OOC Schedule | The Boneyard

OOC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Saw a @Storrs South tweet that made me start thinking about scheduling. What are your top 5 series you would like to see UConn start up (Or begin again), that make the most sense for the program right now? My list is as follows:

1. Providence
2. Gonzaga (With good P6 OOC matchups becoming scarce, this just makes sense)
3. Pitt
4. Syracuse (H and H, not just MSG)
5. Michigan State

Reaction Score
With all the travel in the AAC, I'd like to keep the OOC more local.

1. Extend Cuse (MSG or H&H)
2. Providence (Mohegan or H&H)
3. St Johns
4. Maryland
5. Pitt or WVU

Also, play Vermont & Yale in place of the Manhattan/Lowell/Cornell buy games.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
I think a home and home with St. John's could be the move. Not only does it boost the value of season tickets, it also gives us another game at MSG.

I hope we renew our series with Nova once it's over because it has gotten sell outs each game so far, and gives us good CBS coverage.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Syracuse
Villanova
Georgetown
Louisville
Marquette

Obviously, we've had games recently against a couple of those teams, but I hope we keep it up. UConn has kept up good scheduling against big programs (Syracuse, Villanova, Arizona, Florida, Florida State, etc.). Just swap out some of those 250+ teams for some 100-150 teams and that'd be great. It'd obviously be great to have OOC games against Michigan State, UNC, Kentucky, etc. Gonzaga is a pretty good idea, although we might need a year or two for that.

Providence and St. John's are fine for less home run but more local matchups. Maybe URI, Rutgers, or Seton Hall as well.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'd love an H&H vs Pitt for selfish reasons.

Wouldn't mind scheduling BC once we're back on track and know we can beat the living crap out of them.

Otherwise, don't much care as long as it bumps up our RPI/NET.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Duke
Cuse
Michigan St
UNC
Kentucky

Stop overthinking this. We didn't care about the rest of the C7 when they were in the Big East. Why should we care about PC now?

OOC serves one and only one purposes. Quality win opportunities and big TV games.

You guys remember those, the one's that don't start at 9:13 because the Old Dominion game ran long on Thursday night?

Reaction Score
Please limit to 5 cupcakes, 3 game pre-season tourney, 3 BE teams & 2 other high quality opponents. Would love to play St. Johns, Nova, G'Town on a regular basis.

Also I agree about Michigan State, dislike everything about them including Izzo.

Reaction Score
I would keep it in the Northeast, since the team travels enough in the AAC.
Syracuse, H & H then MSG
UBC H & H
Providence H & H then Uncasville
Rutgers H & H
St Johns H & H

I agree. Keep it regional. Here’s a deep list.

H&H
Cuse/Nova
Providence/StJohns
GTown/Marquette
WVU/LVille/Maryland
ND/Indiana

Reaction Score
I think the following are within reason until the program improves (i.e. assuming Duke, Kansas, UNC, etc. are out of the question even at MSG for now):
  1. Providence
  2. Syracuse (Home and Home, not MSG)
  3. Pitt
  4. St. John's
  5. Georgetown
  6. Nova
  7. Texas
  8. LSU (Tremont)
  9. Maryland (although they may want MSG/Barclays type deal again)
  10. Arizona State (Bobby Hurley)

Reaction Score
I agree. Keep it regional. Here’s a deep list.

H&H
Cuse/Nova
Providence/StJohns
GTown/Marquette
WVU/LVille/Maryland
ND/Indiana
Hurley has mentioned his desire to keep the OOC regional as well because of AAC travel. We can expect a true road game in November/December next season nearby.

Reaction Score
I agree that, in general, you keep it regional but if a Kansas, UNC etc come calling you pick up the phone.

1000% selfishly, I would love to see a H&H with Georgia Tech or UGA.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Duke
Kentucky
UNC
Kansas
Syracuse

And yes, one of those does not belong. But the rivalry is too good.

Reaction Score
Talk about adding Duke, UNC or Kentucky... c’mon man. If I want to go to their house I wanna WIN. We’re just not there yet. Hopefully in the next 2-3 years we can add them assuming Hurley’s recruiting game is on point in 2020 and 2021*, players buy into the system, and we get into consistent 25 wins/year.

*Damn I feel old.

Reaction Score
Keep it up with
-Nova
-Zona

Start it up with
-St Johns
-Providence
-Rhode Island
-Gtown

Long distance
-Arizona St, who does not want to see that?
-Indiana
-UCLA
-Kansas
-Virginia
-Zags

On the flip side, I do not want to play, screw you guys
-Cuse: You guys don't want to play Uconn? Think you are too good? Fine, moving on, keep pretending that nonsense is true, screw you.
-BC (can go straight to h.....and always be known as Uconn's whipping boy who are too cowardly to even try to win a few vs the Huskies, aka afraid of the competition because they suck so much).
-Rutgers: Go relish as the permanent b10 basement trolls you are.
Lville

Indifferent, don't care either way.
-Shall
-Vtech
-wvu

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wish they start something up with St Johns next season if we cant get a game at MSG.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I'd like to see us play Yale most years. They're always one of the better teams in the Ivy, and some years (like this year), would make for a good OOC opponent. This would be one of those games against teams in the 100-150 range as someone mentioned earlier.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
PC, Duke or Cuse - only if at MSG
Kentucky - H and H
Nova - H and H
St Johns - H and H (only if their H is MSG)
Gtown - H and H
Virginia - H and H

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I would like to see an OOC schedule look something like this (assuming 13 non conference games):
-3 games for Pre-season tourney (2 of which are usually against P5 competition i.e. Syracuse and Iowa this year)
-4 games vs OBE/P5 (some combo of: Cuse, Nova, Providence, St. Johns, Pitt, WVU, Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Ohio St., Michigan St.; mix in neutral sites with at least 1 true away, 1 true home game)
-3 games vs "mid major" competition (some combo of:URI, Yale, Dayton, St. Bonnies, Buffalo or really any other A10/CAA school; maybe 1 of these on the road)
-3 games vs "low-major" competition (some combo of: CCSU, UNH, UVM, UHart, QU, Sacred Heart or any other regionally located school.

I think attendance might benefit some from a more regionally based OOC, even the "tune up games." Although these "tune up" games are sparsely attended, I'd like to think the crowd would be a little bit better if, say, we played CCSU at XL rather than Lafayette or Umass-Lowell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom