Oregon (3) @ Michigan St - 12/09/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oregon (3) @ Michigan St - 12/09/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Well if Oregon can’t handle her, what are they going to do with Howard and McCowan?

I don't think they can stop them. Plus the defense of the guards of Miss State might really stifle this offense of Oregon.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Michigan St. thoroughly outplayed Oregon, but the Ducks almost stole this one.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Win by Mich St over a more talented Oregon team. Now Oregon will have to beat Miss ST to have a chance at a #1 seed. Who knows maybe the B1G is not as bad as many thought. Does Maryland have competition for the B1G Championship?

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Tough loss Oregon. But gotta be more than 2 (or 3?) out of 5 starters showing up for a team with thin depth.

Reaction Score
Oregon is a not very good defensive team and don’t seem athletic or agile or is just this game. Everything for them is offense.

I thought those same two things when I watched them play Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Why is SC ranked 23 with 5-4 record and Mich State 7-1, now 8-1, unranked. Seems like we need some different experts!
Let’s not even go there:eek:!

Reaction Score
Some very glaring things were made obvious today... Not only is Oregon's entire team slow footed, but they, like a lot of teams, have no answer for dribble drive offense, tend to fold when the game is physical, have no dribble drive offense of their own and have a couple players who disappear on both sides of the ball when playing in a competitive environment. This team has a lot of talent, but it seems they have not stepped beyond the level they reached last year. The Sabally girl was nowhere to be found in this game or the Syracuse game and seems like she is unable to contribute inside the 3 point line. Boley is one dimensional and their ability to be satisfied with only the perimeter game for long stretches does not bode well for them against any team that will play solid perimeter defense. Of course, this reflective of a lot of west coast teams that star perimeter oriented players. It will be interesting to see how they compete against MSST, a team that does not shoot well from the perimeter, but is physical and scores a lot off the dribble drive. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I watched the entire game and Michigan State was the better team today. They looked solid. Oregon is good but never seemed to get in a rhythm. Ionescu and Boley were good, the rest of the team didn’t come to play. I won’t count them out though, a tough team for anyone to play.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Shanna Allen was very impressive in this game. I agree with @MikeBlue on Oregon's pace being suspect and that includes ESPN's anointed POY in waiting who was not a terribly good ball distributor today and anyone looking at "the film" will conclude her shoot goes wonky under pressure.

Reaction Score
5 assists isn’t too bad, but Cazorla functioned as the main distributor today with 11 assists.

Reaction Score
Why is SC ranked 23 with 5-4 record and Mich State 7-1, now 8-1, unranked. Seems like we need some different experts!

Yeah I cant believe the experts weren't impressed by wins over Bowling Green, East Tennessee, Wright St, Kennesaw St, Texas Southern, Oakland, and a terrible UVa.

(common opponent ETSU: Mich St 75-53, SC 101-55.)

They'll be ranked now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This team has a lot of talent, but it seems they have not stepped beyond the level they reached last year.

They've gone backward from last year. They were a well oiled machine last year, now it looks like something is off. Ball movement is not as good. Only lost 1 starter but this is not the same team. Probably miss some of the players that transferred out as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom