OOC Scheduling philosophy going forward | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OOC Scheduling philosophy going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this just an example for one season, or something you would like to see every year? I think it would get quite boring to see Pitt, BC and 'Cuse every year. Playing 'Cuse every 3 years or so would be cool.
Nah. Cuse needs to be yearly. It’s one of the premier rivalries in the sport and it’s on life support right now. A three year rotation of a home/home then the third year at MSG is perfect. Wouldn’t mind playing Pitt, UConn should never give BC the luxury of playing them.

Reaction Score
Nah. Cuse needs to be yearly. It’s one of the premier rivalries in the sport and it’s on life support right now. A three year rotation of a home/home then the third year at MSG is perfect. Wouldn’t mind playing Pitt, UConn should never give BC the luxury of playing them.

Pitt's garbage though now. Wouldnt mind playing Louisville too.

Reaction Score
At least one major opponent would have been good. The rest of the field at Atlantis is going to already be battle tested... The first game may be a bit of a wakeup call to the team. If they can't get into that next level gear quickly in the first game, it could cause issues. (luckily they've been playing hard and not taking it easy against the cupcakes... but it's still a different animal)
Agreed. It would have been nice to have that third game against a top 100 opponent. In that case, there would have been time to make adjustments and try them out before the tournament. As things are, they will have no time to adjust if they learn against Auburn that something they have been doing won't work against higher-caliber competition. Could end up with two or three losses when a differently constructed schedule could have had them in position to have one or zero losses.

Reaction Score
Pitt's garbage though now. Wouldnt mind playing Louisville too.
Eh yeah but when us and Georgetown were trash a few years ago the XL was still packed. Familiar names will draw a crowd and even when they’re bad they should still be top 150. They’ll be better once they fire Capel. But yeah Louisville would be fun too.

Reaction Score
I am not so thrilled with the OOC schedule either. But the idea that we don't know what this team can do is ludicrous. We play 9 guys and only 1 freshman. Most of them are upperclassmen.
I am not as worried as my last post might make it seem. I was probably being unnecessarily melodramatic. That being said, even though there are very few new bodies, the team is quite different from last year in terms of roles, playing time, and chemistry. I am sure that there are still bugs to work out that won't show themselves until they play top-tier opponents. It would have been nice to have discovered and begun to address said bugs before becoming stranded on an island with no practice time/facilities available.

Reaction Score
I am not so thrilled with the OOC schedule either. But the idea that we don't know what this team can do is ludicrous. We play 9 guys and only 1 freshman. Most of them are upperclassmen.
Yeah, but how is this gonna look if we don’t look up to play auburn tomorrow and our first four “tune-up” games were literally ranked 358/358 in terms of difficulty.

Reaction Score
I don’t love our schedule but I am far from worried about the team being unprepared for B4A

Reaction Score
Yeah, but how is this gonna look if we don’t look up to play auburn tomorrow and our first four “tune-up” games were literally ranked 358/358 in terms of difficulty.

That's exactly why I wanted a couple of 100-200 ranked games instead of this level of cupcake. I just don't think it's really fair to say we don't know what this team can bring. Anybody whose been watching us the past few years knows what Cole, Rese, Gaff, Polley, Whaley, Sanogo, and probably even Jackson at this point. The question marks are Akok and Hawkins.

Reaction Score
That's exactly why I wanted a couple of 100-200 ranked games instead of this level of cupcake. I just don't think it's really fair to say we don't know what this team can bring. Anybody whose been watching us the past few years knows what Cole, Rese, Gaff, Polley, Whaley, Sanogo, and probably even Jackson at this point. The question marks are Akok and Hawkins.

Yeah I don't love the quality of the opponents to date heading into Atlantis but this team is both deep and mature. They are going to throw waves of guys at people with a quality depth not a lot of teams can match. I think Hawkins brings it because he's surrounded by vets. I don't expect them to ____ the bed at the first sight of Auburn. To the contrary, it wouldn't surprise me if they pounded them. I expect certain guys to play noticeably better than they have against the cupcakes.

(Me saying this pretty much guarantees they're down 17 at the first media timeout.)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They have played against better competition recently in those secret scrimmages so Auburn won't be a shock to the system. And I still think it was good to have this team come together in low pressure games, especially after losing their top guy. If this team was a racehorse I would declare it "Fit and ready to win".

Reaction Score

I don't disagree, it's just that regardless of how much experience you bring back, that first game against a good opponent is always a little different when you haven't done it in 8+ months. It's not so much about the chemistry as it is the level of competition and effort the opposing team is bringing and making sure they remember how to bring it on their end too.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think we all agree this can't happen again. We love to clown on programs like Duke and Cuse for how soft they have always been with scheduling, but I doubt either have ever been dead last through 4 games. Find a quality P5 team that wants a H/H, Florida is probably my first choice for non rivals, Texas and their hype with Chris Beard, and finally maybe the Warde connection could help us lock up Michigan. I love the idea of H/H/MSG with Cuse, but you know either us or them will be too afraid.

Also, never give BCU the time of day. Being in a hockey conference with them pisses me off.

Reaction Score
The schedule has been unusually weak through 4 games but saying we're dead last in SOS is a bit disingenuous. We're dead last because our MTE hasn't started yet and there's a bunch that have started and some have already concluded. It's comparing apples to oranges

Reaction Score
The schedule has been unusually weak through 4 games but saying we're dead last in SOS is a bit disingenuous. We're dead last because our MTE hasn't started yet and there's a bunch that have started and some have already concluded. It's comparing apples to oranges
Good point, but we've been near the bottom all season. In any event, I just noticed the ranking and wanted to share it. I didn't mean for it to support any kind of larger agenda.

Reaction Score
Not really. We were 353/358 before any MTEs started I believe, which is very close to dead last anyway.

Reaction Score
A three year rotation of a home/home then the third year at MSG is perfect.
that is perfect but i'd settle for a game against Cuse at MSG every year like xavier v. osu or marquette v. wisconsin on neutral floors.
My guess is @Florida
why do we keep playing UF? i wouldn't say no obviously but let's mix it up a bit more if we can.

Reaction Score
There are tons of people on the board who believe we’ve really improved from last year based upon our games played so far, so I don‘t think it’s disingenuous at all to point out it’s the worst collection teams anyone has faced.

Reaction Score
that is perfect but i'd settle for a game against Cuse at MSG every year like xavier v. osu or marquette v. wisconsin on neutral floors.

why do we keep playing UF? i wouldn't say no obviously but let's mix it up a bit more if we can.
I think we still have a pending game with them that was supposed to be played last year but was canceled.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Whatever we do going forward, someone here will bitch about it. Win the games you play and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom