Open Practice..... Sunday, August 4. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Open Practice..... Sunday, August 4.

Reaction Score
Anybody know how Russ Dixon is holding up so far? He's the newest member that officially committed for this Fall a week ago....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Anybody know how Russ Dixon is holding up so far? He's the newest member that officially committed for this Fall a week ago....

I'll be honest I didn't notice him on the field, but my guess he will need time to get up to speed.

Reaction Score
Anybody have any updates on one of the all football name on our team frosh DL Dalmont Gourdine ? How did he do? I keep thinking a poor man's Jadaveon Clowney about this kid... Which would be huge for DL rotation if not this year, but at least in 2020 and beyond...
Not sure but I like his BIO, upon looking closer he has Big Papi looks and smirk, with a much less conservative do. See link below.
Not on the roster yet, maybe still going through the paper work process...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'll be honest I didn't notice him on the field, but my guess he will need time to get up to speed.
Maybe he was wearing Brett Graham's uni

Reaction Score
Are you basing that on just how bad they were last year or in something you saw yesterday at the practice?
I am partially joking, partially. It was an early August open practice, so take it with several grains of salt. On a couple of plays the guys still looked young. So slow thinking on gaps and edges instead of insticts. But experience will change that.

But the tendency for arm tackles without wrapping....... but it was an early August open practice

Reaction Score
Not sure but I like his BIO, upon looking closer he has Big Papi looks and smirk, with a much less conservative do. See link below.
Not on the roster yet, maybe still going through the paper work process...

From a Neil Ostrout report: “Newcomer Russell Dixon, recruited as an “athlete,” was working with the tight ends.”

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Do want to give a thumbs up to the marketing and fan engagement team, specifically Corrie Shantz and Stephen Hanjack.

I'm from out of state and wasn't sure until early last week if I'd be in the New England area. When I went to the RSVP link I got an error message, so I emailed Corrie asking if the event was sold out. She put me in touch with Stephen, who messaged me back that evening that the event had been sold out but they'd have no problem adding me and my parents to the event list. Smart move and classy thing to do for an open field event with plenty of space.

Open practice was great. Biggest thing I noticed was several of the DLine freshman looked big enough to play and the OLine freshmen had big frames to add strength. Had an unexpected family emergency and had to bolt a bit after 4pm so really didn't catch much other than the first two drills and stretching.

Reaction Score
From a Neil Ostrout report: “Newcomer Russell Dixon, recruited as an “athlete,” was working with the tight ends.”
That's what I speculated in his signing thread, but he's going to need a redshirt year and at least 25 lbs (assuming he's at the 202 that was reported) in order to be even a move tight end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom