OOC Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OOC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Play local god damn it. Play local. Make Northeast Basketball fun again! #MNEBFA

Syracuse
Boston College
St. John's
Providence
Villanova
Georgetown
Seton Hall
Pittsburgh

There is no reason to play any team outside the Northeast. That group above provides way more than enough Q1, Q2, Q3 matchups yearly. It keeps the region exciting, draws attendance, and eyeballs.

I swear it's time that all the top NE teams make a scheduling alliance. DO IT! Cut the crap. Save Northeast basketball before it goes down the drain like NE College football

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I swear it's time that all the top NE teams make a scheduling alliance. DO IT! Cut the crap. Save Northeast basketball before it goes down the drain like NE College football

Won't happen. No desire to.

Reaction Score
Cuse
Bc
Nova
Gtown
St. John’s
Zona
Texas
LSU
Fla
Any 6 of those. Preferable 2 OBE and 3 national games.

Reaction Score
Uconn vs St. John’s (if both continue to improve) might put northeast hoops back on map.

Reaction Score
Won't happen. No desire to.

Our f'cking adminstrators and respective fan bases can't get past their egos to understand that the game is better when they play each other without regard to who actually wins. Play the game and everyone wins!

As soon as someone start winning consistently they want foolish demands like 2 for 1s.... or neutral sites... blah blah. Play the game!

Something I respect from Villanova admins is that they have yet to destroy the Philadelphia Big 5 setup even though they have won a couple of national championships. A lot of their fans want to destroy it. But the admins know that Philadelphia (and everyone involved) wins when the Big 5 is played yearly in a H & H setup

Reaction Score
I would like to see an OOC schedule look something like this (assuming 13 non conference games):
-3 games for Pre-season tourney (2 of which are usually against P5 competition i.e. Syracuse and Iowa this year)
-4 games vs OBE/P5 (some combo of: Cuse, Nova, Providence, St. Johns, Pitt, WVU, Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Ohio St., Michigan St.; mix in neutral sites with at least 1 true away, 1 true home game)
-3 games vs "mid major" competition (some combo of:URI, Yale, Dayton, St. Bonnies, Buffalo or really any other A10/CAA school; maybe 1 of these on the road)
-3 games vs "low-major" competition (some combo of: CCSU, UNH, UVM, UHart, QU, Sacred Heart or any other regionally located school.

I think attendance might benefit some from a more regionally based OOC, even the "tune up games." Although these "tune up" games are sparsely attended, I'd like to think the crowd would be a little bit better if, say, we played CCSU at XL rather than Lafayette or Umass-Lowell.

I like this but I do not know if this schedule is feasible with conferences expanding conference games OOC games are harder to come by.

Here is how I would do it (if possible), based on this year's schedule:
  1. Morehead State (fine)
  2. UMKC (fine)
  3. 2K Classic (good)
  4. 2K Classic (good)
  5. Additional Game in normal Preseason Tourney (replaces Cornell)
  6. New Hampshire --> instead replace with Big East Opponent
  7. UMass - Lowell --> one of Hartford, Yale, Quinnipiac
  8. Arizona (great)
  9. Lafayette --> instead replace with P5 Opponent
  10. Florida State (great)
  11. Manhattan --> one of URI, UMass (either buy game or do a 2-for-1)
  12. Drexel (fine)
  13. Villanova (great)
3 cupcakes (was 8)
2 games v. local schools that are borderline cupcakes but should be more challenging (was 0)
3 games in Preseason Tourney (at least 2 v. good P5/Big East) (was 2)
5 more games v. good P5/Big East opponents (was 3)

zls44

Reaction Score
All of the other conferences are going to 20 game schedules, you guys better get ready to see more Morehead State and less Syracuse.

zls44

Reaction Score
Our f'cking adminstrators and respective fan bases can't get past their egos to understand that the game is better when they play each other without regard to who actually wins. Play the game and everyone wins!

The ACC is going to 20 games. So Syracuse and Pitt and BC will be playing more often.

They'll be playing everyone else less, too.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'd like to see us play 1-2 road games against teams that will wind up in the top 100 NET. For instance...

@ Yale (65) would be a Q1 win with a most likely pro-UConn crowd
@ Vermont (66) would also be a Q1 win in a local game.

Always a believed if you can win your first game on the road it helps immensely with the rest of the season on the road. Both those games would be winnable while also helping the overall NCAA profile for the team. Even playing those teams at home is a Q2 win.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I like this but I do not know if this schedule is feasible with conferences expanding conference games OOC games are harder to come by.

Here is how I would do it (if possible), based on this year's schedule:
  1. Morehead State (fine)
  2. UMKC (fine)
  3. 2K Classic (good)
  4. 2K Classic (good)
  5. Additional Game in normal Preseason Tourney (replaces Cornell)
  6. New Hampshire --> instead replace with Big East Opponent
  7. UMass - Lowell --> one of Hartford, Yale, Quinnipiac
  8. Arizona (great)
  9. Lafayette --> instead replace with P5 Opponent
  10. Florida State (great)
  11. Manhattan --> one of URI, UMass (either buy game or do a 2-for-1)
  12. Drexel (fine)
  13. Villanova (great)
3 cupcakes (was 8)
2 games v. local schools that are borderline cupcakes but should be more challenging (was 0)
3 games in Preseason Tourney (at least 2 v. good P5/Big East) (was 2)
5 more games v. good P5/Big East opponents (was 3)

As a fan, this would be incredible but probably need a few more seasons before we could pull this off. Coaching staff wants / needs those cupcakes the next year, maybe two, in order to keep developing this team and culture back to the level we all expect. That schedule would be one of the toughest in the country but provide so much entertainment value.

Reaction Score
As a fan, this would be incredible but probably need a few more seasons before we could pull this off. Coaching staff wants / needs those cupcakes the next year, maybe two, in order to keep developing this team and culture back to the level we all expect. That schedule would be one of the toughest in the country but provide so much entertainment value.

You're probably right. In the short term, 8 cupcakes are too many and Hurley will probably at least bring that down 6.

Reaction Score
For those asking for ASU, I'm pretty sure Bobby has said that he does not want to play his brother.

Reaction Score

Good buy game. NJIT is usually pretty decent.
They started the year 13-3, but had trouble navigating a better than usual A-Sun with Liberty and Lipscomb playing well, North Florida solid and FGCU always respectable.

NJIT returns three starters, including their best player last year, lead guard Zach Cooks who is just 5'9 155, but averaged 17.6/4.8/2.1 plus 2.5 steals last season so it's possible it could be a decent game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom