Oregon Defeats Team USA 93-86 | The Boneyard

Oregon Defeats Team USA 93-86

Reaction Score
Wow. What a win for Oregon. Not the best team USA has to put out there but still very impressive.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 7.55.37 PM.png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No really surprising, although I can't remember the last time this happened. Oregon is a very good team man. Nevertheless, DT and the old guard aren't nearly the players they were, and this team surprisingly struggles in the half court, in transition, staying in front of their marks, in rebounding and with their outside shots. But let this be a shot across the bow, Oregon and Baylor are going to be tough to beat at the Ball this year.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
No really surprising, although I can't remember the last time this happened. Oregon is a very good team man. Nevertheless, DT and the old guard aren't nearly the players they were, and this team surprisingly struggles in the half court, in transition, staying in front of their marks, in rebounding and with their outside shots. But let this be a shot across the bow, Oregon and Baylor are going to be tough to beat at the Ball this year.
1999 was the last time it happened...USA lost to Tennessee!

Reaction Score
UConn, Stanford, and Oregon State will beat Oregon this season.
Lol that’s how teams are. They will beat UConn then go get blown out by a team with way less talent.

Reaction Score
Team USA just started practicing together like 2 weeks ago. As good as this Oregon team may be, put them against top tier international competition, they will get blown out.
This same USA team just blew out so called top teams Stanford, Oregon State and Texas A&M. Doubt there is another college team that can stay with them even if they haven't practiced much. Also can't think of any international teams other than the US team that would give the Ducks a game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(Why?). I am a liberty fan !!!!!. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction Score
usa had 3 post players - fowles ogwumike and collier. fowles fouled out in like15 minutes. aja wilson, who is on the team, had a personal obligation/issue.

i have to assume staley isn't there because she had head coaching duty for her college team?

Reaction Score
UConn, Stanford, and Oregon State will beat Oregon this season.
Could happen but earth may not be flat also! I think the only one of those teams that has a prayer against Oregon is Stanford.

Reaction Score
Very bad coaching from USA tonight. I also love how USA Basketball did an entire campaign about being committed to USA Basketball, but has Dawn Staley as their Head Coach who isn’t there.
Was unable to view the game. Who coached the USA team?

Reaction Score
Evidentley Aja Wilson had a death of a loved one and will be out for a little while.

Article on Swish Appeal: USA roster updates: Due to the death of a loved one, A’ja Wilson will be away from the national team until their upcoming games in Argentina.

Reaction Score
Let's give Oregon their props, they played against WNBA players and won. They were down 11(?) at one point and didn't fold, that deserves acknowledgement. They are a very good team and they all played and contributed. It's going to be very difficult to beat them, especially if they shoot like they did from the perimeter. I've watched Baylor play and they rely on size more than anything, Oregon has that AND solid perimeter scoring. It'll take a really bad day for Oregon and a great day for the opponent for them to lose. Congrats to Oregon. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Credit to Oregon. They’re going to be tough to beat. Having said that, Elena Delle Donne and A’ja Wilson were missing from USA’s core 8, but no excuses!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This was horrible for USA against a team that plays very little D, they out scored USA which is why we normally rule the world. This group tonight is just a bad mixture of players, they don’t work together at either end. All the critics of Geno need to suck it. He had groups who could switch on D and played with more pride and smarter. Sorry but DT needs to retire. Sue can be the 1 leader and experience, we don’t need 9 old, who haven’t played in months, who have no position or I am gonna keep them around around players on this team. Geno needs to take over the realms and pick and put together a group that will play together with heart, can switch, are long at all positions and who will be smart and unselfish. This is for international ball and they are long and smart.

Reaction Score
Begs the question of whether Diana and Sue just aren't spry enough for international ball. The USA team committed over 20 fouls, suggesting that they have lost a step and were fouling the quicker players. And those older players were not able to force more than a handful of turnovers. This was an all-star team of pros.

Really says something about the talent of Oregon, and also perhaps the age factor of Team USA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom