Open Practice..... Sunday, August 4. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Open Practice..... Sunday, August 4.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
One freshman that wasn't talked about that I thought looked good was defensive back Myles Bell from Florida. He made a couple of nice pass break-ups. He looks the part at cornerback.
Cameron Ross is very quick in and out of cuts and may not start but I can see him playing.
Dillon Harris plays fast from what I saw and made a couple of nice tackles in the backfield during the practice.
Harrell made a serious hit on Ross and decleated him on the sideline.
Beaudry has a good arm and made a coupe of excellent throws and looked the part, but again it is just preseason.

Today was a fun day and good to see some football being played.

Reaction Score
Here is what I saw from the QB's today

Beaudry looks lean and has a cannon and made a bunch of really good throws. He also worked through his progressions.

Krajewski has the slightest build but the talent is there. He did well today.

Leon - didn't take any snaps while I was there. He might still be learning the playbook and he wasn't injured.

Zergiotis is the shortest of the group but displayed a very accurate and strong arm. He made some great throws and others that you would expect from a freshman. There is something to work with there.

Whalers barbs about the defense are understandable- except for one thing - the guys look bigger and faster and there were less large gaps than previous practices. Spanos has this defense playing better- I have been to the practices for years and I trust my own eyes- this is better than last years D. By Far.

Reaction Score
Its early but our wide receivers do look faster as group then last year. Beaudry and Krajewski looks to be battling for the starting job at quarterback. Our linebackers are going to completely different than the group we had last year. I was surprise to see Jackson Mitchell playing a lot with the starters. Things are changing and hopefully for the better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
With that noted ... graduate transfer Mike Beaudry and redshirt freshman Steven Krajewski both saw significant first-team snaps at quarterback Sunday. While both players had good moments and bad ones, Krajewski pulled off one of the plays of the day: a 75-yard touchdown pass to wide receiver Ardell Brown late in practice that soared about 50 yards in the air. :)

Reaction Score
Anybody have any updates on one of the all football name on our team frosh DL Dalmont Gourdine ? How did he do? I keep thinking a poor man's Jadaveon Clowney about this kid... Which would be huge for DL rotation if not this year, but at least in 2020 and beyond...

Reaction Score

If Edsall can bring a team full of young men like this to the program we'll be a winner not only on the field but in helping to send a message about what UConn means in life as well as sports. He typifies what Edsall talks about wanting in his players. Committed, well spoken, and excited about the changes that have been made over the past couple years.

Reaction Score
The weather was perfect. I liked what I saw in drills from Heron Maurisseau.

If there any teams on our schedule who actually run the ball, we may be in trouble.
Are you basing that on just how bad they were last year or in something you saw yesterday at the practice?

Reaction Score
Its early but our wide receivers do look faster as group then last year. Beaudry and Krajewski looks to be battling for the starting job at quarterback. Our linebackers are going to completely different than the group we had last year. I was surprise to see Jackson Mitchell playing a lot with the starters. Things are changing and hopefully for the better.
I thought Tyler Coyle looked bigger than last year. They list him at 6'1" 205 and he is not wearing shoulder pads, next to Dillon Harris who they list at 6'1" 225.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know how the new kids like Jaylen Jones and Jackson Mitchell are doing in practice thus far?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Jaylen Jones appeared dinged up and did not practice.

Reaction Score
Jaylen Jones actually got hurt early in the practice doing one of defensive drills. He had a ice bag one of his knees but said he was fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom