One year ago we started this Revolution... | The Boneyard

One year ago we started this Revolution...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Check out the 3:23 mark. One can clearly see the bassist sporting the Block C on his t shirt. He knows what’s up !!!
That's stretch but lets go with it!

Reaction Score
I got goosebumps as well. Makes you want to run through walls to follow this guy. Leadership is key. Whether at work, at home or just living your daily life, the way Jim Mora has approached this challenge is a great example for all of us…..although I’d rather not live in a haunted house. Go Huskies!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We must have the best coach
Tell the best jokes
We must make it hard to
Look so easy doing something so hard
Like you must see my way
They scream when they look at me
I'm a, I'm a star
I'm a, I'm a star
I'm a star, oh, I'm a star

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
1668373980161.png

Shout out to my boy Bobby D.!

Reaction Score

(Yea… there is a typo w/ the Yale game outcome but you get his drift)

Reaction Score
Coaching matters...

Evan Rodriguez@EvanRodriguezCT 46m
Swenson: "The program was in shambles for a little bit, but then since Coach Mora got here, the whole staff has been unbelievable."

Evan Rodriguez@EvanRodriguezCT 42m
Swenson on Coach Mora: "He relates with us very well. He could come down to the dining room, just sit down with us and just talk. Chat it up about life. That honestly made us more connected with him. He connects very well with the players. His football mind is insane."

Evan Rodriguez@EvanRodriguezCT 40m
From the very start, Coach Mora was able to connect with the younger players of the program. "He's actually a young guy almost. It almost feels like he's in his 30s and he can connect with us at a certain level along with the coaching staff that is young in general."

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Coaching matters...

Evan Rodriguez@EvanRodriguezCT 46m
Swenson: "The program was in shambles for a little bit, but then since Coach Mora got here, the whole staff has been unbelievable."

Evan Rodriguez@EvanRodriguezCT 42m
Swenson on Coach Mora: "He relates with us very well. He could come down to the dining room, just sit down with us and just talk. Chat it up about life. That honestly made us more connected with him. He connects very well with the players. His football mind is insane."

Evan Rodriguez@EvanRodriguezCT 40m
From the very start, Coach Mora was able to connect with the younger players of the program. "He's actually a young guy almost. It almost feels like he's in his 30s and he can connect with us at a certain level along with the coaching staff that is young in general."
I know we probably talk about Edsall too much on here....but Mora sounds like the anti-Edsall. And he is about the same age.

Reaction Score
USA Today had is as the biggest turnaround of the year. They rightly pointed out that we were 1-4 after 5 games so 1-11 or 2-10 was clearly on the table.

Reaction Score
Didn't need its own thread:

From Dom Amore's Sunday Wrap-Around Column:

>A Husky’s pride among Giants

Players in NFL locker rooms love to throw shade on each other’s alma mater, so repping UConn in the NFL has come with that hazard. But former Husky Matt Peart, an offensive lineman in his third season with the Giants, can smile ear to ear as the Huskies, 6-6, await their bowl assignment.

“I’m excited,” Peart said after a practice this week in East Rutherford, N.J. “I’m excited, for the program to finally turn it around, a lot of energy. They definitely have the building blocks of a great culture. It’s a testament to the players, a testament to the coaches. They’re fighting for each other and believe in their coach, it’s awesome to watch.”

Peart, who started 48 games for coaches Bob Diaco and Randy Edsall at UConn, 9-39 over that span, was drafted in the third round in 2020. He tore his ACL last season, but made it back in mid-November. He also made it back to Rentschler Field this season for the Syracuse game, a UConn loss, and has watched whenever his schedule allows.

“I keep in touch with the guys,” Peart said, “like Chase Lundt, Christian Haynes, Eric Watts, and Jackson Mitchell — Mr. Connecticut, doing his thing. I’m happy for them, man, I’m really, really happy.”

Giants teammate Darnay Holmes, who played for Jim Mora at UCLA, has filled him in, and Peart hopes to visit the team in the offseason. “I’ve heard nothing but good things,” he said. “So I can’t wait to finally meet [Mora] in person.” <

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom