Onuorah | The Boneyard

Onuorah

Reaction Score
We need Cobb to be healthy. He's our best option right now at the 5. He can provide a little bit of offense and he's a pretty good passer. Onuorah does little well

Reaction Score
Didn't see the entire game and looked at the box score. Yikes.

0 points, 0 Reb, 0 assists, 0 blocks and 3 fouls from our starting fwd. Head bang

Reaction Score
I'm surprised how unequipped Onuorah is to play at this level. I know he played at an Ivy League school but at least that's D1. He really shouldn't be playing. When Cobb gets healthy I suspect you won't see Onuorah at all.

Reaction Score
Cobb and MD are so much better. Ya, they do some things wrong, but nothing egregious.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Cobb, Diarra, Carlton and Larrier need to split as many minutes as possible at the 4 & 5. Whaley maybe 5 min max. Need to get these guys to cut down on fouls

Reaction Score
I wonder what the +/- was when he was on the floor
LOL. Dude had 3 fouls in 7 minutes. Was he even on the floor long enough to register a +/-?

Smh.

Reaction Score
We need Cobb to be healthy. He's our best option right now at the 5. He can provide a little bit of offense and he's a pretty good passer. Onuorah does little well

I can see Cobb and Diarra in the lineup from the start, especially now that we do not have Gilbert. I like the 3 guard lineup but with only 3 guards we need to have other lineups obviously, between rest and foul trouble they can't be on the floor all night. Cobb is tough down low, good hands can rebound the ball and even passes it pretty well. Need him healthy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm curious what anyone on the staff could have seen in him to think he could play here. Even if you assume we're moderately desirable there had to be someone better than him to take a C spot for a year

Reaction Score
I'd be tempted to go with Whaley over him.
Was thinking that too. The investment is better as Dave is gone. There is a place for him. He just needs to screen and board. Maybe play 2 4s instead of a 5.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm curious what anyone on the staff could have seen in him to think he could play here. Even if you assume we're moderately desirable there had to be someone better than him to take a C spot for a year
The key is the last three words of your post. He would never have been recruited as a 4 year player. He filled an opening with another serviceable body without tying up a scholarship for 3 or 4 years, and is a useful practice player, if nothing else.

Reaction Score
The key is the last three words of your post. He would never have been recruited as a 4 year player. He filled an opening with another serviceable body without tying up a scholarship for 3 or 4 years, and is a useful practice player, if nothing else.
Yeah I get it, and it's just a year so it's not really worth getting worked up over. But it just seems like knowing how weak/inexperienced the front court was going to be we could have gotten someone better. Obviously easier said than done though

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom