OR vs MD game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OR vs MD game thread

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Remember when Geno called a time out or took a clock violation so Muffet could wake up for her Seniors?
Yeah. Another difference between a good coach and a great one.

Reaction Score
I really like I, she is a wonderful talent.

I think uconn team defense will limit her over dribbling.

Happy Maryland lost, there coach is annoying although there assistant coach has potential.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
From the looks of her current roster and incoming freshmen MD doesn't seem to be much of a threat until Austin comes in 2018. Frese will never forget a QFinal game where her team didn't make a single 3 and her seniors failed to lift them and execute through adversity.
9 points, 3 assists with 5 turnovers (21 overall) by Slocom didn't help the situation. Let's give Oregon credit here, I am very impressed with the coach and team composure. Too bad the Clock strikes 12 on Monday at 7 PM...:)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Shocked at this result. Thought Maryland had the superior talent and their experience would win this game. Where was the Destiny Slocum that was fearless against UConn in front of their home crowd? She played like a freshmen today and at no time did I think she was trying to take over the game to bring Maryland back into the game.

Have to first beat UCLA before we start any conversations about UConn vs Oregon.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Quackettes! Their reward...right coast Huskies in the Elite 8. I guess Maryland was depressed because their fans couldn't figure out how to click onto StubHub.

Reaction Score
The interviews to open the game had I believe Frese and some players talking about playing Uconn again......How embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Hallelujah! Oregon is a worthy opponent for Uconn (assuming and I hope that Uconn beats UCLA). As a many have posted, Maryland was outcoached and outplayed. They came here all the way across country welcoming the opportunity to play. Hats off to Oregon.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Indeed. Force Ionescu to dribble drive. Make her give up the ball. Box out and make OU's guards defend. And work inside out to Jones. Take advantage of OU's inexperience inside. Push the pace. OU has been playing a lot of hurry up and wait. Make them hurry up on both ends.

Just as an FYI, it's UO not OU. The latter is Oklahoma University.

Reaction Score
Great game plan and execution by Oregon. They also played great defense, but in total, Maryland choked!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
This game looks over. MD has turned the ball over 17x. They've stuck to the 2/3 which has allowed OU to shoot and hit open 3's. Kimbrough has looked terrible. Slocum has looked average.
Seventeen turnovers and Oregon got their hands on a lot of passes. Channeling Chong. The Gift of Gabby.

Reaction Score
Am curious why everyone is so quick to say that MD was outcoached or choked.
Is it not possible that Oregon's players, you know, played better?

OR played their game - MD could not dictate tempo because of it and that was the game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not bad for the 5th best team from the Pac 12. Hopefully somebody from the Pac gets Maryland in the Tourney every year, that seems to be working out pretty well lately.

Reaction Score
I said from day one that Maryland was overrated, now they can stop worrying about uconn. :)

Reaction Score
Congrats Oregon! Well deserved.....have to say this, after the UCONN/MD game a number of posters were wondering aloud if Slocum was the #1 PG recruit vs Crystal Dangerfield.....ain't no way

Reaction Score
Am curious why everyone is so quick to say that MD was outcoached or choked.
Is it not possible that Oregon's players, you know, played better?
There is no question, Oregon was the better team. Period. How anyone could arrive at a different conclusion, I would love to hear the supporting evidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom