Oregon press conference | The Boneyard

Oregon press conference

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I lost some respect for Dana Altman watching that video, no credit given to UConn at all, they just all played poorly and shot poorly and didn't execute their offense and even mentioned the free throw advantage for us in the FIRST HALF without mentioning their huge second half advantage until they started fouling us intentionally in the last 30 seconds

what a crybaby

But there is one thing I absolutely loved about all his excuses, it reminded me of the 25 years of excuses I heard about our opponent having "bad days on offense". This team can play defense, and the guards can disrupt our opponent on offense much like Bazz and Boat did in the 2014 post season. Of course, that's going to take consistent effort, but they have potential

PS: Memo to Dana, UConn is better than you, and UConn beat you, and UConn's defense chewed you up and spit you out. Deal with it

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
3FDA1501-12BA-471F-A69B-27F11A852DA2.jpeg

Reaction Score
"17 turnovers", "ball movement", "bad decisions", "disappointed", "bad 3's", "no energy", "bench was disappointing"

POS you said the same things at halftime Dana so nice job coaching your team. You should be as disappointed in yourself because I guess, according to you everything you're saying points to a real crappy adjustment at halftime and time outs you're the one who blows Dana not the kids.

What a joke of an interview, knew he was a but somehow he proves to be much worst.

C

Chief00

It’s a tough loss for him - with all that PK80 stuff and Oregon is out in game1. That’s not how it was suppose to work. They did not match Oregon up in game1 against MSU or Duke. They were matched up against UConn because they were suppose to beat us - based on last season.

Reaction Score
It’s a tough loss for him - with all that PK80 stuff and Oregon is out in game1. That’s not how it was suppose to work. They did not match Oregon up in game1 against MSU or Duke. They were matched up against UConn because they were suppose to beat us - based on last season.

You are absolutely right. They were supposed the beat us. That was the plan.

Reaction Score
Heard it from Tom Izzo on our championship run. "out of body" turnovers was the exact phrase. We've been here before. When East Coast beats West Coast they cry, we take the stairs. Ready for Midnight and some Spartan Pie!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Altman got too much credit for what his team did the last few years. He has the Nike money as well as all the Nike swag for his players - there is an inherent advantage there. Good players produce good results and he had them in past few years.

I would love to hear from all those who on the chat room and game thread who were saying that Altman outcoached KO in the second half. I thought the go at them with one on one from the PG/SG position was key - Oregon does not have the quickness at either position to handle UConn's guards. And all the bithcin about the lack of assists - who was hitting from the outside or looking to shoot from the outside and what big was really allowing themselves to be a target? - Not saying that is what I want to see every game but that style was suited fir the match-up vs Oregon

This was a very good win for this team - I think it will give them some confidence as well as a swagger. Do I expect a victory after midnite vs. MSU? No But I expect we will see a much more energized step than the one we would have seen vs DePaul and the one we saw most of last year.

Reaction Score
They've probably bought some nice recruits with their Nike money, but you still can't buy wins :)

Must have been a little embarrassing with the Nike founder/Oregon alum in the crowd.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Altman got too much credit for what his team did the last few years. He has the Nike money as well as all the Nike swag for his players - there is an inherent advantage there. Good players produce good results and he had them in past few years.

I would love to hear from all those who on the chat room and game thread who were saying that Altman outcoached KO in the second half. I thought the go at them with one on one from the PG/SG position was key - Oregon does not have the quickness at either position to handle UConn's guards. And all the bithcin about the lack of assists - who was hitting from the outside or looking to shoot from the outside and what big was really allowing themselves to be a target? - Not saying that is what I want to see every game but that style was suited fir the match-up vs Oregon

This was a very good win for this team - I think it will give them some confidence as well as a swagger. Do I expect a victory after midnite vs. MSU? No But I expect we will see a much more energized step than the one we would have seen vs DePaul and the one we saw most of last year.
Altman didn’t outcoach Ollie in the second. The refs set the tone with too many whistles from the beginning in the second. Oregon didn’t make a three in the second and we went with 4 guards and larrier at the five for what ~4 minutes? Great game and great win.

Reaction Score
Altman's responsibility is the Oregon Ducks. So his comments are going to be about Oregon. I have no expectations of Altman to discuss or praise UCONN at all. So i dont really care about his lack of praise for our team. He's got his own responsibilities. Which is Oregon.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Oregon also scored I believe 2 baskets after the 11 minute mark?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Altman had his team more ready to play coming out of the locker room. I think that was pretty clear. But we bounced back. Which is more important.

Reaction Score
Glad to see there was no fault found with UConn guys or coaches causing Oregon to poop their pants , it was all self inflicted. We can go to next game with a clear conscious. On to a 3peat against MSU, isn't Izzo the guy whose team has mystery ailments when they play UConn.

Reaction Score
I used to get annoyed by this stuff, but four championships later I just don’t care.

I’m far more concerned with UConn getting back to its winning ways. Let the UNCs and Kentuckys and Dukes worry about whose ass the media’s kissing.
Couldn't agree more. It's inferiority complex to worry about not getting respect. We don't need that crap, we're UConn.

Reaction Score
It very well may be that this isn't worth worrying about, but you know that Roy Williams or Tom Izzo wouldn't say things like the "ball pressure was mediocre." Sadly, I could see Coach K. saying the same thing that Altman said.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He coaches Oregon. Far better coaches than him have said the same in defeat.

Ollie botched the chemistry the last couple years but he's our coaches far better coaches than this guy, though he didn't have to last night.

Adams: KO, they can't stop the pick and roll. At all.

KO: no kidding, keep running it.

End of UConn coaching decisions.

Reaction Score
Altman's responsibility is the Oregon Ducks. So his comments are going to be about Oregon. I have no expectations of Altman to discuss or praise UCONN at all. So i dont really care about his lack of praise for our team. He's got his own responsibilities. Which is Oregon.

True, but it's usually pretty customary to pay at least a passing compliment to the opposing team. Even Izzo begrudgingly gave us credit in 2014 when it was clear that he thought MSU was the better team.

Regardless, the truth is that Oregon did play poorly and if they had hit an extra couple of shots, they would have won. If UConn had lost by a few points, do we think we would have been giving Oregon a ton of credit? Probably not. It was always going to be a game where the loser looked back and kicked themselves for the opportunities they didn't take advantage of. Oregon shot what, 33%? Typically if you're playing well you're going to be up near 40% even against a great defense. But the good teams give you less margin for error and that's what we did last night. We'll need better to beat Michigan State, but as others have said, the fact that we beat Oregon without shooting the ball particularly well is encouraging.

Reaction Score
Didn’t want a pushover (ie DePaul), but didn’t want a early exit, so they thought UConn would give them the best of both...didn’t work out for ya!

Reaction Score
The questions were weak. They should have asked about the teams they faced so far and if they prepared them for a team like Uconn. We were just waaay better than any team they had faced so far.... the jump was too big. Oregon was the best we had played too but the jump wasn't as big for us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Pretty flawed logic then. Our undermanned team played them close in a year when they had the best team they’ve had in the modern era. This year’s Oregon is nowhere near as good, and this year’s UConn is better, even if just by virtue of depth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom