Oregon Scouting Report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oregon Scouting Report

Reaction Score
Seriously, people don’t have this one in their win column? Oregon is a very average team that is over-rated due to the fact that they are in a P5 conference. 2-2 with unimpressive wins, and one bad loss. Can’t fault a team for losing to Houston of course. They had no chance against the Cougars. Wow, they have tall player. Imagine that. A college basketball team has tall guys on it. What will they think of next? Of course we have no idea if UConn is any good or not. Hard to tell when you play opponents who are all ranked 200 or above. Well maybe one is in the 190s but you get the drift. Even with this, I can’t imagine losing to these jokers unless UConn missed their flight or something and has to send the cheerleaders out there.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I love how Hawk used the Delaware st game to get his reps in from 3 lol
Oh Hawk has the green light. They are telling him to hoist. He needs to check himself sometimes on time and circumstance, but I have no problem with the green light. He's a shooter.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Seriously, people don’t have this one in their win column? Oregon is a very average team that is over-rated due to the fact that they are in a P5 conference. 2-2 with unimpressive wins, and one bad loss. Can’t fault a team for losing to Houston of course. They had no chance against the Cougars. Wow, they have tall player. Imagine that. A college basketball team has tall guys on it. What will they think of next? Of course we have no idea if UConn is any good or not. Hard to tell when you play opponents who are all ranked 200 or above. Well maybe one is in the 190s but you get the drift. Even with this, I can’t imagine losing to these jokers unless UConn missed their flight or something and has to send the cheerleaders out there.

You are a single handed anti mojo machine

Reaction Score
Based on your analysis, it seems like the cheerleaders could beat Oregon.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Oregon is big very big. Adama will not have it easy at all. May struggle if he tries to do too much. Will need our shooters to be on.
I am thinking that we have Mr DC as well as Adama and it will be fun to see him mix it up a bit with their bigs. I think the tape of this game will be useful to look at afterward and tell us a lot about matchups for the future where a 1-2 punch of Sanogo-Clingan either as tag team or even at times together might work.

I also think our running/passing teamwork game will be a big asset.

Looking forward to this one! Hope Joey California has his run and gun shoes with him!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It’d be weird if the cheerleaders made it without the team. I hope they’d hold the flight?

Reaction Score
Hawkins strikes me as one of those guys that shoots better when contested. It's weird, it makes no sense, but it happens.
I think this has more to do with being in rythm. As a shooter, you’re used to running off a ball screen or at the very least being in that triple threat ready position when you catch the ball, and Hawk having the green light is going to go right into his shooting motion off the catch and only needs a second of space to get his shot off.

Compare that to when he’s wide open, it’s almost like a shock, but more than that it’s that you’re kind of caught off rythm because you’re probably not expecting to shoot in that moment. Makes a difference with a guy like Hawkins. He’s an amazing shooter but him taking contested 3s is absolutely a thing and he needs and will keep shooting those!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If we’re being honest too, Hawk still struggles with creating space off the dribble, so he’s gonna need to take some tough shots if he wants to get a certain number per game.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
True, but sometimes it comes down to which team can hold the other team to less points
Sometimes when you win, you really lose. And sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie. And sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sometimes when you win, you really lose. And sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie. And sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.
Usually, that’s whiskey.

Reaction Score
I think it would be malpractice by our coaches and the players on this team if we aren't getting Jordan 8-10 shots a game from deep, with at least a few being from the corners. I'd like to see 4-5 a game from Karaban and Alleyne each as well. Depending on how much Joey California plays, he should get reps too. Karaban, Hawkins, and Joey C in particular I want to be letting the ball fly at will when they're open--no hesitation. Alleyne has yet to prove it at UConn but if his shooting regresses to the mean, he'll be a green light shooter too.

Diarra, Sanogo, Jackson should be a bit more conservative with their shooting, but still need to be getting their reps. 1-2 per game. Newton should get 3-4 per game.

That would put us at 26 shots per game... Overall I'd like to see around 25 shots from deep per game on average. If we distribute those shot attempts well and take good shots, I think being one of the better 3 point shooting teams in the country is doable.
I favor good ball movement towards finding the open shooter, rather than x shots for whoever. If we have the ball movement Jordan will get some good looks.

Reaction Score
Can you run that by me again? I’m stupid.

Reaction Score
They'll try to slow us down but if we're allowed to play some D without constant whistles the offense will score in transition and in the half. Eventually we wear them down. And they may be taller (not by much) but we've got wings to fly.

Reaction Score

“Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. Think about that for a while.” Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Yeah but when you're an upperclassmen the sample size is probably not so small. Using the OP's data....

Rivaldo Soares is a senior. He's a career 25.3% 3 point shooter and half of his shots this season are from three (at a 16.7% clip).

Keeshawn Barthelemy is a junior. He's a career 32.7% 3 point shooter and 2/3 of his shots this season are from three (at a 27.3% clip).

Quincy Guerrier is a senior. He's a career 29.8% 3 point shooter and 60% of his shots this season are from three (at a 22.2% clip).

These 3 don't seem like they've been good career 3 point shooters. But this season they are shooting less than their career averages.

Richardson, Bittle and Ware seem fine from three.
Now we’re screwed all three will torch us thanks a lot

Reaction Score
Now we’re screwed all three will torch us thanks a lot
Did you read my first post in this thread? Already took care of the mojo.

2). Like Huskyforlife above I'm worried that Oregon has shot so horribly from three that they have a really good shooting game coming. Hopefully that game comes after Thursday.

If they light us up I'm blaming freesccooter because of his post above. Link: Oregon Scouting Report

Now that's a mojo killer.

Reaction Score
I think Dante is capable of defending our post game which is so important to us. It would be real big to go at him early in the game with both Sanogo, Clingan, and drivers to the rim. We need them to have the foul trouble, and, avoid it ourselves. Their size is not a good matchup on the boards for Karaban and Springs if we get in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I think Dante is capable of defending our post game which is so important to us. It would be real big to go at him early in the game with both Sanogo, Clingan, and drivers to the rim. We need them to have the foul trouble, and, avoid it ourselves. Their size is not a good matchup on the boards for Karaban and Springs if we get in foul trouble.
As a Springs advocate, I resent your denigration of Richie's ability to rebound. Remember, don't sleep on Springs!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom