Oregon St (7) @ Stanford (11) - 2/08/19 | The Boneyard

Oregon St (7) @ Stanford (11) - 2/08/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I love that there is absolutely no interest in the outcome of this PAC-12 game!

Reaction Score
And no one thinks probably not a lot of folks beyond some die hard Oregon State fans think that Oregon State OSU has any a substantial chance to win except for some die hard Beaver fans. Based on the historical record, it's understandable.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this board will be a lot more interested when Oregon is involved. Stanford & Oregon State are outside of the interchangeable top 7. There seems to be a wide gap after 7 so forgive our lack of enthusiasm. Good to see PAC-12 being more competitive, though.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

How to spell PAC 12 Network? :mad: I'd watch and talk about it, but they did this silly thing called the PAC 12 Network. Meanwhile, for about $17 a month I can watch a whole lot of quality basketball from sea to shiny sea ... oops, almost the Pacific. When you folks go out of conference I can pick you up.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Stanford gets the W I’m thinking. I like Reuck and the Beavers a lot but the one area they are lacking this season is the post game. Grymek has made a huge improvements but the Cardinal will dominate in the paint. If the Beavers can hit enough 3’s it could be close but I’m thinking Tara gets the W.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yes. Not sure why it autocorrected to that. I fixed it.

Wow, odd autocorrect. I thought maybe Grunen was some big new European recruit or something.

Reaction Score
How to spell PAC 12 Network? :mad: I'd watch and talk about it, but they did this silly thing called the PAC 12 Network. Meanwhile, for about $17 a month I can watch a whole lot of quality basketball from sea to shiny sea ... oops, almost the Pacific. When you folks go out of conference I can pick you up.
Yes, the PAC-12 "Network" is apparently an Exclusive Club. With the PAC-12's recent success in football and men's basketball (sarcasm intended), you'd think the PAC-12 Network would embrace other regions of the US, and make it easy to watch PAC-12 sports! But what do I know?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stanford gets the W I’m thinking. I like Reuck and the Beavers a lot but the one area they are lacking this season is the post game. Grymek has made a huge improvements but the Cardinal will dominate in the paint. If the Beavers can hit enough 3’s it could be close but I’m thinking Tara gets the W.
If you go look at NCAA D1 Team Stats, it could be argued that OSU dominates in the paint (rebounding margin & Defensive rebounding specifically). But I think you are correct in your assertion, that Alana Smith, Maya Dodson, and Shannon Coffee will be quite a challenge for OSU in the middle. I think the x-Factor for Stanford is going to be the Hull twins. OSU will game plan for Alana Smith, Kianna Williams, & Carrington. Whether OSU can execute defensively, even against these 3 will be what I will watch for tonight. Carrington is the Stanford player that I worry most about. She can go off, and score 20+ points in a half. Really like her game. I'm guessing Pivec will guard her for a good portion of the game. I just want a quality game tonight. I'm mentally ready for either outcome.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think w/ Smith's shooting prowess, might not see much of Grymek tonight. Really bad defensive match up there. Plus she can put the ball on the floor and drive.

Carrington has gotten much more consistent this year. She's always had the talent, but it didn't really come together for her til this year. Williams is super quick, she's gonna be a tough guard for somebody. OSU did a good job on Arizona's McDonald earlier this year, but she doesn't have nearly as many offensive weapons around her as Stanford does.

Yeah, OSU's history at Maples is pretty bleak, but they are riding a 1 game winning streak there!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, odd autocorrect. I thought maybe Grunen was some big new European recruit or something.
"gruñen" is a Spanish word that means "[they] growl/grumble"

Plebe

Reaction Score
And no one thinks that Oregon State has any chance to win except for some die hard Beaver fans. Based on the historical record, it's understandable.
Huh? I think they have a chance to win, and I'm not exactly a diehard Beaver fan. I admire both coaches and both programs equally.

Reaction Score
Huh? I think they have a chance to win, and I'm not exactly a diehard Beaver fan. I admire both coaches and both programs equally.

OK, I was using hyperbole to mimic what I interpreted as hyperbole by LoTrader when he stated
"I love that there is absolutely no interest in the outcome of this PAC-12 game!"

I went back and revised my original statement.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, this thread has turned into quite a lesson in linguistics, as well as a bit of prognostication about the game. Gotta love the BY! :cool:

Reaction Score
I just want a quality game tonight. I'm mentally ready for either outcome.
You will know your team has made it when, deep down in your heart, you know you will never, EVER again be “mentally ready for either outcome.”

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Derived from the Latin "grundang", which was a legion field encampment stew comprised mainly of beans.
While I heartily appreciate and applaud the novel folk etymology, my 1734 Diccionario de Autoridades, published by the Royal Spanish Academy of the Language, a bankrupt organization, differs:

image.jpeg

Grundang, as any fuel kno, is a Scandinavian oyster knife that doubles as a peanut butter spreader.

Reaction Score
Yes, the PAC-12 "Network" is apparently an Exclusive Club. With the PAC-12's recent success in football and men's basketball (sarcasm intended), you'd think the PAC-12 Network would embrace other regions of the US, and make it easy to watch PAC-12 sports! But what do I know?
Um... I get the Pac-12 network as part of my regular cable package here in central Texas.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I like Rueck and the Beavers... I dislike Vandeveer and Stanford.... so of course.... put money down on Stanford to win tonightHead bang

Plebe

Reaction Score
I like Rueck and the Beavers... I dislike Vandeveer and Stanford.... so of course.... put money down on Stanford to win tonightHead bang
Put the money down with one hand ... and throw the record book with the other!

">via GIPHY</a></p>

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Put the money down with one hand ... and throw the record book with the other!

">via GIPHY</a></p>

Now that I think about it.... Beavers and trees are arch-enemies :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom