Reaction Score
36-20 STAN at the half

Strangely enough, Stanford seem to get better when Smith got benched with the two fouls in the first half.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Plus after the '94-95 season Tara was the Olympic coach and argued with the selection committee to keep Lobo off the team. They basically made her take Rebecca, who was NCAA POY and the poster child for WBB and the new WNBA, and Tara proceeded to mistreat her and badmouth her.

So I dislike Tara, although I do think she's a great coach, and all those other nice things about her are true.
Time heals all wounds or so the saying goes. I respect what @TheFarmFan said and found this article that worth a read for many of the older BYers who also hold this grudge.
GOOD TIMING BY TARA

Just like those Tenn fans who despise Geno, despite Geno and Pat making amends during her last years of coaching and him donating to her foundation. If he can forgive so can we. Just my humble opinion.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Beavers 0-7 from 3 in first half. They live and die from distance.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Time heals all wounds or so the saying goes. I respect what @TheFarmFan said and found this article that worth a read for many of the older BYers who also hold this grudge.
GOOD TIMING BY TARA

Just like those Tenn fans who despise Geno, despite Geno and Pat making amends during her last years of coaching and him donating to her foundation. If he can forgive so can we. Just my humble opinion.
Thanks for sharing this article. Really a great read.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
In a weird SNAFU I'm not getting Pac 12 Network currently so can't watch the game.

Stanford has lost twice recently to Utah and Cal. It kinda seems like some people wrote them off because of that. I've seen a few comments about the top 7 clearly separating themselves from everybody else, and Stanford isn't in that top 7. Well....they are still a team to be reckoned with. They are still the only team to hang a loss on Baylor. When Oregon visits on Sunday will be VERY interesting.

Reaction Score
Yikes, OSU pretty bad tonight. STAN up by 22 mid third.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In a weird SNAFU I'm not getting Pac 12 Network currently so can't watch the game.

Stanford has lost twice recently to Utah and Cal. It kinda seems like some people wrote them off because of that. I've seen a few comments about the top 7 clearly separating themselves from everybody else, and Stanford isn't in that top 7. Well....they are still a team to be reckoned with. They are still the only team to hang a loss on Baylor. When Oregon visits on Sunday will be VERY interesting.
Huh? What happened to your P12 network?

Stanford is unbeaten at home, including the big win over Baylor. On the road they've lost to Gonzaga, Utah and Cal. A lot of teams this year have been home court heroes, Stanford no exception.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Huh? What happened to your P12 network?

Some idiot turned about half of our channels off, including everything sports related. And somehow turning them back on takes a week? I can't even fathom that, should be an instantaneous fix. I don't get it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford is unbeaten at home, including the big win over Baylor. On the road they've lost to Gonzaga, Utah and Cal. A lot of teams this year have been home court heroes, Stanford no exception.

Well they do have road wins over Buffalo and Arizona St. (and Tennessee but that doesn't really count anymore I guess).

Reaction Score
Stanford has lost twice recently to Utah and Cal. It kinda seems like some people wrote them off because of that. I've seen a few comments about the top 7 clearly separating themselves from everybody else, and Stanford isn't in that top 7. Well....they are still a team to be reckoned with.

Stanford was picked to win this game by 75% of the respondents, including me. I just thought OSU would make more of a game of it. OSU doesn’t even look like a Top 25 team tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford was picked to win this game by 75% of the respondents, including me. I just thought OSU would make more of a game of it. OSU doesn’t even look like a Top 25 team tonight.

They've been winning games but I said it before, they have a fairly thin margin for error. No depth at all now, and if the 3's aren't falling they can have trouble manufacturing points. I think they are still missing Tudor badly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom