Open Schollie | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Open Schollie

Reaction Score
There is nothing to wait and see on, it's just one or two yard members under new handles having some fun at the expense of Chief. We aren't a realistic option for Cliff O. in '20 or '19.

Huh... thought we offered the kid. Are you frustrated with the newbies having fun or is the kid’s mind already made up and he’s a “next”? Maybe both? Lol idk anymore.

Reaction Score
There is nothing to wait and see on, it's just one or two yard members under new handles having some fun at the expense of Chief. We aren't a realistic option for Cliff O. in '20 or '19.
There's a new article up on 247Sports on Cliff Omoruyi. Anyone have a subscription and want to give us a rundown?

Reaction Score

Based on what? Who is a better option for him in '19?

Reaction Score
Nope, I still think it was the right thing to do. But it doesn't matter, Hurley didn't think so and he'll build the program back up this way

It's fine that Hurley didn't want to give the appearance of running off KO's guys.

But I hope going forward that he's willing, with his own recruits, to have frank conversations with kids who turn out not to be cut out for this level, especially with how prevalent transfers are these days.

The last thing we need as a program is to have scholarships tied up for multiple years in guys who we know aren't going to give us anything. JC was great at this (except for making sure the academic boxes were ticked on their way out) without being malicious or exploitative.

Reaction Score
It's fine that Hurley didn't want to give the appearance of running off KO's guys.

But I hope going forward that he's willing, with his own recruits, to have frank conversations with kids who turn out not to be cut out for this level, especially with how prevalent transfers are these days.

The last thing we need as a program is to have scholarships tied up for multiple years in guys who we know aren't going to give us anything. JC was great at this (except for making sure the academic boxes were ticked on their way out) without being malicious or exploitative.

I’m in the side that thinks DH handled this almost perfectly. There is a difference between having tact and being a pushover. I have no doubt that DH can have the tough discussions as he demonstrates consistently that he is tough, passionate and quite boisterous. He is definitely not soft. Not saying you or others are saying that but he is following his path of integrity which I think will pay off with better recruiting down the road.

C

Chief00

But we will always have the urinal moment - LOL

Reaction Score

But it’s a matter of the next step. Anyone who’s paid attention to Hurley knows that he can be pretty honest and blunt but is also a good communicator. He’s had those types of conversations with players over the years- laid out how he sees a guy’s abilities and if or how they fit into what he wants to accomplish as a coach. He’s pretty much said I don’t see how you get minutes at this level. That’s a pretty frank conversation.

If a guy chooses to stay anyway, there’s two ways to handle it, and that is where opinions vary on what is the appropriate next step at the collegiate level.

Reaction Score
There's a new article up on 247Sports on Cliff Omoruyi. Anyone have a subscription and want to give us a rundown?

He was jumping up and down he was so excited about Calapari offering him a scholarship to kentucky. I don't have a great feeling that we are getting him to huskies.

C

Chief00

Lol.. Chief still bending spoons.
The grind never ends. If someone is looking for something easy that requires little work - try something else. Cheering on the coaches to close step two this summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom