One word. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
God we can only hope the team and crowds get better, more fans for Umass? I know there close and all but NC ST is a pretty good team no? 34k and I saw alot of people leaving,bored by our killer offense?

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I've seen better crowds for Buffalo.

There were less than 10k fantastic fans at the Rent today.
Bingo!gonna be funny when more show up for Buffalo & Temple.

Reaction Score
I have to say that was the weirdest thing. It would rain a little at various times, and throngs of people would be running to the stairs to get to cover. I was like, WTF? It was pretty funny.
Do you think it would help if say, a company that sold outdoor & rain gear could be convinced to build a large store near the stadium? Maybe even close enough to walk to before the game?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The crowd was not awful. They were begging for the team to do anything. In the 1st quarter they were very into it. Then the offense got no first downs. Then every time the crowd started getting into it the offense would commit a penalty or the quarterback would fall down. The team took the crowd out of the game.

Reaction Score
Is that a threat? Someone disagrees with you - it must be so hard to go on.

The crowd was the same as it always is. Arrives late, leaves early - bails on the team at the first sign of adversity. That's the fan base - trying to pretend the crowd cloaked themselves in glory and inspired the defense to great heights is ridiculous.

The 15 people behind me who bailed at 10-0 spent the entire game calling for the coaching staff's heads on pikes.

What is your problem with reality?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fan base is the group that stays thru all kinds of weather and no matter who is winning. The rest that leave early are the people that think the Rent is a place to socialize, drink and party in the lots. I even saw a woman in our row knitting. As for the key jinglers, i want to slap the silly, but a least they were standing. We have a few in front of us that were smoozing so much I wanted to yell get a room. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
Do you think it would help if say, a company that sold outdoor & rain gear could be convinced to build a large store near the stadium? Maybe even close enough to walk to before the game?

Touché - well played!

Reaction Score
Were you at the game? Because if not, I can save you the time and explain the problem: it was humid as ducking hell. I mean, just horrible. After drinking all morning, sitting in 85 degree temperatures with 1000% humidity and off and on rain, it's just grueling. Honestly I felt like someone had built a machine simply to drag the energy out of me.
I have to agree with you. I was more drained after that game than any I ever attended. I wasn't sure if it was the weather, my age (66) or if I was getting sick. Some times I wonder if some of the fans ever see any of the game or if they just come to count the people leaving and wearing blue shirts. Miserable people that just look for things others are doing wrong. For the record I wear blue and make as much noise as I can but, I only worry about myself. I could care less about what the people around me are doing as long they don't bother me. I just enjoy the game.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with you. I was more drained after that game than any I ever attended. I wasn't sure if it was the weather, my age (66) or if I was getting sick. Some times I wonder if some of the fans ever see any of the game or if they just come to count the people leaving and wearing blue shirts. Miserable people that just look for things others are doing wrong. For the record I wear blue and make as much noise as I can but, I only worry about myself. I could care less about what the people around me are doing as long they don't bother me. I just enjoy the game.

They bother me otherwise I wouldn't post about it. So just call me (miserable) maybe

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

They don't really bother me either. I just disagreed with the premise that the crowd was fantastic yesterday. This is Connecticut, this is how it is. If it ever changes it will probably be long after I'm dead. I don't get why you'd go to a game and leave before it's decided, but I am there for the game and the 6 or 7 home Saturdays are my favorite 6 or 7 days of the year.

The blue shirt obsession is stupid. The season ticket base and attendance are important.

Reaction Score
I will say, I usually just buy whatever plates and cups I see when I go to the grocery store. This time I made sure both were blue.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I think the crowd support, from opeining whistle, to final, - enduring the complete embarrassment from start to finish that was our offense today, was fantastic.

you all want to disagree? that's fine.

Except for the non-sellout (seriously people this was the best home game of the year) I agree.

The crowd was ready early the game. The weather and the eighty consecutive turnovers kind of killed the vibe. Even at 10-0 it didn't look good given the lack of any offense. We barely averaged 1 yd per carry.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I will say, I usually just buy whatever plates and cups I see when I go to the grocery store. This time I made sure both were blue.

images

;)

Reaction Score
I'd take 40,000 screaming fans over a few thousand blue cups strewn in the parking lot after the game.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
In terms of attendance as compared to UMass, I haven't seen anyone mention, but the UMass tickets were not only heavily discounted and promoted but didn't they also do a giveaway of tickets as a reward for some people?

According to John Silver, the cheapest tickets to NC State were $40 on Ticketmaster. For UMass, I think the promotion price was as low as $15? If so, then I think this is a lesson in price elasticity.

Reaction Score
Except for the non-sellout (seriously people this was the best home game of the year) I agree.

The crowd was ready early the game. The weather and the eighty consecutive turnovers kind of killed the vibe. Even at 10-0 it didn't look good given the lack of any offense. We barely averaged 1 yd per carry.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I have to disagree here...the crowd that was in the stadium which was all of us posting here, a surprisingly strong student showing, and not too many others was ready at the start of the game. I felt bad for the players running out of the tunnel because there were about 20-25 K people scattered throughout the stands at that point. Admittedly, the late comers arrived a little sooner than usual, but that's little solace when thinking about how far we have to go as a fanbase.

Product on the field, personnel, coaching staff, hell even the weather...all factors yesterday but crowd gets demerits too for not coming closer to a sellout, for arriving late, for leaving when it was 10-0, etc. No new news here.

Reaction Score
So you are saying you were only loud for about 25% of the game? What about 1st down? What about 2nd down? Punts? Field goal attempts? Kickoffs? Until we have fans that can sustain noise for an ENTIRE 60 minutes (yes it is possible), we won't have a home field advantage. RGIII said we had one of the coolest places to play in the country after playing here on a Friday night. I'm starting to think he only remembers a portion of that game cause he got his bell rung so many times.

I'm saying I was just trying not to die of dehydration. I drank from 8 am to 11:30 am and ate wayyyy too much meat and the heat was absolutely draining. Maybe that makes me less of a fan -- I don't know. I stayed the entire game and gave as much energy as I could without collapsing of exhaustion, but I'm saying that the weather and the poor football made fanatical cheering for the team more difficult than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom