ONO vs Boston | The Boneyard

ONO vs Boston

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My vote goes to Boston. Spent a few days there back in the day..... Didnt get to see that much of the city... but The Back Bay area was cool..... walked down Newbury and Bolyston Streets..... ... explored Copley Place and the Shops at the Prudential Center...... had a nice dinner at Legal Seafood. Would like to go ahead and see more of the city.

boston-skyline-best-views.jpg

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
My vote goes to Boston. Spent a few days there back in the day..... Didnt get to see that much of the city... but The Back Bay area was cool..... walked down Newbury and Bolyston Streets..... ... explored Copley Place and the Shops at the Prudential Center...... had a nice dinner at Legal Seafood. Would like to go ahead and see more of the city.

Well I suppose it depends if you like the city or you appreciate a smaller town environment.
Ono ( is a town located in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. As of 1 March 2020, the town had an estimated population of 10,416 in 3464 households, The town is known locally for the "thousand cherry trees" which line the banks of the Natsui River. It is also one of the purported birthplaces of Heian period poet Ono no Komachi.

(from Wiki)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

View attachment 55634

Yeah, but how is the donut situation there?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well I suppose it depends if you like the city or you appreciate a smaller town environment.
Ono ( is a town located in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. As of 1 March 2020, the town had an estimated population of 10,416 in 3464 households, The town is known locally for the "thousand cherry trees" which line the banks of the Natsui River. It is also one of the purported birthplaces of Heian period poet Ono no Komachi.

(from Wiki)

I like cities...

Yeah, but how is the donut situation there?

Welp... no one pointed me in the direction of a nice donut shop... so I dunno.

Reaction Score
I always liked More than a Feeling. I just couldn't get into Yoko's stuff. Matter of fact I think Geno was a big Boston fan, too. I remember hearing him sing More than a Feeling once:

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and (she) slipped away

It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
And I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
'Til I see (Aliyah) walk away
I see my (Aliyah) walkin' away

So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
As clear as the sun in the summer sky

It's more than a feeling (more than a feeling)
When I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
And I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)
'Til I see (Aliyah) walk away
I see my (Aliyah) walkin' away

When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know
I closed my eyes and she slipped away
She slipped away

Guarantee, nobody ever sang anything like that about Yoko.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like cities...

Welp... no one pointed me in the direction of a nice donut shop... so I dunno.

I'd go for the cinnamon bun at Flour. Man, got to be better than the donuts in Japan -- all that soy milk and they're stuffed with bean curd. No way Ono's donuts are better than Boston's.

Reaction Score

View attachment 55634
Next time you go, walking the Freedom Trail is a must. ;)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

(from Wiki)
Ono is also a fish. The word actually means something like good-tasting in Hawaiian (there are many restaurants named Ono), but is applied specifically to the fish known elsewhere as wahoo. I was fortunate to be in Hawaii for a couple of weeks just as the whole spitstorm was unwinding back here, and also fortunate to score a slab of ono at a fish market. I sauteed it with just a little butter and salt and pepper. It was absolutely divine. I'm not much of a fish person, but that stuff was totally ono.

I'm also not big on cities, nor on Japan.

So I vote for Ono.

Reaction Score
Well, on a more serious note, I have not seen the young woman, Boston, play. I did see Ono play many time. When Jamelle became the "acting assistant coach", Ono's play stepped up if I remember correctly. But, I am old, and I may not remember the end of the season that well. You guys could recollect better than I. However, I think with the interjection of Jamelle, we could see more aggressive play on the part of Ono and a few of the other players this season. If that aggressive behavior becomes reality, then I would say that there would be a contest between Boston and Ono.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

View attachment 55634
One thing I know for sure is that the "Pru" is a true big! It is 159.53757 Hartley units to the top of the spire. And Boston featured the Standells. I like Ono, but come on!

Bama fan

Reaction Score

(from Wiki)
In comparison, and thinking first and foremost of the Standells, does "...down by the banks of the River Natsui" even remotely compare?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Ono is also a fish. The word actually means something like good-tasting in Hawaiian (there are many restaurants named Ono), but is applied specifically to the fish known elsewhere as wahoo. I was fortunate to be in Hawaii for a couple of weeks just as the whole spitstorm was unwinding back here, and also fortunate to score a slab of ono at a fish market. I sauteed it with just a little butter and salt and pepper. It was absolutely divine. I'm not much of a fish person, but that stuff was totally ono.

I'm also not big on cities, nor on Japan.

So I vote for Ono.
I give you your piscatorial salute to ono. But counter with a nod to Cape Cod. I raise you Boston baked beans, And you may wash your repast down with a selection from the Old Mr Boston bartenders guide. One of their more uniquely potent potables was "Rock and Rye", although it could be a reach with the fish. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

View attachment 55634
Triad, the next time you go try to get to Durgin Park. Great, great prime rib, fresh strawberry short cake and some of the greatest "wise ass" waitresses you will ever have been served by.

Reaction Score
After going through this thread I feel like I am watching Rod Serling light up a cigarette and tell me that I have just visited a place of incomprehensible thoughts, a place of schizophrenic behavior, a place of disjointed ideas, a destination better known as "The Twilight Zone".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
City wise, I agree with the sentiments. Player wise? Boston, and it's not even close. ONO has the potential, but she is smaller than Boston. Really wish UConn had gotten her.

Reaction Score
After going through this thread I feel like I am watching Rod Sterling light up a cigarette and tell me that I have just visited a place of incomprehensible thoughts, a place of schizophrenic behavior, a place of disjointed ideas, a destination better known as "The Twilight Zone".
Your autocorrect is in in the twilight zone.
It's Serling.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
In comparison, and thinking first and foremost of the Standells, does "...down by the banks of the River Natsui" even remotely compare?

I was gonna remark that the water looked remarkably clean in Triad's picture.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For suishi, my choice is definitely Ono, but as far as cities go, I prefer Boston (to NYC). I'm more of a small town guy. It's why I prefer San Diego to LA.

Reaction Score
For suishi, my choice is definitely Ono, but as far as cities go, I prefer Boston (to NYC). I'm more of a small town guy. It's why I prefer San Diego to LA.
I also vote for San Diego! :)

Boston did have some great songs, though. Their first album was awesome.

I don't eat sushi, so can't speak to Ono..... was never a fan of Yoko, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom